|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was shot in town?
(a) A young couple.
(b) A young teen.
(c) A drifter.
(d) A policeman.
2. How does Immers win prizes?
(a) Showing his violets.
(b) Showing his two poodles.
(c) Showing his favorite cat.
(d) Showing his one parakeet that has a large vocabulary.
3. What career does the pastor's sister give up?
(b) Social worker.
4. What does Rolf finally agree to do?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Go home.
(c) Apologize to Hanna's best friend.
(d) Speak to his grandfather about his father.
5. What creates a whirlpool?
(a) The barges' engines.
(b) A mini-tornado.
(d) A fresh water spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do after the pastor took this action?
2. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
3. What does Hanna tell Rolf?
4. How old is Hanna when her mother dies?
5. What does Hanna decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
2. Who is Veronika and why does she eat all the pastries that Hanna's mother serves?
3. What did Rolf tell Hanna not to do?
4. What is Anton Immers' hobby?
5. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
6. How does Manfred's father endanger Manfred?
7. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
8. Who is Hannelore Beier?
9. What does Manfred's father do with the money and then what does he ask his wife when he returns home?
10. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)