|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What precipitates Manfred's father's death?
(a) The cops are banging on the door.
(b) His son trips and pushes him out the window.
(c) The chair slips.
(d) His wife pushes him.
2. How does the person being criticized respond?
(a) He paints over Immers' window.
(b) He charges Immers more for the office visit for the parakeet.
(c) He trains the dog to jump on Immers.
(d) She shaves a big gouge in the cat's fur on the back.
3. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
(a) Get him some breakfast.
(b) Ask his mother to come talk with him.
(c) Get him some paper and a pencil.
(d) Learn more about his father.
4. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
(a) To get married.
(b) She is blinded in an accident.
(c) She learns she is not patient with children.
(d) To care for her brother.
5. What do other people take for granted concerning Hannelore?
(a) Her willingness to help them.
(b) Using her as a babysitter.
(c) Her approachability.
(d) Her presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rolf finally agree to do?
2. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
3. What is the pastor forced to do concerning the new man in town?
4. What do people say about what Immers does after the incident?
5. How does Hanna tear her skin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the wife respond to her husband's request and what does Manfred do?
2. Why does Hanna's mother feel guilty when she hears about Karin Baum's situation?
3. What does Hanna do at the river when she is upset at her father?
4. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
5. What upsets Hanna about her father after her mother died and where does she go to get away from the situation?
6. Why does a painter paint over Anton's bedroom window?
7. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
8. Where does Hanna find Rolf, what do they do there and upon what do they agree?
9. Who is Hannelore Beier?
10. What does Hanna think about as she is recovering from her fright on the river?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)