|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Immers take care of all the time?
(a) His cats.
(b) His roses.
(c) His violets.
(d) His dogs.
2. How did Hanna and her mother once get to a fancy restaurant?
(a) Riding bikes.
(b) Floating on the river.
(d) Riding a trolley.
3. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
(a) Flushed from the sun.
(b) Dressed up.
(d) Dirty and dusty.
4. What does Hanna tell Rolf?
(a) She is glad Rolf is upset.
(b) She knows all about Rolf's American father.
(c) She is happy that he and Klar are getting along again.
(d) She is sad about the missing cow.
5. Who molests Karin?
(a) Hanna's grandfather.
(b) Karin's grandfather.
(c) No one.
(d) The principal at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manfred's father know he will do?
2. What does Immers have a habit of doing concerning his pastime?
3. How does Manfred's mother respond to her husband?
4. Where are the victim(s) shot?
5. When does he notice this about Hannelore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
2. What happens to a young couple who are in their car and who do the townspeople think is responsible?
3. How does Rolf feel and what does he do about what Hanna tells him?
4. What upsets Hanna about her father after her mother died and where does she go to get away from the situation?
5. How and why does Anton cull his violets?
6. Who is Anton Immers?
7. What does Hanna do at the river when she is upset at her father?
8. What does Hanna do when Rolf says his request?
9. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
10. How old was Hanna when her mother died and how did her mother die?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)