|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Hanna about six months after her mother dies?
(a) Her father wants to send her to live with her aunt.
(b) Her father sends her to stay with her grandparents for a while.
(c) Her father begins dating.
(d) Her father seems to not grieve her mother.
2. How does Hanna tear her skin?
(a) She slips on the floor in the archives room.
(b) The barge chain whips against her.
(c) She slips with the chisel.
(d) She slides down a water chute.
3. Of what does Hanna's father assure Hanna?
(a) He will never forget her mother.
(b) Hanna's mother is in a better place.
(c) He will always love Hanna.
(d) He will remember to always consult Hanna about their life.
4. What do people say about what Immers does after the incident?
(a) They can hardly believe he apologized.
(b) Immers' action was a bit extreme.
(c) The new house is much inferior to the old one.
(d) Perhaps someone decided he was of weaker stock.
5. Where was Hans-Jurgen staying?
(a) The abandoned flour mill.
(b) The closed ferry terminal.
(c) The library basement.
(d) The old cemetary.
6. How does Hanna think she might get to town one day when she is at the river?
(a) Swimming along the bank and taking breaks now and again.
(b) Riding in a friend's rowboat.
(c) Riding behind her older cousin's motorcycle.
(d) Being towed behind a barge.
7. How does Manfred's mother react as his father dies?
(a) She tries to save him.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She screams.
(d) She is not there.
8. What career does the pastor's sister give up?
(c) Social worker.
9. What is Manfred's father too afraid to do?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Kill his wife.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill his son.
10. What does Rolf ask Hanna?
(a) Not to be friends with Hans Becker.
(b) Not to talk to his mother when she is trying to work.
(c) If she will give him one of her new puppies.
(d) Not to play anymore jokes on his mother.
11. Where do Hanna and Renate go many times?
(a) The abandoned flour mill.
(b) The closed ferry landing.
(c) The old quarry.
(d) The lake.
12. Who is Hans-Jurgen Braunmeier?
(a) The bank manager.
(b) The man everyone thinks shot the victim(s).
(c) The investigating officer.
(d) The father of the teen shot.
13. Who is Klara Brocker?
(a) Hanna's aunt.
(b) Trudi's family's maid.
(c) Hanna's family's maid.
(d) Manfred's mother.
14. Who is Veronika?
(a) Trudi's housekeeper.
(b) Hanna's mother's friend.
(c) Hanna's nanny.
(d) The new school teacher.
15. What does Manfred's father keep begging of his wife?
(a) To divorce him.
(b) To tell him if she has anymore money.
(c) To speak to him.
(d) To take the children to her mother's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
2. Why does Manfred's father hang Manfred out the window?
3. What does Hanna do when she gets angry at Rolf?
4. Who molests Karin?
5. Where does Immers live?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)