|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna's paternal grandmother have only one leg?
(a) She was born with only one leg and one hand.
(b) She was born with a shriveled leg they had to eventually amputate.
(c) She lost the other one to a blood clot.
(d) She was in a car accident.
2. How does the action Siegfried take because of his dream get out of hand?
(a) He cancels all his future trips.
(b) He ends up with seven pistols and one rifle.
(c) He ends up with seven dogs.
(d) He pays the lawyer a monthly retainer fee just to keep the lawyer.
3. What does the mother learn about the baby?
(a) It is healthy.
(b) It is a breech.
(c) It is a boy.
(d) It has died.
4. What caused Hanna's father to fall in love with Hanna's mother?
(a) Her unusual almost gold hair.
(b) Her lilting laugh.
(c) He saw one of her paintings.
(d) Her unusual grey eyes.
5. In what does Trudi engage regularly?
(a) Writing funny stories.
(c) Brisk walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother realize?
2. What does Siegfried dream one day?
3. How is Trudi's father towards her?
4. Who is Hanna's girlfriend?
5. Who does Hanna say died as an infant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Klara's romance with an American soldier.
2. Who is Hannelore Beier?
3. What do the townspeople say is the source of Trudi's dwarfism?
4. What does Matthias tell Hanna about his life as a priest in training?
5. Describe the narrator of these stories.
6. How is Oma healed of the second blood clot?
7. Who does Hanna befriend?
8. What does Hanna think about as she is recovering from her fright on the river?
9. Who is Siegfried Tegern and what does he dream?
10. How does Hanna's father end up marrying a different woman than the one to whom he is first engaged?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)