|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klara vow to do?
(a) Go to Scotland and find the father of her baby.
(b) Destroy her son's father's picture.
(c) Give her son up for adoption.
(d) Let her sister and husband raise her son since they have no children.
2. Who taught Hanna how to swim?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her older brother.
(d) Her mother.
3. Where does the mother go after leaving the convent?
(a) Her parent's home.
(b) The local midwife.
(c) She wanders the streets.
(d) Her own home.
4. When do Hanna and her mother go off to swim?
(a) Always on Sundays.
(b) Whenever the clouds roll in.
(c) Before daylight on Saturdays.
(d) When Hanna gets a holiday from school.
5. What do people in the town think of Hanna's mother?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is gracious.
(c) She is odd.
(d) She is neglectful of her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Siegfried die?
2. Where does Siegfried die?
3. What does Hanna's mother give Hanna's father?
4. Who does Trudi meet at the river one day?
5. What does Siegfried dream one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hanna's mother get Hanna involved in swimming?
2. Who is Siegfried Tegern and what does he dream?
3. Describe the narrator of these stories.
4. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after he receives a regular visitor and what does she say to Matthias about her observation?
5. Why does Oma go back to the hospital one day?
6. What does Matthias do about Hanna's suggestion about the man who visits him?
7. Who is Klara Blocker?
8. What does Hanna learn from Trudi about her father?
9. What do the townspeople thing about Hanna's mother and how do they respond to her paintings?
10. When does Hanna's mother most like to swim?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)