|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rolf ask Hanna?
(a) Not to be friends with Hans Becker.
(b) Not to talk to his mother when she is trying to work.
(c) If she will give him one of her new puppies.
(d) Not to play anymore jokes on his mother.
2. What does Immers do a few months after the incident?
(a) Finally apologizes.
(c) Moves into a new house.
(d) Moves away.
3. How old is Hanna when her mother dies?
4. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
(a) Reading to children.
(b) Talking to the librarian about a book she's read.
(c) Playing with her dog.
5. Where do Hanna and Renate go many times?
(a) The abandoned flour mill.
(b) The old quarry.
(c) The lake.
(d) The closed ferry landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Veronika?
2. What does Hanna do when she gets angry at Rolf?
3. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
4. How did Hanna's mother fit into the small town?
5. What does Hanna decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where does Hans-Jurgen escape and who decides to search for him?
2. What upsets Hanna about her father after her mother died and where does she go to get away from the situation?
3. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
4. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
5. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
6. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
7. Where does Hanna find Rolf, what do they do there and upon what do they agree?
8. Who is the new person in town and how does this involve Hannelore?
9. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
10. Who is Veronika and why does she eat all the pastries that Hanna's mother serves?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)