|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the midwife seem before she returns home with her daughter?
(b) Not pregnant.
2. What does Siegfried begin doing in the evenings?
(a) Researching dreams in the library.
(b) Courting a woman down the street.
(c) Walking his dogs.
(d) Getting drunk.
3. What is a characteristic of Hanna's father?
4. What do the doctors at the hospital attempt to do?
(a) Treat Oma's sister with a new drug.
(b) Convince Oma's friend to go home.
(c) Treat Oma's blood clot in her other leg.
(d) Give Oma some lung treatments.
5. Who does Hanna befriend?
(a) A new girl at school.
(b) A new boy at school.
(c) Her cousin's good friend.
(d) A new man in her apartment building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Renate suffer as a child?
2. What does Hanna's father do with Oma?
3. How is Trudi's father towards her?
4. Who is Trudi's father?
5. What does Trudi say is reckless?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after he receives a regular visitor and what does she say to Matthias about her observation?
2. How does Siegfried ultimately die?
3. Who does Hanna befriend?
4. When does Hanna's mother most like to swim?
5. What is Hanna's mother told by the nuns when she goes to the convent, and what is the mother's response?
6. Who is Klara Blocker?
7. What does the narrator's mother learn when she returns to the convent after starting labor?
8. What happens when Hanna's baby brother is born?
9. What does Trudi call Hanna's father's actions concerning his marriage and what does Hanna think about that?
10. What is the problem with the narrator's mother in White Lilacs and what does she do?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)