|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of Oma's illness?
(a) She becomes extremely depressed and kills herself.
(b) She never recovers bu does not die for several years.
(c) She recovers.
(d) She dies.
2. Who is Renate?
(a) The midwife's daughter.
(b) Hanna's cousin.
(c) The midwife.
(d) Hanna's sister.
3. Where does Trudi's mother die?
(a) In the local nursing home.
(b) In a distant hospital.
(c) At home locked up in the attic.
(d) In the lake where she threw herself.
4. With whom does Klara become lovers near the end of the war?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) An American soldier.
(c) An Australian soldier.
(d) A Scottish officer.
5. Why does Hanna take holy water to Renate?
(a) To try to heal Renate's leg.
(b) To see if Renate will drink it.
(c) To try to heal herself.
(d) To bless the midwife's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Trudi's father towards her?
2. What happens when the mother goes into labor?
3. What does Klara vow to do?
4. What one opportunity is destroyed by Trudi's father?
5. How is Trudi treated in her childhood?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)