|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Siegfried searching?
(a) The meadow where he is killed in the dream.
(b) If dreams can be prophetic.
(c) Peace from his fears.
(d) A wife.
2. What do the doctors ask Hanna's father?
(a) To take the baby from his wife.
(b) To make Hanna go to school.
(c) To make sure his wife does not harm their new son.
(d) To commit Hanna's mother to the hospital for therapy.
3. Who is Klara Blocker?
(a) Hanna's father's sister.
(b) The maid to Hanna's family.
(c) The neighbor and Hanna's mother's best friend.
(d) Hanna's best friend.
4. How does Siegfried die?
(a) An airplane crash.
(b) His dogs kill him.
(c) He stumbles while drunk and falls over the banister and is hung.
(d) He is killed by a punk wanting money.
5. What month of pregnancy is the narrator's mother entering?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors at the hospital attempt to do?
2. With whom does Klara become lovers near the end of the war?
3. What does Hanna think her mother and father do for each other?
4. Who is Trudi's father?
5. What reassurance does the mother receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Oma healed of the second blood clot?
2. Who does Hanna befriend?
3. What do the townspeople say is the source of Trudi's dwarfism?
4. Who is Siegfried Tegern and what does he dream?
5. What does Trudi call Hanna's father's actions concerning his marriage and what does Hanna think about that?
6. What does Siegfried do as a result of the dream and why does he do so?
7. Describe Trudi Montag.
8. What is Hanna's mother told by the nuns when she goes to the convent, and what is the mother's response?
9. Describe the narrator of these stories.
10. How does Siegfried ultimately die?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)