|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veronika think she is doing by her actions?
(a) Saving Hanna.
(b) Helping the students become outstanding.
(c) Keeping Hanna from becoming a spoiled brat.
(d) Keeping Hanna from getting fat.
2. What happened on New Year's Eve, 1952?
(a) Manfred's mother killed herself with drugs.
(b) Manfred's brother died in an accident.
(c) Manfred's father left his family and was never heard from again.
(d) Manfred's father hanged himself.
3. What do other people take for granted concerning Hannelore?
(a) Using her as a babysitter.
(b) Her presence.
(c) Her willingness to help them.
(d) Her approachability.
4. Why does Rolf confront Hanna?
(a) About the joke Hanna played on his mother.
(b) He does not confront Hanna.
(c) About what Hanna said to some classmates about Rolf.
(d) About Hanna inviting Hans who has a bad reputation.
5. Who molests Karin?
(a) The principal at the school.
(b) Hanna's grandfather.
(c) No one.
(d) Karin's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Veronika?
2. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
3. What was Anton Immers' occupation?
4. What does Manfred's father keep begging of his wife?
5. How does Hanna think she might get to town one day when she is at the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
2. How does the wife respond to her husband's request and what does Manfred do?
3. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
4. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
5. Who is the new person in town and how does this involve Hannelore?
6. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
7. Why does Hanna's mother feel guilty when she hears about Karin Baum's situation?
8. What is Anton Immers' hobby?
9. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
10. What does Hanna think about as she is recovering from her fright on the river?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)