|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the mother go after leaving the convent?
(a) The local midwife.
(b) Her parent's home.
(c) She wanders the streets.
(d) Her own home.
2. What does Hanna's mother refuse to do?
(a) Attend church.
(b) Start painting again.
(c) Let Hanna attend school.
(d) Let go of the baby after he had died.
3. Why does the mother become enraged?
(a) Her husband says the death is for the best.
(b) Her baby had remained in utero too long and the nuns did nothing.
(c) The nuns say it is God's will.
(d) The nuns refuse to help her once they know the baby is dead.
4. Where does Siegfried live?
(a) Near the center of town over the library.
(b) Near the river.
(c) Near the grain mill.
(d) Up on a mountain.
5. What reassurance does the mother receive?
(a) The baby is resting for the birth.
(b) Her husband will return that day.
(c) The midwife will return from the midwife's daughter's home soon.
(d) The doctor will come to her home when she is ready to give birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hanna say died as an infant?
2. Where does Trudi's mother die?
3. What is Trudi almost tempted to do at the river?
4. What does Hanna's father continually remind Hanna's mother not to do?
5. What does Hanna notice Matthias stops doing?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)