|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna decide to do where she goes?
(a) Look to see where the murderer slept.
(b) Grab a barge chain and ride down the river.
(c) Chip out a statue of her mother's face.
(d) Look up books on death.
2. With whom does Immers live?
(a) No one.
(b) His son and daughter-in-law.
(c) The other folks at the home.
(d) His disabled daughter.
3. Who is Hans-Jurgen Braunmeier?
(a) The father of the teen shot.
(b) The investigating officer.
(c) The bank manager.
(d) The man everyone thinks shot the victim(s).
4. Why is Rolf deeply upset?
(a) He hates it when Hanna won't talk to him.
(b) He wishes his grandparents were living with them.
(c) He has never heard the truth about his father.
(d) He wishes his mother did not have to work so hard.
5. Who is Klara Brocker?
(a) Hanna's aunt.
(b) Trudi's family's maid.
(c) Hanna's family's maid.
(d) Manfred's mother.
6. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
(a) Get him some breakfast.
(b) Learn more about his father.
(c) Get him some paper and a pencil.
(d) Ask his mother to come talk with him.
7. What is the pastor forced to do concerning the new man in town?
(a) Help him out financially.
(b) Report him to the local authorities.
(c) Fire him from his teaching position.
(d) Forbid him to court his sister.
8. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
(a) In a hayloft.
(b) Near the river.
(c) At the old quarry.
(d) In the library.
9. Where did Hans-Jurgen recently live?
(a) At an insane asylum.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In Paris.
(d) At a veteran's nursing home
10. What does Manfred's father know he will do?
(a) Offer to remove the noose.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Thrown Manfred out the window.
(d) Shoot his wife.
11. How does Hanna tear her skin?
(a) The barge chain whips against her.
(b) She slides down a water chute.
(c) She slips with the chisel.
(d) She slips on the floor in the archives room.
12. What is the pastor forced into this action?
(a) Due to his inappropriate relationship with Hannelore.
(b) The man stole some things from the church school.
(c) The pastor was worried his sister would get hurt.
(d) The man's mother was ill and needed medical care.
13. Where does Immers spend most of his time?
(a) Various places.
(b) In his room.
(c) In the park.
(d) In the library.
14. How did Hanna's mother fit into the small town?
(a) Not well.
(b) Not at all; no one ever spoke to her.
(c) She had a few really good friends.
(d) As if she had been born there.
15. Why does Rolf confront Hanna?
(a) He does not confront Hanna.
(b) About the joke Hanna played on his mother.
(c) About Hanna inviting Hans who has a bad reputation.
(d) About what Hanna said to some classmates about Rolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Immers win prizes?
2. How does Manfred's mother respond to her husband?
3. When does he notice this about Hannelore?
4. What does the new person notice about Hannelore?
5. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)