Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manfred's father know he will do?
(a) Offer to remove the noose.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Thrown Manfred out the window.
(d) Shoot his wife.
2. How does Manfred's father try to manipulate his wife?
(a) He puts a noose around his neck.
(b) He puts a gun to his head.
(c) He puts a gun to Manfred's head.
(d) He threatens divorce.
3. How did Hanna and her mother once get to a fancy restaurant?
(a) Riding bikes.
(b) Riding a trolley.
(c) Floating on the river.
4. Who is Veronika?
(a) Trudi's housekeeper.
(b) The new school teacher.
(c) Hanna's mother's friend.
(d) Hanna's nanny.
5. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
(b) Playing with her dog.
(c) Talking to the librarian about a book she's read.
(d) Reading to children.
6. What does the man do after the pastor took this action?
(a) Leaves town.
(b) Hires a lawyer.
(c) Brings his mother to live with him.
(d) Proposes to Hannelore.
7. What career does the pastor's sister give up?
(d) Social worker.
8. What does Rolf send Hanna to do?
(a) Ask his mother to come talk with him.
(b) Get him some paper and a pencil.
(c) Get him some breakfast.
(d) Learn more about his father.
9. How does the person being criticized respond?
(a) He paints over Immers' window.
(b) He trains the dog to jump on Immers.
(c) She shaves a big gouge in the cat's fur on the back.
(d) He charges Immers more for the office visit for the parakeet.
10. What does Hanna decide to do where she goes?
(a) Grab a barge chain and ride down the river.
(b) Look up books on death.
(c) Chip out a statue of her mother's face.
(d) Look to see where the murderer slept.
11. What precipitates Manfred's father's death?
(a) The chair slips.
(b) His wife pushes him.
(c) His son trips and pushes him out the window.
(d) The cops are banging on the door.
12. What is found recently by the police?
(a) Some bones.
(b) A bloody knife.
(c) The gun which is the murder weapon.
13. What do people say about what Immers does after the incident?
(a) Immers' action was a bit extreme.
(b) The new house is much inferior to the old one.
(c) They can hardly believe he apologized.
(d) Perhaps someone decided he was of weaker stock.
14. Who molests Karin?
(a) The principal at the school.
(b) Hanna's grandfather.
(c) Karin's grandfather.
(d) No one.
15. What does Hanna tell Rolf?
(a) She is glad Rolf is upset.
(b) She is happy that he and Klar are getting along again.
(c) She is sad about the missing cow.
(d) She knows all about Rolf's American father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pastor forced to do concerning the new man in town?
2. How is Hannelore Beier described?
3. Where does Manfred Weiler's family live?
4. How does Hanna think she might get to town one day when she is at the river?
5. What does Hanna scheme for a while after Karin gives birth?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)