|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rolf confront Hanna?
(a) About the joke Hanna played on his mother.
(b) About what Hanna said to some classmates about Rolf.
(c) He does not confront Hanna.
(d) About Hanna inviting Hans who has a bad reputation.
2. What does Immers have a habit of doing concerning his pastime?
(a) Trying to teach his cats to do things on command.
(b) Trying to breed new colors of roses.
(c) Brushing his dogs constantly.
(d) Weeding out the violets he considered as weaker stock.
3. What do Hanna and Renate decide to do?
(a) Skip school without permission.
(b) Ask permission to skip school one day.
(c) Go swimming in a storm.
(d) Try to find Hans-Jurgen.
4. How does Hanna think she might get to town one day when she is at the river?
(a) Swimming along the bank and taking breaks now and again.
(b) Riding behind her older cousin's motorcycle.
(c) Being towed behind a barge.
(d) Riding in a friend's rowboat.
5. What upsets Hanna about six months after her mother dies?
(a) Her father seems to not grieve her mother.
(b) Her father wants to send her to live with her aunt.
(c) Her father begins dating.
(d) Her father sends her to stay with her grandparents for a while.
6. How does Hanna ignore what Rolf asks of her?
(a) She talks with his mother, following her throughout the house.
(b) She plays another joke on his mother.
(c) She invites Hans to a party.
(d) She gives all the puppies away.
7. What did Hans-Jurgen do that everyone knows about?
(b) Shot and killed his girlfriend and a young man.
(c) Had an affair with the mayor's wife.
(d) Won a gold medal for swimming.
8. Who is Karin Baum?
(a) Trudi's cousin.
(b) Hanna's friend.
(c) Hanna's cousin.
(d) A new girl in town.
9. What does Immers take care of all the time?
(a) His cats.
(b) His violets.
(c) His dogs.
(d) His roses.
10. What do other people take for granted concerning Hannelore?
(a) Using her as a babysitter.
(b) Her approachability.
(c) Her presence.
(d) Her willingness to help them.
11. How does Manfred's father try to manipulate his wife?
(a) He threatens divorce.
(b) He puts a gun to his head.
(c) He puts a noose around his neck.
(d) He puts a gun to Manfred's head.
12. Who is Rolf?
(a) Klara Brocker's son.
(b) Hanna's uncle.
(c) The apartment handyman.
(d) A disinterested observer.
13. What does Manfred's father ask his wife when he returns from a bar after holding Manfred out the window?
(a) For more money.
(c) For forgiveness.
(d) For a divorce.
14. What is Hanna's father's new girlfriend like?
(c) As crazy as Hanna's mother.
15. Whose arrival in town one day affects Hannelore's life?
(a) A politician.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A injured soldier.
(d) A new teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Hanna's mother's personality that causes her death?
2. When does he notice this about Hannelore?
3. Who is Klara Brocker?
4. What do people say about what Immers does after the incident?
5. How does Hanna tear her skin?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)