|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hanna befriend?
(a) A new man in her apartment building.
(b) A new girl at school.
(c) Her cousin's good friend.
(d) A new boy at school.
2. What does Siegfried dream one day?
(a) He is imprisoned by some brigands.
(b) He is hung for a crime he did not commit.
(c) He is killed in a meadow.
(d) He is flying alongside an airplane.
3. What does Siegfried begin doing in the evenings?
(a) Walking his dogs.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Researching dreams in the library.
(d) Courting a woman down the street.
4. How does Siegfried die?
(a) An airplane crash.
(b) He is killed by a punk wanting money.
(c) His dogs kill him.
(d) He stumbles while drunk and falls over the banister and is hung.
5. What does the narrator's mother realize?
(a) She is not sure she wants to keep the baby.
(b) Her husband is not going to return home in time for the delivery.
(c) She is about to go into labor.
(d) She cannot feel the baby moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hanna's girlfriend?
2. How did people react to Hanna's mother's paintings?
3. What does Hanna's paternal grandmother have only one leg?
4. What does the mother learn about the baby?
5. Who is Trudi's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do many people believe is the cause of Trudi becoming an old maid?
2. What does Matthias tell Hanna about his life as a priest in training?
3. How does Hanna's father end up marrying a different woman than the one to whom he is first engaged?
4. What happens to Hanna's paternal grandmother and how does she cope?
5. What does the narrator's mother learn when she returns to the convent after starting labor?
6. Who is Klara Blocker?
7. Why does Oma go back to the hospital one day?
8. What does Hanna learn from Trudi about her father?
9. Describe Trudi Montag.
10. Describe the narrator of these stories.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)