|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Trudi do what she almost started to do at the river?
(a) The water is too cold.
(b) Her neighbor stops her.
(c) Her father arrives and stops her.
(d) She doesn't want to put the worm on the hook.
2. Why does the mother go there?
(a) She intends to give birth there.
(b) She wants to request prayers.
(c) She wants something for her pain.
(d) She wants the doctor to listen to her baby's heartbeat.
3. Who is Trudi's father?
(a) The local pay librarian.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The constable.
(d) The doctor.
4. How is it said that Trudi's mother went insane?
(a) From seeing her young son drown.
(b) Her grandmother passed insanity on to Trudi's mother.
(c) Her husband hit her in the head too often.
(d) From guilt of dropping Trudi.
5. What does Hanna notice Matthias stops doing?
(a) Inviting the man over.
(b) Going to work.
(c) Sitting on the front stoop and talking to her.
(d) Giving her candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Oma helped?
2. What does Siegfried dream one day?
3. How does Siegfried die?
4. When does Hanna's mother like to swim?
5. What one opportunity is destroyed by Trudi's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hanna's mother told by the nuns when she goes to the convent, and what is the mother's response?
2. Describe the narrator of these stories.
3. Who is Siegfried Tegern and what does he dream?
4. What do the townspeople say is the source of Trudi's dwarfism?
5. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
6. What does the narrator's mother learn when she returns to the convent after starting labor?
7. What does Siegfried do as a result of the dream and why does he do so?
8. Describe Trudi Montag.
9. How does Siegfried ultimately die?
10. What does Hanna learn from Trudi about her father?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)