|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna decide to do where she goes?
(a) Look up books on death.
(b) Chip out a statue of her mother's face.
(c) Grab a barge chain and ride down the river.
(d) Look to see where the murderer slept.
2. Whose arrival in town one day affects Hannelore's life?
(a) A injured soldier.
(b) A new teacher.
(c) A politician.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Hanna decide to do?
(a) Live with her grandparents.
(b) Run away.
(c) Live with her aunt.
(d) Go to boarding school.
4. What does Immers take care of all the time?
(a) His roses.
(b) His cats.
(c) His violets.
(d) His dogs.
5. Why is a search organized in the town?
(a) Rolf does not come home that night.
(b) A stranger has grabbed a child.
(c) A farmer's prize cow has wandered off.
(d) A toddler wandered off into the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rolf finally agree to do?
2. What does the man do after the pastor took this action?
3. Who is Veronika?
4. How does the person being criticized respond?
5. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hanna do when Rolf says his request?
2. From where does Hans-Jurgen escape and who decides to search for him?
3. How does Rolf learn about his father?
4. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
5. How does Manfred's father endanger Manfred?
6. What upsets Hanna about her father after her mother died and where does she go to get away from the situation?
7. What does Manfred's father do with the money and then what does he ask his wife when he returns home?
8. How does Rolf feel and what does he do about what Hanna tells him?
9. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
10. What did Rolf tell Hanna not to do?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)