|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trudi say is reckless?
(a) Hanna's father falling for Hanna's mother based upon a painting.
(b) Hanna's father falling for Hanna's mother based upon eye color.
(c) Hanna's father falling for Hanna's mother based upon hair color.
(d) Hanna's father falling for Hanna's mother based upon a laugh.
2. What reassurance does the mother receive?
(a) Her husband will return that day.
(b) The baby is resting for the birth.
(c) The midwife will return from the midwife's daughter's home soon.
(d) The doctor will come to her home when she is ready to give birth.
3. Who is Matthias?
(a) Trudi's uncle.
(b) The priest where Trudi goes to church.
(c) Hanna's father's dentist partner.
(d) The man Hanna befriends.
4. Where does this new friend of Hanna's live next to?
(a) Across the street from the school.
(b) Next to the train station.
(c) Next door to Hanna's cousin.
(d) Hanna's mother's art studio.
5. How is Trudi treated in her childhood?
(a) With thoughtlessness.
(b) With derision.
(c) No one goes near her.
(d) With extreme care.
6. What happens several weeks later after Matthias stops doing what Hanna noticed?
(a) He sits on the stoop again.
(b) He takes her to get ice cream.
(c) He gets a new job.
(d) He has a new man visiting.
7. What does Hanna learn from Trudi?
(a) That Hanna's mother is not actually who she thinks she is.
(b) That Trudi's father is going to retire.
(c) That Trudi's mother lives in the United States.
(d) That Hanna's father was previously engaged before marrying Hanna's mother.
8. What do the doctors ask Hanna's father?
(a) To take the baby from his wife.
(b) To make Hanna go to school.
(c) To commit Hanna's mother to the hospital for therapy.
(d) To make sure his wife does not harm their new son.
9. Where does the baby die?
(a) On the street where it had crawled.
(b) In the hospital in an incubator.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) In his mother's arms.
10. What is said Trudi's mother did to Trudi as a child?
(a) Left her in a dark room all the time.
(b) Dropped her on her head.
(c) Starved her.
(d) Tried to make her learn to read too soon.
11. Who does the mother intend to help with her giving birth?
(a) Her sister.
(b) A midwife.
(c) No one.
12. What favor did the visitor ask?
(a) For Hanna's mother to start attending church.
(b) For Hanna's mother to judge an art show.
(c) For Hanna's mother to show her paintings in a church fair.
(d) For Hanna's mother to give the students a lecture on watercolor techniques.
13. What does Hanna's mother not show people for a long time?
(a) Photos of her past.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her paintings.
(d) Her emotions.
14. Where does the narrator's mother go?
(a) A drugstore.
(b) A free clinic.
(c) A convent.
(d) A hospital.
15. What is a characteristic of Hanna's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trudi say about Hanna's father?
2. What does Hanna notice Matthias stops doing?
3. What does the mother learn about the baby?
4. How does the midwife seem before she returns home with her daughter?
5. What rumor is there about Hanna's girl friend?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)