|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it said that Trudi's mother went insane?
(a) Her husband hit her in the head too often.
(b) From seeing her young son drown.
(c) Her grandmother passed insanity on to Trudi's mother.
(d) From guilt of dropping Trudi.
2. How does Manfred's father try to manipulate his wife?
(a) He puts a gun to his head.
(b) He puts a noose around his neck.
(c) He puts a gun to Manfred's head.
(d) He threatens divorce.
3. Where does Siegfried die?
(a) In the meadow he had found.
(b) In the city park.
(c) In the upper floor of the library.
(d) On his way to the United States.
4. When does Hanna's mother like to swim?
(a) When there is a thunderstorm.
(b) When the water is very chilly.
(c) When the water is warm.
(d) When no one else is around.
5. What does Hanna's father do with Oma?
(a) Take her to her favorite beach.
(b) Take her to a specialist.
(c) Take her home to die.
(d) Take her to stay with Oma's sister to care for the sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the solider?
2. How did people react to Hanna's mother's paintings?
3. What does Manfred's father ask his wife when he returns from a bar after holding Manfred out the window?
4. Why is Rolf deeply upset?
5. What do other people take for granted concerning Hannelore?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)