|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said Trudi's mother did to Trudi as a child?
(a) Left her in a dark room all the time.
(b) Starved her.
(c) Tried to make her learn to read too soon.
(d) Dropped her on her head.
2. What is a characteristic of Hanna's father?
3. When do Hanna and her mother go off to swim?
(a) Always on Sundays.
(b) Whenever the clouds roll in.
(c) When Hanna gets a holiday from school.
(d) Before daylight on Saturdays.
4. Who is Hanna's girlfriend?
(a) An American girl whose father is working as an architect in Hanna's town.
(b) An orphan who attends Hanna's school.
(c) The mayor's daughter.
(d) The daughter of the local midwife.
5. What does Siegfried dream one day?
(a) He is flying alongside an airplane.
(b) He is imprisoned by some brigands.
(c) He is hung for a crime he did not commit.
(d) He is killed in a meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Hanna's mother hear about her paintings from people?
2. What reassurance does the mother receive?
3. Who taught Hanna how to swim?
4. With whom does Klara become lovers near the end of the war?
5. Who is Trudi's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Trudi call Hanna's father's actions concerning his marriage and what does Hanna think about that?
2. Who is Klara Blocker?
3. What is rumored about the child of the local midwife?
4. How does Hanna's mother get Hanna involved in swimming?
5. Who is Siegfried Tegern and what does he dream?
6. Describe Klara's romance with an American soldier.
7. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
8. What does Hanna learn from Trudi about her father?
9. What is the problem with the narrator's mother in White Lilacs and what does she do?
10. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after he receives a regular visitor and what does she say to Matthias about her observation?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)