|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hanna take holy water to Renate?
(a) To try to heal herself.
(b) To bless the midwife's home.
(c) To see if Renate will drink it.
(d) To try to heal Renate's leg.
2. What does the mother trust over the next three days?
(a) The fact that the midwife will return in time.
(b) The doctor's assurances.
(c) The nuns.
(d) Her husband.
3. What does the mother ask about the baby?
(a) If it is going to be a girl.
(b) If the baby is ready to come out.
(c) If she should be concerned.
(d) If the baby is too premature.
4. Who is Renate?
(a) Hanna's cousin.
(b) The midwife's daughter.
(c) The midwife.
(d) Hanna's sister.
5. Who does the mother intend to help with her giving birth?
(a) Her sister.
(b) No one.
(d) A midwife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klara tell her lover one day?
2. Who does Trudi meet at the river one day?
3. Where does Trudi's mother die?
4. Who is Klara Blocker?
5. Who had Klara and her mother befriended near the end of the war?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)