|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Oma helped?
(a) By special herbs and vitamin supplements.
(b) By massage and working the darkness and pain out of Oma's body.
(c) By special teas.
(d) Her other leg is amputated.
2. How does Hanna's paternal grandmother often get around in the house?
(a) A chair to which her husband attached wheels.
(b) Holding on to a chair she drags across the floor.
(c) An electric scooter.
(d) A wheelchair donate to her by a medical charity group.
3. What does Hanna's father do in response to the doctor's request?
(a) Moves his family.
(b) Gently pulls the baby out of his wife's arms.
(c) Walks Hanna to school everyday.
(d) Wraps his arms around his wife.
4. Where does Siegfried die?
(a) In the upper floor of the library.
(b) In the meadow he had found.
(c) In the city park.
(d) On his way to the United States.
5. How did people react to Hanna's mother's paintings?
(a) They were confused.
(b) They were awed.
(c) They were critical.
(d) They were repulsed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of Oma's illness?
2. Where does this new friend of Hanna's live next to?
3. What favor did the visitor ask?
4. For what is Siegfried searching?
5. What does Hanna's father continually remind Hanna's mother not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Siegfried ultimately die?
2. Who does Hanna befriend?
3. What does Trudi call Hanna's father's actions concerning his marriage and what does Hanna think about that?
4. What does the narrator's mother learn when she returns to the convent after starting labor?
5. What is rumored about the child of the local midwife?
6. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
7. Describe Trudi Montag.
8. Describe Klara's romance with an American soldier.
9. What do many people believe is the cause of Trudi becoming an old maid?
10. Describe Matthias Berger.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)