|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Veronika think she is invulnerable?
(a) The principal's ire.
(b) The poison.
(c) Hanna's mother's censure.
(d) The students' rebelling.
2. Where did Hans-Jurgen recently live?
(a) In Germany.
(b) At an insane asylum.
(c) At a veteran's nursing home
(d) In Paris.
3. Who does Immers criticize continually one day?
(a) A dog trainer Immers hired.
(b) A painter who is working on Immers' home.
(c) A cat groomer Immers hired.
(d) A veterinarian.
4. Who is Karin Baum?
(a) Hanna's friend.
(b) A new girl in town.
(c) Hanna's cousin.
(d) Trudi's cousin.
5. What did Hans-Jurgen do that everyone knows about?
(a) Won a gold medal for swimming.
(b) Shot and killed his girlfriend and a young man.
(c) Had an affair with the mayor's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hallucinates of poison falling from the sky?
2. What shocks Hanna about Veronika's actions?
3. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
4. What does Immers try to give more space in which to grow?
5. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the new person in town and how does this involve Hannelore?
2. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
3. Who is Anton Immers?
4. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
5. Why does Hanna's mother feel guilty when she hears about Karin Baum's situation?
6. Who is Hannelore Beier?
7. How does Rolf learn about his father?
8. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
9. Who is Veronika and why does she eat all the pastries that Hanna's mother serves?
10. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)