|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannelore do as a result of her brother's action?
(a) Moves back to her hometown.
(b) Returns to nursing school.
(c) Goes with the man when he leaves town.
(d) Refuses his offer of marriage.
2. What shocks Hanna about Veronika's actions?
(a) Veronika eats all the pastries in one bite.
(b) Veronika eats all the waffles.
(c) Veronika slaps Hanna on the backside to punish her.
(d) Veronika gives the students too much homework.
3. From what does Veronika think she is invulnerable?
(a) The principal's ire.
(b) The students' rebelling.
(c) Hanna's mother's censure.
(d) The poison.
4. What happened on New Year's Eve, 1952?
(a) Manfred's mother killed herself with drugs.
(b) Manfred's father hanged himself.
(c) Manfred's brother died in an accident.
(d) Manfred's father left his family and was never heard from again.
5. What causes Manfred's father to become violent?
(a) Nothing; he was a gentle man.
(c) His boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hanna's mother fit into the small town?
2. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
3. Who is Karin Baum?
4. What is the pastor forced into this action?
5. Where was Hans-Jurgen staying?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)