|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her erect posture.
2. What do they ask at the restaurant?
(a) To use the bathroom.
(b) To order take out.
(c) To have tea.
(d) To use the phone.
3. Where was Hans-Jurgen staying?
(a) The library basement.
(b) The abandoned flour mill.
(c) The closed ferry terminal.
(d) The old cemetary.
4. Where does Immers spend most of his time?
(a) Various places.
(b) In the library.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the park.
5. What creates a whirlpool?
(a) The barges' engines.
(b) A mini-tornado.
(d) A fresh water spring.
6. What does Immers try to give more space in which to grow?
(a) The puppies his one female dog has.
(b) The new parakeet babies.
(c) The stronger violets.
(d) The stronger roses.
7. How old is Hanna when her mother dies?
8. What precipitates Manfred's father's death?
(a) The cops are banging on the door.
(b) His son trips and pushes him out the window.
(c) The chair slips.
(d) His wife pushes him.
9. What happened on New Year's Eve, 1952?
(a) Manfred's father left his family and was never heard from again.
(b) Manfred's father hanged himself.
(c) Manfred's mother killed herself with drugs.
(d) Manfred's brother died in an accident.
10. In what condition were Hanna and her mother when they went into the restaurant?
(a) Dirty and dusty.
(c) Dressed up.
(d) Flushed from the sun.
11. How did Hanna's mother fit into the small town?
(a) Not at all; no one ever spoke to her.
(b) As if she had been born there.
(c) Not well.
(d) She had a few really good friends.
12. Where did Hans-Jurgen recently live?
(a) In Paris.
(b) At an insane asylum.
(c) In Germany.
(d) At a veteran's nursing home
13. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
(a) Near the river.
(b) In a hayloft.
(c) At the old quarry.
(d) In the library.
14. What do other people take for granted concerning Hannelore?
(a) Her willingness to help them.
(b) Her presence.
(c) Using her as a babysitter.
(d) Her approachability.
15. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
(a) Get him some paper and a pencil.
(b) Ask his mother to come talk with him.
(c) Get him some breakfast.
(d) Learn more about his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Immers do a few months after the incident?
2. What is Hanna's father's new girlfriend like?
3. Who hallucinates of poison falling from the sky?
4. What did Hans-Jurgen do that everyone knows about?
5. Who does Immers criticize continually one day?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)