|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Hanna about six months after her mother dies?
(a) Her father begins dating.
(b) Her father sends her to stay with her grandparents for a while.
(c) Her father wants to send her to live with her aunt.
(d) Her father seems to not grieve her mother.
2. How old is Hanna when her mother dies?
3. What do people say about what Immers does after the incident?
(a) They can hardly believe he apologized.
(b) Immers' action was a bit extreme.
(c) Perhaps someone decided he was of weaker stock.
(d) The new house is much inferior to the old one.
4. Whose arrival in town one day affects Hannelore's life?
(a) A politician.
(b) A injured soldier.
(c) A new teacher.
(d) A doctor.
5. What does Hanna decide to do?
(a) Live with her aunt.
(b) Go to boarding school.
(c) Live with her grandparents.
(d) Run away.
6. What did Hans-Jurgen do that everyone knows about?
(b) Had an affair with the mayor's wife.
(c) Won a gold medal for swimming.
(d) Shot and killed his girlfriend and a young man.
7. Where do Hanna and Renate go many times?
(a) The lake.
(b) The closed ferry landing.
(c) The abandoned flour mill.
(d) The old quarry.
8. How does Manfred's father try to manipulate his wife?
(a) He puts a noose around his neck.
(b) He puts a gun to his head.
(c) He threatens divorce.
(d) He puts a gun to Manfred's head.
9. What does Hanna tell Rolf?
(a) She is glad Rolf is upset.
(b) She knows all about Rolf's American father.
(c) She is happy that he and Klar are getting along again.
(d) She is sad about the missing cow.
10. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
(b) Dressed up.
(c) Flushed from the sun.
(d) Dirty and dusty.
11. What does Rolf finally agree to do?
(a) Speak to his grandfather about his father.
(b) Apologize to Hanna's best friend.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go back to school.
12. What career does the pastor's sister give up?
(a) Social worker.
13. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her erect posture.
(c) Her lips.
(d) Her eyes.
14. How does Hanna tear her skin?
(a) She slides down a water chute.
(b) The barge chain whips against her.
(c) She slips on the floor in the archives room.
(d) She slips with the chisel.
15. What does Rolf ask Hanna?
(a) If she will give him one of her new puppies.
(b) Not to play anymore jokes on his mother.
(c) Not to be friends with Hans Becker.
(d) Not to talk to his mother when she is trying to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
2. What does Hanna scheme for a while after Karin gives birth?
3. Where are the victim(s) shot?
4. What is the pastor forced into this action?
5. Why is a search organized in the town?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)