|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her erect posture.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her lips.
2. Where does Immers live?
(a) In an apartment where Trudi's family lives.
(b) In a retirement home.
(c) In an apartment where Hanna's family lives.
(d) In a house above the butcher shop.
3. Where are the victim(s) shot?
(a) At school.
(b) In their car.
(c) In a bank that was being robbed.
(d) In the park.
4. What do Hanna and Renate decide to do?
(a) Skip school without permission.
(b) Ask permission to skip school one day.
(c) Try to find Hans-Jurgen.
(d) Go swimming in a storm.
5. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
(a) Talking to the librarian about a book she's read.
(b) Playing with her dog.
(d) Reading to children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was shot in town?
2. How does Immers win prizes?
3. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
4. Who is Hans-Jurgen Braunmeier?
5. What shocks Hanna about Veronika's actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
2. How does Rolf feel and what does he do about what Hanna tells him?
3. What does Hanna do at the river when she is upset at her father?
4. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
5. Why does Hanna's mother feel guilty when she hears about Karin Baum's situation?
6. How does the wife respond to her husband's request and what does Manfred do?
7. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
8. What happens to a young couple who are in their car and who do the townspeople think is responsible?
9. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
10. What did Rolf tell Hanna not to do?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)