|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hanna's mother fit into the small town?
(a) Not at all; no one ever spoke to her.
(b) As if she had been born there.
(c) She had a few really good friends.
(d) Not well.
2. Why does Rolf confront Hanna?
(a) About the joke Hanna played on his mother.
(b) About Hanna inviting Hans who has a bad reputation.
(c) About what Hanna said to some classmates about Rolf.
(d) He does not confront Hanna.
3. Who does Immers criticize continually one day?
(a) A painter who is working on Immers' home.
(b) A cat groomer Immers hired.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A dog trainer Immers hired.
4. What do people say about what Immers does after the incident?
(a) Perhaps someone decided he was of weaker stock.
(b) The new house is much inferior to the old one.
(c) They can hardly believe he apologized.
(d) Immers' action was a bit extreme.
5. Who is Karin Baum?
(a) Trudi's cousin.
(b) Hanna's cousin.
(c) A new girl in town.
(d) Hanna's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rolf?
2. What does Manfred's father ask his wife when he returns from a bar after holding Manfred out the window?
3. How does Manfred's father try to manipulate his wife?
4. Why is a search organized in the town?
5. What does Hanna decide to do where she goes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Hanna when her mother died and how did her mother die?
2. What does Hanna do when Rolf says his request?
3. Where does Hanna find Rolf, what do they do there and upon what do they agree?
4. Who is Anton Immers?
5. Who is Hannelore Beier?
6. What did Rolf tell Hanna not to do?
7. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
8. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
9. What is Anton Immers' hobby?
10. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)