|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna's father continually remind Hanna's mother not to do?
(a) Gallop her horse so fast.
(b) Talk to the beggers on the corners.
(c) Be reckless.
(d) Crunch ice with her teeth.
2. Who does Hanna befriend?
(a) A new girl at school.
(b) A new man in her apartment building.
(c) A new boy at school.
(d) Her cousin's good friend.
3. What does Hanna's mother give Hanna's father?
(a) A headache.
(b) A reason to not work so hard.
(c) Happiness and excitement.
(d) A reason to work hard.
4. What does Hanna notice Matthias stops doing?
(a) Sitting on the front stoop and talking to her.
(b) Giving her candy.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Inviting the man over.
5. Where does Siegfried live?
(a) Near the river.
(b) Near the center of town over the library.
(c) Near the grain mill.
(d) Up on a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Siegfried die?
2. What does Trudi become?
3. Where does the narrator's mother go?
4. How does Hanna's paternal grandmother often get around in the house?
5. What does Siegfried do as a result of the dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Trudi treated as a child?
2. What do the townspeople say is the source of Trudi's dwarfism?
3. What happens to Hanna's paternal grandmother and how does she cope?
4. How does Hanna's father end up marrying a different woman than the one to whom he is first engaged?
5. Describe Trudi Montag.
6. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
7. What does Matthias tell Hanna about his life as a priest in training?
8. What is rumored about the child of the local midwife?
9. How does Hanna's mother get Hanna involved in swimming?
10. What is Hanna's mother told by the nuns when she goes to the convent, and what is the mother's response?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)