|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
(a) Playing with her dog.
(b) Talking to the librarian about a book she's read.
(d) Reading to children.
2. Who is Veronika?
(a) Trudi's housekeeper.
(b) The new school teacher.
(c) Hanna's mother's friend.
(d) Hanna's nanny.
3. What is Hanna's father's new girlfriend like?
(d) As crazy as Hanna's mother.
4. What does Hanna do one day when she wants away from her father's new girlfriend?
(a) Goes to the vacant grist mill.
(b) Goes to the river to swim.
(c) Goes to the library.
(d) Goes to the old quarry to swim.
5. How does Immers win prizes?
(a) Showing his favorite cat.
(b) Showing his one parakeet that has a large vocabulary.
(c) Showing his two poodles.
(d) Showing his violets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Immers have a habit of doing concerning his pastime?
2. Who is Karin Baum?
3. What does Hannelore do as a result of her brother's action?
4. What do they ask at the restaurant?
5. When does he notice this about Hannelore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Veronika and why does she eat all the pastries that Hanna's mother serves?
2. What does Hanna do at the river when she is upset at her father?
3. How does Rolf learn about his father?
4. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
5. How does the wife respond to her husband's request and what does Manfred do?
6. What is Anton Immers' hobby?
7. Why does a painter paint over Anton's bedroom window?
8. What does Hanna do when Rolf says his request?
9. How does Rolf feel and what does he do about what Hanna tells him?
10. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)