|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Immers criticize continually one day?
(a) A dog trainer Immers hired.
(b) A veterinarian.
(c) A cat groomer Immers hired.
(d) A painter who is working on Immers' home.
2. What does Manfred's father know he will do?
(a) Shoot himself.
(b) Shoot his wife.
(c) Offer to remove the noose.
(d) Thrown Manfred out the window.
3. What does Immers take care of all the time?
(a) His violets.
(b) His roses.
(c) His dogs.
(d) His cats.
4. What is Manfred's father too afraid to do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill his son.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Kill his wife.
5. Where did Hans-Jurgen recently live?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In Germany.
(c) At an insane asylum.
(d) At a veteran's nursing home
6. What creates a whirlpool?
(a) The barges' engines.
(c) A mini-tornado.
(d) A fresh water spring.
7. Whose arrival in town one day affects Hannelore's life?
(a) A new teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A politician.
(d) A injured soldier.
8. Why does Manfred's father hang Manfred out the window?
(a) To force the police to leave his home.
(b) Playing with Manfred.
(c) To force Manfred's mother to give him the grocery money.
(d) To make his wife be quiet.
9. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
(a) In the library.
(b) Near the river.
(c) At the old quarry.
(d) In a hayloft.
10. Why is Rolf deeply upset?
(a) He wishes his grandparents were living with them.
(b) He hates it when Hanna won't talk to him.
(c) He wishes his mother did not have to work so hard.
(d) He has never heard the truth about his father.
11. What does Veronika think she is doing by her actions?
(a) Helping the students become outstanding.
(b) Keeping Hanna from becoming a spoiled brat.
(c) Keeping Hanna from getting fat.
(d) Saving Hanna.
12. What happens to Karin?
(a) She dies in childbirth.
(b) She seems unharmed by the event.
(c) She is leery of men after that.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
13. Who hallucinates of poison falling from the sky?
(a) The man in the apartment above Hanna's family.
(b) Hanna's mother.
(d) Trudi's neighbor.
14. How does Manfred's mother respond to her husband?
(a) She calls the police again.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She refuses to speak to him.
15. What do they ask at the restaurant?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To order take out.
(c) To use the bathroom.
(d) To use the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manfred's mother react as his father dies?
2. What does Manfred's father keep begging of his wife?
3. What is the pastor forced to do concerning the new man in town?
4. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
5. What does Hanna decide to do?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)