|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hanna's father meet Hanna's mother?
(a) Her best friend's brother is a good friend of Hanna's father.
(b) She shares a train compartment with him on a trip.
(c) She came to have her teeth worked on.
(d) She was once Hanna's teacher.
2. Who does Trudi meet at the river one day?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A man.
(d) A young girl.
3. What does Trudi become?
(a) A bitter, abused wife.
(b) A beloved teacher.
(c) An old maid and librarian.
(d) A party goer.
4. How is Trudi's father towards her?
(c) He seldom sees her and has a nanny care for her.
(d) He lets her do whatever she wants.
5. What does Hanna's father continually remind Hanna's mother not to do?
(a) Be reckless.
(b) Talk to the beggers on the corners.
(c) Crunch ice with her teeth.
(d) Gallop her horse so fast.
6. Who is Trudi's father?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The local pay librarian.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The constable.
7. What favor did the visitor ask?
(a) For Hanna's mother to give the students a lecture on watercolor techniques.
(b) For Hanna's mother to show her paintings in a church fair.
(c) For Hanna's mother to start attending church.
(d) For Hanna's mother to judge an art show.
8. How does the action Siegfried take because of his dream get out of hand?
(a) He ends up with seven pistols and one rifle.
(b) He pays the lawyer a monthly retainer fee just to keep the lawyer.
(c) He ends up with seven dogs.
(d) He cancels all his future trips.
9. What caused Hanna's father to fall in love with Hanna's mother?
(a) He saw one of her paintings.
(b) Her lilting laugh.
(c) Her unusual almost gold hair.
(d) Her unusual grey eyes.
10. What do people in the town think of Hanna's mother?
(a) She is odd.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is gracious.
(d) She is neglectful of her family.
11. What happens to the solider?
(a) He is supposedly reassigned.
(b) He marries Klara but is then killed.
(c) He is killed when Klara is three months pregant.
(d) He is refused permssion to marry Klara.
12. How is Trudi treated in her childhood?
(a) No one goes near her.
(b) With extreme care.
(c) With derision.
(d) With thoughtlessness.
13. What does Hanna's father do with Oma?
(a) Take her to her favorite beach.
(b) Take her to a specialist.
(c) Take her home to die.
(d) Take her to stay with Oma's sister to care for the sister.
14. Where does the narrator's mother go?
(a) A drugstore.
(b) A convent.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A free clinic.
15. What is a characteristic of Hanna's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanna think her mother and father do for each other?
2. What reassurance does the mother receive?
3. Why does Oma ask to go to the hospital?
4. About what does Siegfried start feeling better?
5. Upon what does Hanna's father insist?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)