|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Hanna's father insist?
(a) The bully that was bothering Hanna be controlled.
(b) That his wife be treated at home rather than in an asylum.
(c) That his new home be repainted.
(d) His wife be able to hold the baby for as long as she wants.
2. What is different about this dream than his usual ones?
(a) It is vivid and recurs.
(b) It has no dream quality to it.
(c) He is not in the dream; just a narrator.
(d) He is able to change it consciously while still sleeping.
3. Who taught school in a nearby town according to Trudi?
(a) The woman Hanna's father almost married.
(b) Trudi's aunt.
(c) Trudi's mother.
(d) Trudi's father's lover.
4. How does Siegfried die?
(a) He is killed by a punk wanting money.
(b) His dogs kill him.
(c) He stumbles while drunk and falls over the banister and is hung.
(d) An airplane crash.
5. When does Hanna's mother like to swim?
(a) When the water is very chilly.
(b) When no one else is around.
(c) When there is a thunderstorm.
(d) When the water is warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Siegfried searching?
2. What does Hanna learn from Trudi?
3. About what does Siegfried start feeling better?
4. Where does Trudi's mother die?
5. What do the doctors ask Hanna's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Trudi Montag.
2. What does Hanna learn from Trudi about her father?
3. Describe Hanna's father.
4. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
5. What does Trudi call Hanna's father's actions concerning his marriage and what does Hanna think about that?
6. What does Matthias tell Hanna about his life as a priest in training?
7. What is wrong with Renate's leg and why and how does Hanna try to fix it?
8. What does Matthias do about Hanna's suggestion about the man who visits him?
9. What is the problem with the narrator's mother in White Lilacs and what does she do?
10. How does Siegfried ultimately die?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)