|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manfred's father too afraid to do?
(a) Kill his son.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Kill himself.
2. What is it about Hanna's mother's personality that causes her death?
(a) Her inattention.
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her carelessness.
(d) Her recklessness.
3. How is Hannelore Beier described?
(b) Quiet and unobtrusive.
4. What does Manfred's father keep begging of his wife?
(a) To take the children to her mother's home.
(b) To divorce him.
(c) To speak to him.
(d) To tell him if she has anymore money.
5. Who molests Karin?
(a) No one.
(b) Hanna's grandfather.
(c) The principal at the school.
(d) Karin's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rolf?
2. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
3. Who is Veronika?
4. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
5. Why is a search organized in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
2. How does the wife respond to her husband's request and what does Manfred do?
3. What happens to a young couple who are in their car and who do the townspeople think is responsible?
4. How does Rolf learn about his father?
5. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
6. What did Rolf tell Hanna not to do?
7. Why does a painter paint over Anton's bedroom window?
8. How does Manfred's father endanger Manfred?
9. What does Manfred's father do with the money and then what does he ask his wife when he returns home?
10. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)