|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hanna and Renate decide to do?
(a) Try to find Hans-Jurgen.
(b) Ask permission to skip school one day.
(c) Skip school without permission.
(d) Go swimming in a storm.
2. What does Hanna do one day when she wants away from her father's new girlfriend?
(a) Goes to the river to swim.
(b) Goes to the vacant grist mill.
(c) Goes to the library.
(d) Goes to the old quarry to swim.
3. Who is Karin Baum?
(a) Trudi's cousin.
(b) Hanna's friend.
(c) Hanna's cousin.
(d) A new girl in town.
4. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
(a) Flushed from the sun.
(b) Dressed up.
(c) Dirty and dusty.
5. Who does Immers criticize continually one day?
(a) A dog trainer Immers hired.
(b) A painter who is working on Immers' home.
(c) A cat groomer Immers hired.
(d) A veterinarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the victim(s) shot?
2. How does Manfred's mother react as his father dies?
3. What do other people take for granted concerning Hannelore?
4. What does Veronika think she is doing by her actions?
5. What does Hannelore do as a result of her brother's action?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hannelore Beier?
2. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
3. How does Manfred's father endanger Manfred?
4. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
5. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
6. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
7. How old was Hanna when her mother died and how did her mother die?
8. From where does Hans-Jurgen escape and who decides to search for him?
9. What does Hanna do at the river when she is upset at her father?
10. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)