|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
(a) Flushed from the sun.
(b) Dirty and dusty.
(d) Dressed up.
2. What does Rolf ask Hanna?
(a) Not to play anymore jokes on his mother.
(b) Not to talk to his mother when she is trying to work.
(c) If she will give him one of her new puppies.
(d) Not to be friends with Hans Becker.
3. How did Hanna and her mother once get to a fancy restaurant?
(b) Floating on the river.
(c) Riding bikes.
(d) Riding a trolley.
4. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
(a) She is blinded in an accident.
(b) She learns she is not patient with children.
(c) To get married.
(d) To care for her brother.
5. Who is Hans-Jurgen Braunmeier?
(a) The man everyone thinks shot the victim(s).
(b) The investigating officer.
(c) The bank manager.
(d) The father of the teen shot.
6. From what does Veronika think she is invulnerable?
(a) The poison.
(b) The principal's ire.
(c) Hanna's mother's censure.
(d) The students' rebelling.
7. How does Manfred's father try to manipulate his wife?
(a) He puts a gun to his head.
(b) He threatens divorce.
(c) He puts a gun to Manfred's head.
(d) He puts a noose around his neck.
8. What is Manfred's father too afraid to do?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Kill his son.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Stop drinking.
9. Who is Klara Brocker?
(a) Hanna's aunt.
(b) Trudi's family's maid.
(c) Manfred's mother.
(d) Hanna's family's maid.
10. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
(a) In Hanna's house in an apartment in the back.
(b) In a large house on the outskirts of town.
(c) In a large house on Main Street.
(d) In a tiny apartment over the bakery.
11. How does Manfred's mother react as his father dies?
(a) She is not there.
(b) She tries to save him.
(c) She screams.
(d) She is silent.
12. What does the man do after the pastor took this action?
(a) Hires a lawyer.
(b) Brings his mother to live with him.
(c) Proposes to Hannelore.
(d) Leaves town.
13. About what does Hanna think when she gets back to shore?
(a) Her mother's paintings.
(b) Her dead infant brother.
(c) Her mother and her swimming together.
(d) Her mother's picture she has on her dresser.
14. Who hallucinates of poison falling from the sky?
(a) The man in the apartment above Hanna's family.
(b) Hanna's mother.
(c) Trudi's neighbor.
15. Who is Karin Baum?
(a) Hanna's friend.
(b) A new girl in town.
(c) Trudi's cousin.
(d) Hanna's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Immers live?
2. What does Hanna decide to do?
3. What does Hanna do when she gets angry at Rolf?
4. When does he notice this about Hannelore?
5. What did Hans-Jurgen do that everyone knows about?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)