|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pastor forced into this action?
(a) The man's mother was ill and needed medical care.
(b) The pastor was worried his sister would get hurt.
(c) The man stole some things from the church school.
(d) Due to his inappropriate relationship with Hannelore.
2. What happens to Karin?
(a) She seems unharmed by the event.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She becomes pregnant.
(d) She is leery of men after that.
3. What does Hanna decide to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Go to boarding school.
(c) Live with her grandparents.
(d) Live with her aunt.
4. Who does Immers criticize continually one day?
(a) A painter who is working on Immers' home.
(b) A dog trainer Immers hired.
(c) A cat groomer Immers hired.
(d) A veterinarian.
5. Of what does Hanna's father assure Hanna?
(a) Hanna's mother is in a better place.
(b) He will never forget her mother.
(c) He will always love Hanna.
(d) He will remember to always consult Hanna about their life.
6. What does Manfred's father know he will do?
(a) Thrown Manfred out the window.
(b) Shoot his wife.
(c) Shoot himself.
(d) Offer to remove the noose.
7. What does Hanna decide to do where she goes?
(a) Grab a barge chain and ride down the river.
(b) Look up books on death.
(c) Look to see where the murderer slept.
(d) Chip out a statue of her mother's face.
8. Why is a search organized in the town?
(a) A farmer's prize cow has wandered off.
(b) A stranger has grabbed a child.
(c) Rolf does not come home that night.
(d) A toddler wandered off into the woods.
9. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her erect posture.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her eyes.
10. Who hallucinates of poison falling from the sky?
(b) Trudi's neighbor.
(c) The man in the apartment above Hanna's family.
(d) Hanna's mother.
11. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
(b) Talking to the librarian about a book she's read.
(c) Playing with her dog.
(d) Reading to children.
12. Whose arrival in town one day affects Hannelore's life?
(a) A new teacher.
(b) A injured soldier.
(c) A politician.
(d) A doctor.
13. Why does Manfred's father hang Manfred out the window?
(a) To make his wife be quiet.
(b) To force the police to leave his home.
(c) To force Manfred's mother to give him the grocery money.
(d) Playing with Manfred.
14. What do other people take for granted concerning Hannelore?
(a) Her presence.
(b) Using her as a babysitter.
(c) Her approachability.
(d) Her willingness to help them.
15. What is found recently by the police?
(a) Some bones.
(b) A bloody knife.
(c) The gun which is the murder weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people say about what Immers does after the incident?
2. What does Hannelore do as a result of her brother's action?
3. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
4. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
5. How does the person being criticized respond?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)