|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Klara become lovers near the end of the war?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) An American soldier.
(c) A Scottish officer.
(d) An Australian soldier.
2. What does Hanna learn from Trudi?
(a) That Hanna's father was previously engaged before marrying Hanna's mother.
(b) That Trudi's mother lives in the United States.
(c) That Trudi's father is going to retire.
(d) That Hanna's mother is not actually who she thinks she is.
3. How does Hanna's father meet Hanna's mother?
(a) She came to have her teeth worked on.
(b) She was once Hanna's teacher.
(c) She shares a train compartment with him on a trip.
(d) Her best friend's brother is a good friend of Hanna's father.
4. Who does Trudi meet at the river one day?
(a) A man.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A young girl.
5. Why does Oma ask to go to the hospital?
(a) She thinks she has pneumonia.
(b) She wants to visit her sister who is ill.
(c) She feels the same symptoms in her other leg that she did in the missing one.
(d) She wants to visit her best friend who is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Renate suffer as a child?
2. What does Klara vow to do?
3. Who taught school in a nearby town according to Trudi?
4. What does Hanna notice Matthias stops doing?
5. What does Hanna's paternal grandmother have only one leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the townspeople thing about Hanna's mother and how do they respond to her paintings?
2. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after he receives a regular visitor and what does she say to Matthias about her observation?
3. Describe the narrator of these stories.
4. What does Matthias do about Hanna's suggestion about the man who visits him?
5. What happens to Hanna's paternal grandmother and how does she cope?
6. What does Trudi call Hanna's father's actions concerning his marriage and what does Hanna think about that?
7. How is Oma healed of the second blood clot?
8. What do the townspeople say is the source of Trudi's dwarfism?
9. What is wrong with Renate's leg and why and how does Hanna try to fix it?
10. How does Hanna's mother get Hanna involved in swimming?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)