|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hanna's father meet Hanna's mother?
(a) She was once Hanna's teacher.
(b) She came to have her teeth worked on.
(c) Her best friend's brother is a good friend of Hanna's father.
(d) She shares a train compartment with him on a trip.
2. Who does Hanna say died as an infant?
(a) Her teacher's baby.
(b) The neighbor next door's granddaugher.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her little brother.
3. What does Hanna encourage Matthias to do?
(a) Take Hanna's aunt to dinner.
(b) Go back to his training.
(c) No invite the violent man over anymore.
(d) Get some tutoring in math.
4. Why does the mother become enraged?
(a) The nuns say it is God's will.
(b) The nuns refuse to help her once they know the baby is dead.
(c) Her baby had remained in utero too long and the nuns did nothing.
(d) Her husband says the death is for the best.
5. Who is Renate?
(a) Hanna's sister.
(b) Hanna's cousin.
(c) The midwife's daughter.
(d) The midwife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Matthias?
2. What is Klara watching when she remembers the end of the war?
3. What reassurance does the mother receive?
4. How does the action Siegfried take because of his dream get out of hand?
5. What month of pregnancy is the narrator's mother entering?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)