|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trudi become?
(a) A party goer.
(b) A bitter, abused wife.
(c) A beloved teacher.
(d) An old maid and librarian.
2. What is said is the result of what Trudi's mother did?
(a) Trudi is a drawf.
(b) Trudi is almost blind.
(c) Trudi is now too fat.
(d) Trudi is smarter than all the other children.
3. What reassurance does the mother receive?
(a) The baby is resting for the birth.
(b) Her husband will return that day.
(c) The midwife will return from the midwife's daughter's home soon.
(d) The doctor will come to her home when she is ready to give birth.
4. Who is Trudi's father?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The constable.
(d) The local pay librarian.
5. Why does the mother become enraged?
(a) Her husband says the death is for the best.
(b) The nuns say it is God's will.
(c) The nuns refuse to help her once they know the baby is dead.
(d) Her baby had remained in utero too long and the nuns did nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people in the town think of Hanna's mother?
2. What happens when the mother goes into labor?
3. With whom does Klara become lovers near the end of the war?
4. Upon what does Hanna's father insist?
5. What does Siegfried dream one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Matthias Berger.
2. What happens when Hanna's baby brother is born?
3. What is the problem with the narrator's mother in White Lilacs and what does she do?
4. What does Trudi call Hanna's father's actions concerning his marriage and what does Hanna think about that?
5. What does Siegfried do as a result of the dream and why does he do so?
6. What happens to Hanna's paternal grandmother and how does she cope?
7. Who is Klara Blocker?
8. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
9. How does Hanna's father end up marrying a different woman than the one to whom he is first engaged?
10. How is Oma healed of the second blood clot?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)