|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Hanna's father assure Hanna?
(a) Hanna's mother is in a better place.
(b) He will remember to always consult Hanna about their life.
(c) He will never forget her mother.
(d) He will always love Hanna.
2. What does Manfred's father keep begging of his wife?
(a) To divorce him.
(b) To speak to him.
(c) To take the children to her mother's home.
(d) To tell him if she has anymore money.
3. Why does Manfred's father hang Manfred out the window?
(a) To force the police to leave his home.
(b) To force Manfred's mother to give him the grocery money.
(c) To make his wife be quiet.
(d) Playing with Manfred.
4. With whom does Immers live?
(a) His son and daughter-in-law.
(b) The other folks at the home.
(c) No one.
(d) His disabled daughter.
5. Where does Immers spend most of his time?
(a) In the library.
(b) In his room.
(c) In the park.
(d) Various places.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was shot in town?
2. What is Manfred's father too afraid to do?
3. What does Manfred's father ask his wife when he returns from a bar after holding Manfred out the window?
4. What is it about Hanna's mother's personality that causes her death?
5. From what does Veronika think she is invulnerable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rolf tell Hanna not to do?
2. How does Manfred's father endanger Manfred?
3. Who is Hannelore Beier?
4. How does the wife respond to her husband's request and what does Manfred do?
5. How does Rolf feel and what does he do about what Hanna tells him?
6. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
7. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
8. How does Rolf learn about his father?
9. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
10. What happens to a young couple who are in their car and who do the townspeople think is responsible?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)