|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hanna and Renate decide to do?
(a) Ask permission to skip school one day.
(b) Try to find Hans-Jurgen.
(c) Go swimming in a storm.
(d) Skip school without permission.
2. How old is Hanna when her mother dies?
3. Where does Immers live?
(a) In a retirement home.
(b) In a house above the butcher shop.
(c) In an apartment where Trudi's family lives.
(d) In an apartment where Hanna's family lives.
4. Where does Immers spend most of his time?
(a) In his room.
(b) Various places.
(c) In the park.
(d) In the library.
5. What does Immers take care of all the time?
(a) His dogs.
(b) His roses.
(c) His cats.
(d) His violets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hanna's mother fit into the small town?
2. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
3. What does Hanna decide to do?
4. How does the person being criticized respond?
5. How does Hanna ignore what Rolf asks of her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Hanna and Renate search for Hans-Jurgen and what is the outcome?
2. Why does Hanna's mother feel guilty when she hears about Karin Baum's situation?
3. Why does Hannelore leave her brother's home?
4. Why does a painter paint over Anton's bedroom window?
5. What does Hanna think about as she is recovering from her fright on the river?
6. Where does Hanna find Rolf, what do they do there and upon what do they agree?
7. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
8. How does Rolf learn about his father?
9. Who is Veronika and why does she eat all the pastries that Hanna's mother serves?
10. How does Rolf feel and what does he do about what Hanna tells him?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)