|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna notice Matthias stops doing?
(a) Giving her candy.
(b) Inviting the man over.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Sitting on the front stoop and talking to her.
2. Where does Trudi's mother die?
(a) In a distant hospital.
(b) At home locked up in the attic.
(c) In the lake where she threw herself.
(d) In the local nursing home.
3. What does the mother ask about the baby?
(a) If the baby is ready to come out.
(b) If the baby is too premature.
(c) If she should be concerned.
(d) If it is going to be a girl.
4. What is said Trudi's mother did to Trudi as a child?
(a) Left her in a dark room all the time.
(b) Starved her.
(c) Tried to make her learn to read too soon.
(d) Dropped her on her head.
5. What does Klara tell her lover one day?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is engaged to an old family friend.
(c) She wants to go with him to Australia.
(d) Her husband is coming home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanna's mother refuse to do?
2. What happens to the solider?
3. What does Hanna often do with a flower she steals here and there?
4. What reassurance does the mother receive?
5. What does Klara vow to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do many people believe is the cause of Trudi becoming an old maid?
2. Describe Hanna's father.
3. What does Matthias do about Hanna's suggestion about the man who visits him?
4. Describe Trudi Montag.
5. Who is Klara Blocker?
6. Describe Klara's romance with an American soldier.
7. What is the problem with the narrator's mother in White Lilacs and what does she do?
8. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
9. What does Matthias tell Hanna about his life as a priest in training?
10. What is wrong with Renate's leg and why and how does Hanna try to fix it?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)