Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this new friend of Hanna's live next to?
(a) Next to the train station.
(b) Across the street from the school.
(c) Next door to Hanna's cousin.
(d) Hanna's mother's art studio.
2. What does Hanna think her mother and father do for each other?
(a) Hanna has no idea.
(b) Keep each other from becoming bored.
(c) Balance each other.
(d) Show each other different ways of seeing.
3. About what does Siegfried start feeling better?
(a) The prospect of marriage.
(b) His dream.
(c) The tenuous nature of life.
(d) His last job which is almost complete.
4. Who had Klara and her mother befriended near the end of the war?
(a) A blinded German soldier.
(b) A British soldier.
(c) An American soldier.
(d) An Australian soldier.
5. Who does the mother intend to help with her giving birth?
(a) No one.
(b) Her sister.
(d) A midwife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the mother go after leaving the convent?
2. What month of pregnancy is the narrator's mother entering?
3. What does Hanna's mother give Hanna's father?
4. In what does Trudi engage regularly?
5. What is different about this dream than his usual ones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the effect of the painter's actions on Anton and what do the townspeople say about it?
2. How is Oma healed of the second blood clot?
3. Who is Anton Immers?
4. What is Anton Immers' hobby?
5. Describe Klara's romance with an American soldier.
6. Where does Hanna find Rolf, what do they do there and upon what do they agree?
7. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after he receives a regular visitor and what does she say to Matthias about her observation?
8. How does Hanna describe Hannelore's personality?
9. What do the townspeople thing about Hanna's mother and how do they respond to her paintings?
10. Who does Hanna befriend?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)