Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this new friend of Hanna's live next to?
(a) Next to the train station.
(b) Across the street from the school.
(c) Next door to Hanna's cousin.
(d) Hanna's mother's art studio.
2. What does Hanna think her mother and father do for each other?
(a) Hanna has no idea.
(b) Keep each other from becoming bored.
(c) Balance each other.
(d) Show each other different ways of seeing.
3. About what does Siegfried start feeling better?
(a) The prospect of marriage.
(b) His dream.
(c) The tenuous nature of life.
(d) His last job which is almost complete.
4. Who had Klara and her mother befriended near the end of the war?
(a) A blinded German soldier.
(b) A British soldier.
(c) An American soldier.
(d) An Australian soldier.
5. Who does the mother intend to help with her giving birth?
(a) No one.
(b) Her sister.
(d) A midwife.
6. Where does the mother go after leaving the convent?
(a) She wanders the streets.
(b) Her parent's home.
(c) The local midwife.
(d) Her own home.
7. What month of pregnancy is the narrator's mother entering?
8. What does Hanna's mother give Hanna's father?
(a) A reason to not work so hard.
(b) Happiness and excitement.
(c) A headache.
(d) A reason to work hard.
9. In what does Trudi engage regularly?
(b) Brisk walking.
(d) Writing funny stories.
10. What is different about this dream than his usual ones?
(a) It is vivid and recurs.
(b) He is not in the dream; just a narrator.
(c) He is able to change it consciously while still sleeping.
(d) It has no dream quality to it.
11. What does Hanna notice about Matthias after a particular man visits him?
(a) Matthias won't speak to her for awhile.
(b) Matthias is despondent.
(c) Matthias calls in sick to work.
(d) Matthias has bruises.
12. What is Klara watching when she remembers the end of the war?
(a) A movie on television.
(b) Her mother knitting.
(c) The potato delivery.
(d) Her children playing in the yard.
13. Why does Oma ask to go to the hospital?
(a) She feels the same symptoms in her other leg that she did in the missing one.
(b) She thinks she has pneumonia.
(c) She wants to visit her sister who is ill.
(d) She wants to visit her best friend who is ill.
14. Who is Renate?
(a) Hanna's sister.
(b) The midwife's daughter.
(c) The midwife.
(d) Hanna's cousin.
15. Where does Siegfried die?
(a) In the meadow he had found.
(b) In the city park.
(c) On his way to the United States.
(d) In the upper floor of the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the mother become enraged?
2. Why does the mother go there?
3. Who taught school in a nearby town according to Trudi?
4. What do the doctors ask Hanna's father?
5. What does Trudi say about Hanna's father?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)