|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hanna upset?
(a) Her father wants Hanna to be friends with the woman's daughter.
(b) Her father pays little attention to Hanna.
(c) Her father marries the woman he has been dating.
(d) She loses her mother's bracelet.
2. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
(a) At the old quarry.
(b) Near the river.
(c) In the library.
(d) In a hayloft.
3. What does the man do after the pastor took this action?
(a) Hires a lawyer.
(b) Proposes to Hannelore.
(c) Leaves town.
(d) Brings his mother to live with him.
4. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
(a) She learns she is not patient with children.
(b) To get married.
(c) To care for her brother.
(d) She is blinded in an accident.
5. What happens to Karin?
(a) She dies in childbirth.
(b) She seems unharmed by the event.
(c) She becomes pregnant.
(d) She is leery of men after that.
6. How does Manfred's mother react as his father dies?
(a) She is not there.
(b) She screams.
(c) She tries to save him.
(d) She is silent.
7. What does Immers do a few months after the incident?
(b) Finally apologizes.
(c) Moves away.
(d) Moves into a new house.
8. What is found recently by the police?
(a) Some bones.
(b) A bloody knife.
(d) The gun which is the murder weapon.
9. What career does the pastor's sister give up?
(d) Social worker.
10. What does Hanna do one day when she wants away from her father's new girlfriend?
(a) Goes to the library.
(b) Goes to the river to swim.
(c) Goes to the vacant grist mill.
(d) Goes to the old quarry to swim.
11. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
(a) Her erect posture.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hands.
12. Who molests Karin?
(a) Karin's grandfather.
(b) The principal at the school.
(c) Hanna's grandfather.
(d) No one.
13. Where does Immers spend most of his time?
(a) Various places.
(b) In the library.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the park.
14. What upsets Hanna about six months after her mother dies?
(a) Her father seems to not grieve her mother.
(b) Her father sends her to stay with her grandparents for a while.
(c) Her father wants to send her to live with her aunt.
(d) Her father begins dating.
15. How is Hannelore Beier described?
(d) Quiet and unobtrusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Hanna's mother's personality that causes her death?
2. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
3. Why does Rolf confront Hanna?
4. What happened on New Year's Eve, 1952?
5. Who was shot in town?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)