|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does he notice this about Hannelore?
(a) At a church social at the river.
(b) At a dinner at the rectory.
(c) At choir practice.
(d) At a party at Hanna's home.
2. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
(a) Flushed from the sun.
(b) Dressed up.
(c) Dirty and dusty.
3. What do people say about what Immers does after the incident?
(a) They can hardly believe he apologized.
(b) Immers' action was a bit extreme.
(c) The new house is much inferior to the old one.
(d) Perhaps someone decided he was of weaker stock.
4. What is the pastor forced into this action?
(a) The man's mother was ill and needed medical care.
(b) The man stole some things from the church school.
(c) Due to his inappropriate relationship with Hannelore.
(d) The pastor was worried his sister would get hurt.
5. What does the man do after the pastor took this action?
(a) Leaves town.
(b) Brings his mother to live with him.
(c) Hires a lawyer.
(d) Proposes to Hannelore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Veronika?
2. About what does Hanna think when she gets back to shore?
3. What does Manfred's father know he will do?
4. What did Hans-Jurgen do that everyone knows about?
5. What does Veronika think she is doing by her actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
2. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
3. What does Hanna do at the river when she is upset at her father?
4. Who is the new person in town and how does this involve Hannelore?
5. What does Hanna think about as she is recovering from her fright on the river?
6. Who is Veronika and why does she eat all the pastries that Hanna's mother serves?
7. What is Anton Immers' hobby?
8. What did Rolf tell Hanna not to do?
9. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
10. How does the wife respond to her husband's request and what does Manfred do?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)