|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Klara Brocker?
(a) Trudi's family's maid.
(b) Hanna's family's maid.
(c) Hanna's aunt.
(d) Manfred's mother.
2. What does Rolf finally agree to do?
(a) Apologize to Hanna's best friend.
(b) Speak to his grandfather about his father.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Go home.
3. What is the pastor forced to do concerning the new man in town?
(a) Forbid him to court his sister.
(b) Fire him from his teaching position.
(c) Report him to the local authorities.
(d) Help him out financially.
4. About what does Hanna think when she gets back to shore?
(a) Her mother's paintings.
(b) Her mother's picture she has on her dresser.
(c) Her dead infant brother.
(d) Her mother and her swimming together.
5. What is found recently by the police?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) Some bones.
(d) The gun which is the murder weapon.
6. What shocks Hanna about Veronika's actions?
(a) Veronika slaps Hanna on the backside to punish her.
(b) Veronika eats all the pastries in one bite.
(c) Veronika gives the students too much homework.
(d) Veronika eats all the waffles.
7. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
(a) Her erect posture.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her lips.
8. Who molests Karin?
(a) Hanna's grandfather.
(b) Karin's grandfather.
(c) The principal at the school.
(d) No one.
9. What does Hanna think about her mother being?
(b) Sometimes mean.
10. Who is Veronika?
(a) Hanna's nanny.
(b) The new school teacher.
(c) Trudi's housekeeper.
(d) Hanna's mother's friend.
11. What happened on New Year's Eve, 1952?
(a) Manfred's father left his family and was never heard from again.
(b) Manfred's father hanged himself.
(c) Manfred's mother killed herself with drugs.
(d) Manfred's brother died in an accident.
12. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
(a) To get married.
(b) To care for her brother.
(c) She learns she is not patient with children.
(d) She is blinded in an accident.
13. Who is Hans-Jurgen Braunmeier?
(a) The bank manager.
(b) The father of the teen shot.
(c) The investigating officer.
(d) The man everyone thinks shot the victim(s).
14. How did Hanna and her mother once get to a fancy restaurant?
(a) Floating on the river.
(b) Riding a trolley.
(c) Riding bikes.
15. Why is Rolf deeply upset?
(a) He has never heard the truth about his father.
(b) He wishes his mother did not have to work so hard.
(c) He wishes his grandparents were living with them.
(d) He hates it when Hanna won't talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hannelore Beier described?
2. Of what does Hanna's father assure Hanna?
3. Where are the victim(s) shot?
4. What precipitates Manfred's father's death?
5. Who does Immers criticize continually one day?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)