|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Klara watching when she remembers the end of the war?
(a) The potato delivery.
(b) Her children playing in the yard.
(c) A movie on television.
(d) Her mother knitting.
2. What happens to the solider?
(a) He marries Klara but is then killed.
(b) He is killed when Klara is three months pregant.
(c) He is supposedly reassigned.
(d) He is refused permssion to marry Klara.
3. What does Trudi say about Hanna's father?
(a) That he is not native to Italy.
(b) That he is often seen at the home of a young secretary.
(c) That he almost married a woman who was closer to his age.
(d) That he is often seen at the home of a wealthy widow.
4. Why doesn't Trudi do what she almost started to do at the river?
(a) Her father arrives and stops her.
(b) Her neighbor stops her.
(c) She doesn't want to put the worm on the hook.
(d) The water is too cold.
5. Who is Matthias?
(a) Hanna's father's dentist partner.
(b) The priest where Trudi goes to church.
(c) The man Hanna befriends.
(d) Trudi's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanna's mother refuse to do?
2. Who is Klara Blocker?
3. Who came to ask a favor of Hanna's mother?
4. What do the doctors ask Hanna's father?
5. Where does the baby die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hanna's baby brother is born?
2. Describe Trudi Montag.
3. What does Matthias do about Hanna's suggestion about the man who visits him?
4. What is the problem with the narrator's mother in White Lilacs and what does she do?
5. What happens to Hanna's paternal grandmother and how does she cope?
6. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after he receives a regular visitor and what does she say to Matthias about her observation?
7. Why does Oma go back to the hospital one day?
8. Describe Matthias Berger.
9. Describe Klara's romance with an American soldier.
10. How is Trudi treated as a child?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)