|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna decide to do where she goes?
(a) Look up books on death.
(b) Chip out a statue of her mother's face.
(c) Grab a barge chain and ride down the river.
(d) Look to see where the murderer slept.
2. What precipitates Manfred's father's death?
(a) The cops are banging on the door.
(b) His son trips and pushes him out the window.
(c) His wife pushes him.
(d) The chair slips.
3. Where was Hans-Jurgen staying?
(a) The abandoned flour mill.
(b) The closed ferry terminal.
(c) The old cemetary.
(d) The library basement.
4. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
(a) Get him some breakfast.
(b) Ask his mother to come talk with him.
(c) Get him some paper and a pencil.
(d) Learn more about his father.
5. How did Hanna's mother fit into the small town?
(a) Not well.
(b) Not at all; no one ever spoke to her.
(c) As if she had been born there.
(d) She had a few really good friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Klara Brocker?
2. What does Rolf finally agree to do?
3. What does Hanna do when she gets angry at Rolf?
4. What does Hannelore do as a result of her brother's action?
5. How does Manfred's father try to manipulate his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
2. What upsets Hanna about her father after her mother died and where does she go to get away from the situation?
3. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
4. Who is Hannelore Beier?
5. What does Hanna do at the river when she is upset at her father?
6. Why does a painter paint over Anton's bedroom window?
7. How does Rolf learn about his father?
8. How old was Hanna when her mother died and how did her mother die?
9. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
10. Who is Anton Immers?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)