|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the mother become enraged?
(a) Her baby had remained in utero too long and the nuns did nothing.
(b) The nuns refuse to help her once they know the baby is dead.
(c) Her husband says the death is for the best.
(d) The nuns say it is God's will.
2. About what does Siegfried start feeling better?
(a) His dream.
(b) The prospect of marriage.
(c) The tenuous nature of life.
(d) His last job which is almost complete.
3. In what does Trudi engage regularly?
(a) Writing funny stories.
(b) Brisk walking.
4. What is different about this dream than his usual ones?
(a) It is vivid and recurs.
(b) It has no dream quality to it.
(c) He is able to change it consciously while still sleeping.
(d) He is not in the dream; just a narrator.
5. Who does Trudi meet at the river one day?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) A man.
(d) A young boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one opportunity is destroyed by Trudi's father?
2. How does the midwife seem before she returns home with her daughter?
3. Why does Hanna take holy water to Renate?
4. What does Trudi say is reckless?
5. How did people react to Hanna's mother's paintings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Matthias Berger.
2. What does Siegfried do as a result of the dream and why does he do so?
3. What does the narrator's mother learn when she returns to the convent after starting labor?
4. How does Hanna's father end up marrying a different woman than the one to whom he is first engaged?
5. What does Matthias do about Hanna's suggestion about the man who visits him?
6. Describe the narrator of these stories.
7. How does Hanna's mother get Hanna involved in swimming?
8. How is Oma healed of the second blood clot?
9. Why does Oma go back to the hospital one day?
10. What does Trudi call Hanna's father's actions concerning his marriage and what does Hanna think about that?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)