|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trudi say is reckless?
(a) Hanna's father falling for Hanna's mother based upon a painting.
(b) Hanna's father falling for Hanna's mother based upon a laugh.
(c) Hanna's father falling for Hanna's mother based upon eye color.
(d) Hanna's father falling for Hanna's mother based upon hair color.
2. Upon what does Hanna's father insist?
(a) His wife be able to hold the baby for as long as she wants.
(b) That his wife be treated at home rather than in an asylum.
(c) That his new home be repainted.
(d) The bully that was bothering Hanna be controlled.
3. Where does Trudi's mother die?
(a) In the local nursing home.
(b) At home locked up in the attic.
(c) In the lake where she threw herself.
(d) In a distant hospital.
4. Who does the mother intend to help with her giving birth?
(b) No one.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A midwife.
5. When do Hanna and her mother go off to swim?
(a) When Hanna gets a holiday from school.
(b) Always on Sundays.
(c) Whenever the clouds roll in.
(d) Before daylight on Saturdays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanna's mother not show people for a long time?
2. What do the doctors ask Hanna's father?
3. What does Siegfried dream one day?
4. What do the doctors at the hospital attempt to do?
5. What does Hanna's father do with Oma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the townspeople say is the source of Trudi's dwarfism?
2. What does Siegfried do as a result of the dream and why does he do so?
3. What does Matthias do about Hanna's suggestion about the man who visits him?
4. When does Hanna's mother most like to swim?
5. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
6. What does Matthias tell Hanna about his life as a priest in training?
7. What do many people believe is the cause of Trudi becoming an old maid?
8. Describe the narrator of these stories.
9. How does Siegfried ultimately die?
10. What is wrong with Renate's leg and why and how does Hanna try to fix it?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)