|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the victim(s) shot?
(a) In a bank that was being robbed.
(b) In their car.
(c) At school.
(d) In the park.
2. What is found recently by the police?
(a) The gun which is the murder weapon.
(c) Some bones.
(d) A bloody knife.
3. What does Hanna tell Rolf?
(a) She is happy that he and Klar are getting along again.
(b) She is glad Rolf is upset.
(c) She knows all about Rolf's American father.
(d) She is sad about the missing cow.
4. What does Hanna do one day when she wants away from her father's new girlfriend?
(a) Goes to the old quarry to swim.
(b) Goes to the library.
(c) Goes to the river to swim.
(d) Goes to the vacant grist mill.
5. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her erect posture.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hands.
6. When does he notice this about Hannelore?
(a) At choir practice.
(b) At a party at Hanna's home.
(c) At a dinner at the rectory.
(d) At a church social at the river.
7. Who hallucinates of poison falling from the sky?
(b) The man in the apartment above Hanna's family.
(c) Hanna's mother.
(d) Trudi's neighbor.
8. How does Hanna tear her skin?
(a) She slips on the floor in the archives room.
(b) The barge chain whips against her.
(c) She slides down a water chute.
(d) She slips with the chisel.
9. What is it about Hanna's mother's personality that causes her death?
(a) Her recklessness.
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her inattention.
(d) Her carelessness.
10. Who does Immers criticize continually one day?
(a) A cat groomer Immers hired.
(b) A painter who is working on Immers' home.
(c) A dog trainer Immers hired.
(d) A veterinarian.
11. What precipitates Manfred's father's death?
(a) The cops are banging on the door.
(b) His son trips and pushes him out the window.
(c) The chair slips.
(d) His wife pushes him.
12. What is the pastor forced into this action?
(a) The man's mother was ill and needed medical care.
(b) The pastor was worried his sister would get hurt.
(c) Due to his inappropriate relationship with Hannelore.
(d) The man stole some things from the church school.
13. With whom does Immers live?
(a) No one.
(b) His disabled daughter.
(c) The other folks at the home.
(d) His son and daughter-in-law.
14. From what does Veronika think she is invulnerable?
(a) The poison.
(b) Hanna's mother's censure.
(c) The students' rebelling.
(d) The principal's ire.
15. Who is Veronika?
(a) Hanna's mother's friend.
(b) The new school teacher.
(c) Hanna's nanny.
(d) Trudi's housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who molests Karin?
2. Who is Karin Baum?
3. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
4. How old is Hanna when her mother dies?
5. What was Anton Immers' occupation?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)