|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trudi become?
(a) A bitter, abused wife.
(b) A beloved teacher.
(c) A party goer.
(d) An old maid and librarian.
2. How does Siegfried die?
(a) An airplane crash.
(b) His dogs kill him.
(c) He stumbles while drunk and falls over the banister and is hung.
(d) He is killed by a punk wanting money.
3. What caused Hanna's father to fall in love with Hanna's mother?
(a) He saw one of her paintings.
(b) Her lilting laugh.
(c) Her unusual grey eyes.
(d) Her unusual almost gold hair.
4. Who does Hanna say died as an infant?
(a) Her teacher's baby.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) The neighbor next door's granddaugher.
(d) Her little brother.
5. For what is Siegfried searching?
(a) The meadow where he is killed in the dream.
(b) If dreams can be prophetic.
(c) Peace from his fears.
(d) A wife.
6. Why does Oma ask to go to the hospital?
(a) She thinks she has pneumonia.
(b) She feels the same symptoms in her other leg that she did in the missing one.
(c) She wants to visit her sister who is ill.
(d) She wants to visit her best friend who is ill.
7. What does the narrator's mother realize?
(a) She is about to go into labor.
(b) She is not sure she wants to keep the baby.
(c) She cannot feel the baby moving.
(d) Her husband is not going to return home in time for the delivery.
8. Where does this new friend of Hanna's live next to?
(a) Across the street from the school.
(b) Hanna's mother's art studio.
(c) Next door to Hanna's cousin.
(d) Next to the train station.
9. Who had Klara and her mother befriended near the end of the war?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A blinded German soldier.
(c) An Australian soldier.
(d) An American soldier.
10. What one opportunity is destroyed by Trudi's father?
(a) For love.
(b) To go to boarding school.
(c) To become an actress.
(d) To travel to Pais.
11. Who taught school in a nearby town according to Trudi?
(a) Trudi's aunt.
(b) The woman Hanna's father almost married.
(c) Trudi's father's lover.
(d) Trudi's mother.
12. What does Hanna's paternal grandmother have only one leg?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She lost the other one to a blood clot.
(c) She was born with a shriveled leg they had to eventually amputate.
(d) She was born with only one leg and one hand.
13. What does Klara vow to do?
(a) Go to Scotland and find the father of her baby.
(b) Give her son up for adoption.
(c) Destroy her son's father's picture.
(d) Let her sister and husband raise her son since they have no children.
14. Where does Siegfried live?
(a) Near the river.
(b) Near the grain mill.
(c) Up on a mountain.
(d) Near the center of town over the library.
15. What does Seigfried find in his search?
(a) The meadow where his dream occurs.
(b) No peace.
(c) He learns about Moses' ability to interpret dreams.
(d) An old friend to whom he becomes engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said Trudi's mother did to Trudi as a child?
2. What does the mother learn about the baby?
3. What do people in the town think of Hanna's mother?
4. Where does Trudi's mother die?
5. What does Siegfried begin doing in the evenings?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)