|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hanna ignore what Rolf asks of her?
(a) She gives all the puppies away.
(b) She talks with his mother, following her throughout the house.
(c) She invites Hans to a party.
(d) She plays another joke on his mother.
2. Where are the victim(s) shot?
(a) In their car.
(b) At school.
(c) In the park.
(d) In a bank that was being robbed.
3. What happened on New Year's Eve, 1952?
(a) Manfred's father hanged himself.
(b) Manfred's brother died in an accident.
(c) Manfred's father left his family and was never heard from again.
(d) Manfred's mother killed herself with drugs.
4. When does he notice this about Hannelore?
(a) At choir practice.
(b) At a church social at the river.
(c) At a dinner at the rectory.
(d) At a party at Hanna's home.
5. What causes Manfred's father to become violent?
(a) His boss.
(c) Nothing; he was a gentle man.
6. Who hallucinates of poison falling from the sky?
(a) Trudi's neighbor.
(c) The man in the apartment above Hanna's family.
(d) Hanna's mother.
7. Who is Hans-Jurgen Braunmeier?
(a) The bank manager.
(b) The father of the teen shot.
(c) The investigating officer.
(d) The man everyone thinks shot the victim(s).
8. What does Hanna do when she gets angry at Rolf?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Tells his mother about his behavior.
(c) Tells him that his father did not want him.
(d) Refuses to speak to him for days.
9. Who is Klara Brocker?
(a) Manfred's mother.
(b) Trudi's family's maid.
(c) Hanna's aunt.
(d) Hanna's family's maid.
10. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
(a) In a large house on the outskirts of town.
(b) In Hanna's house in an apartment in the back.
(c) In a tiny apartment over the bakery.
(d) In a large house on Main Street.
11. What upsets Hanna about six months after her mother dies?
(a) Her father seems to not grieve her mother.
(b) Her father wants to send her to live with her aunt.
(c) Her father begins dating.
(d) Her father sends her to stay with her grandparents for a while.
12. What does Immers take care of all the time?
(a) His cats.
(b) His dogs.
(c) His violets.
(d) His roses.
13. What shocks Hanna about Veronika's actions?
(a) Veronika eats all the waffles.
(b) Veronika eats all the pastries in one bite.
(c) Veronika slaps Hanna on the backside to punish her.
(d) Veronika gives the students too much homework.
14. Whose arrival in town one day affects Hannelore's life?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A injured soldier.
(c) A new teacher.
(d) A politician.
15. Who molests Karin?
(a) No one.
(b) Hanna's grandfather.
(c) The principal at the school.
(d) Karin's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manfred's father too afraid to do?
2. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
3. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
4. What is found recently by the police?
5. With whom does Immers live?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)