|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hanna's mother decide to help Oma?
(a) By helping caring for Oma's sister.
(b) By hiring a housekeeper.
(c) By taking her to a faith healer.
(d) By taking Oma and her sister books from the library.
2. Where does Hanna find Rolf the next morning?
(a) At the old quarry.
(b) In the library.
(c) Near the river.
(d) In a hayloft.
3. Why does Oma ask to go to the hospital?
(a) She wants to visit her best friend who is ill.
(b) She thinks she has pneumonia.
(c) She wants to visit her sister who is ill.
(d) She feels the same symptoms in her other leg that she did in the missing one.
4. What caused Hanna's father to fall in love with Hanna's mother?
(a) He saw one of her paintings.
(b) Her unusual almost gold hair.
(c) Her lilting laugh.
(d) Her unusual grey eyes.
5. What shocks Hanna about Veronika's actions?
(a) Veronika eats all the waffles.
(b) Veronika slaps Hanna on the backside to punish her.
(c) Veronika eats all the pastries in one bite.
(d) Veronika gives the students too much homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precipitates Manfred's father's death?
2. Who is Rolf?
3. At what times does Hannelore seem to really come to life?
4. Why does the pastor's sister give up her career?
5. What causes Manfred's father to become violent?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)