|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manfred's mother respond to her husband?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She refuses to speak to him.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) She calls the police again.
2. Why is a search organized in the town?
(a) Rolf does not come home that night.
(b) A toddler wandered off into the woods.
(c) A stranger has grabbed a child.
(d) A farmer's prize cow has wandered off.
3. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
(a) Dressed up.
(b) Dirty and dusty.
(c) Flushed from the sun.
4. What does Hanna decide to do?
(a) Live with her aunt.
(b) Live with her grandparents.
(c) Run away.
(d) Go to boarding school.
5. What does Hannelore do as a result of her brother's action?
(a) Moves back to her hometown.
(b) Returns to nursing school.
(c) Refuses his offer of marriage.
(d) Goes with the man when he leaves town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanna tell Rolf?
2. What does Manfred's father keep begging of his wife?
3. What does Veronika think she is doing by her actions?
4. Why does Rolf confront Hanna?
5. What do Hanna and Renate decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
2. What does Hanna do at the river when she is upset at her father?
3. What upsets Hanna about her father after her mother died and where does she go to get away from the situation?
4. Who is Anton Immers?
5. How old was Hanna when her mother died and how did her mother die?
6. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
7. What is Anton Immers' hobby?
8. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
9. How does Rolf learn about his father?
10. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)