|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna's mother give Hanna's father?
(a) A reason to not work so hard.
(b) A reason to work hard.
(c) A headache.
(d) Happiness and excitement.
2. What does Hanna's father do with Oma?
(a) Take her to her favorite beach.
(b) Take her to stay with Oma's sister to care for the sister.
(c) Take her home to die.
(d) Take her to a specialist.
3. In what does Trudi engage regularly?
(a) Writing funny stories.
(d) Brisk walking.
4. How does Hanna's paternal grandmother often get around in the house?
(a) Holding on to a chair she drags across the floor.
(b) A chair to which her husband attached wheels.
(c) A wheelchair donate to her by a medical charity group.
(d) An electric scooter.
5. Why does Matthias not pursue the course of training he had started?
(a) He discovered he like dentistry better.
(b) He became ill.
(c) He realized he did not have the mathematical aptitude.
(d) It did not suit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Klara become lovers near the end of the war?
2. What does the mother trust over the next three days?
3. Who does the mother intend to help with her giving birth?
4. What is Klara watching when she remembers the end of the war?
5. How does Hanna's mother decide to help Oma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Trudi Montag.
2. How did Trudi's mother dropping her supposedly affect her?
3. Why does Oma go back to the hospital one day?
4. Describe Hanna's father.
5. What do many people believe is the cause of Trudi becoming an old maid?
6. Who does Hanna befriend?
7. How is Trudi treated as a child?
8. When does Hanna's mother most like to swim?
9. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after he receives a regular visitor and what does she say to Matthias about her observation?
10. What does the narrator's mother learn when she returns to the convent after starting labor?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)