|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anton Immers' occupation?
2. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
(a) Flushed from the sun.
(b) Dirty and dusty.
(c) Dressed up.
3. How does Immers win prizes?
(a) Showing his one parakeet that has a large vocabulary.
(b) Showing his two poodles.
(c) Showing his favorite cat.
(d) Showing his violets.
4. With whom does Immers live?
(a) His son and daughter-in-law.
(b) The other folks at the home.
(c) His disabled daughter.
(d) No one.
5. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
(a) Learn more about his father.
(b) Ask his mother to come talk with him.
(c) Get him some paper and a pencil.
(d) Get him some breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Immers live?
2. Where are the victim(s) shot?
3. How is Hannelore Beier described?
4. How does Hanna ignore what Rolf asks of her?
5. How does Hanna think she might get to town one day when she is at the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the new person in town and how does this involve Hannelore?
2. Who is Veronika and why does she eat all the pastries that Hanna's mother serves?
3. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
4. How does Rolf feel and what does he do about what Hanna tells him?
5. Who is Hannelore Beier?
6. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
7. Why does a painter paint over Anton's bedroom window?
8. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
9. How does the wife respond to her husband's request and what does Manfred do?
10. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)