|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the solider?
(a) He is refused permssion to marry Klara.
(b) He is killed when Klara is three months pregant.
(c) He marries Klara but is then killed.
(d) He is supposedly reassigned.
2. Who is Trudi's father?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The constable.
(d) The local pay librarian.
3. How is Trudi treated in her childhood?
(a) With thoughtlessness.
(b) No one goes near her.
(c) With derision.
(d) With extreme care.
4. When does Hanna's mother like to swim?
(a) When no one else is around.
(b) When the water is very chilly.
(c) When there is a thunderstorm.
(d) When the water is warm.
5. How long did Hanna's mother hear about her paintings from people?
(a) They eventually stopped talking about them.
(b) Every time she displays them, there is gossip for a while.
(c) They never talked about them.
(d) They were still talking about them when Hanna was a middle-aged woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Trudi almost tempted to do at the river?
2. What does the mother trust over the next three days?
3. What does Hanna's mother give Hanna's father?
4. What happens when the mother goes into labor?
5. What does Hanna often do with a flower she steals here and there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matthias tell Hanna about his life as a priest in training?
2. Describe Klara's romance with an American soldier.
3. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
4. How does Hanna's mother get Hanna involved in swimming?
5. What is the problem with the narrator's mother in White Lilacs and what does she do?
6. What do the townspeople say is the source of Trudi's dwarfism?
7. Describe the narrator of these stories.
8. What do many people believe is the cause of Trudi becoming an old maid?
9. How does Siegfried ultimately die?
10. Who is Siegfried Tegern and what does he dream?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)