|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Trudi's father?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The constable.
(c) The local pay librarian.
(d) The doctor.
2. Where does Trudi's mother die?
(a) In a distant hospital.
(b) At home locked up in the attic.
(c) In the lake where she threw herself.
(d) In the local nursing home.
3. Why does Oma ask to go to the hospital?
(a) She wants to visit her best friend who is ill.
(b) She thinks she has pneumonia.
(c) She wants to visit her sister who is ill.
(d) She feels the same symptoms in her other leg that she did in the missing one.
4. What does Hanna's mother give Hanna's father?
(a) A reason to not work so hard.
(b) Happiness and excitement.
(c) A reason to work hard.
(d) A headache.
5. What does Hanna think her mother and father do for each other?
(a) Keep each other from becoming bored.
(b) Hanna has no idea.
(c) Show each other different ways of seeing.
(d) Balance each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said Trudi's mother did to Trudi as a child?
2. What reassurance does the mother receive?
3. What does Hanna often do with a flower she steals here and there?
4. How does the midwife seem before she returns home with her daughter?
5. With whom does Klara become lovers near the end of the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after he receives a regular visitor and what does she say to Matthias about her observation?
2. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
3. How old was Hanna when her mother died and how did her mother die?
4. Who is Anton Immers?
5. What does Siegfried do as a result of the dream and why does he do so?
6. What does the narrator's mother learn when she returns to the convent after starting labor?
7. Where does Hanna find Rolf, what do they do there and upon what do they agree?
8. How does Manfred's father end up dead?
9. Why does a painter paint over Anton's bedroom window?
10. How does Rolf feel and what does he do about what Hanna tells him?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)