|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the midwife seem before she returns home with her daughter?
(d) Not pregnant.
2. With whom does Klara become lovers near the end of the war?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A Scottish officer.
(c) An Australian soldier.
(d) An American soldier.
3. Why does Hanna take holy water to Renate?
(a) To bless the midwife's home.
(b) To try to heal herself.
(c) To see if Renate will drink it.
(d) To try to heal Renate's leg.
4. What is the outcome of Oma's illness?
(a) She never recovers bu does not die for several years.
(b) She recovers.
(c) She becomes extremely depressed and kills herself.
(d) She dies.
5. What does the mother learn about the baby?
(a) It is a boy.
(b) It is a breech.
(c) It is healthy.
(d) It has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Klara live?
2. Who does Trudi meet at the river one day?
3. In what does Trudi engage regularly?
4. Where does the narrator's mother go?
5. What reassurance does the mother receive?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)