|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said is the result of what Trudi's mother did?
(a) Trudi is a drawf.
(b) Trudi is now too fat.
(c) Trudi is smarter than all the other children.
(d) Trudi is almost blind.
2. How does the action Siegfried take because of his dream get out of hand?
(a) He pays the lawyer a monthly retainer fee just to keep the lawyer.
(b) He ends up with seven pistols and one rifle.
(c) He ends up with seven dogs.
(d) He cancels all his future trips.
3. Where does the narrator's mother go?
(a) A free clinic.
(b) A convent.
(c) A drugstore.
(d) A hospital.
4. What does the mother learn about the baby?
(a) It is healthy.
(b) It is a breech.
(c) It has died.
(d) It is a boy.
5. Who is Klara Blocker?
(a) Hanna's father's sister.
(b) Hanna's best friend.
(c) The neighbor and Hanna's mother's best friend.
(d) The maid to Hanna's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanna encourage Matthias to do?
2. Where does Hanna's mother go swimming?
3. Who taught Hanna how to swim?
4. What does Hanna's mother not show people for a long time?
5. Who is Matthias?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Hanna's paternal grandmother and how does she cope?
2. How does Hanna's mother get Hanna involved in swimming?
3. What do many people believe is the cause of Trudi becoming an old maid?
4. Who is Klara Blocker?
5. How does Hanna's father end up marrying a different woman than the one to whom he is first engaged?
6. Describe the narrator of these stories.
7. Why does Oma go back to the hospital one day?
8. Who does Hanna befriend?
9. What does the narrator's mother learn when she returns to the convent after starting labor?
10. What is Hanna's mother told by the nuns when she goes to the convent, and what is the mother's response?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)