|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival in town one day affects Hannelore's life?
(a) A injured soldier.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A politician.
(d) A new teacher.
2. How does the midwife seem before she returns home with her daughter?
(d) Not pregnant.
3. What happens to the solider?
(a) He is killed when Klara is three months pregant.
(b) He is refused permssion to marry Klara.
(c) He marries Klara but is then killed.
(d) He is supposedly reassigned.
4. From what does Veronika think she is invulnerable?
(a) Hanna's mother's censure.
(b) The students' rebelling.
(c) The poison.
(d) The principal's ire.
5. What does the mother trust over the next three days?
(a) The fact that the midwife will return in time.
(b) The nuns.
(c) The doctor's assurances.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors at the hospital attempt to do?
2. What does Hanna's father do in response to the doctor's request?
3. Where does Trudi's mother die?
4. Who is Karin Baum?
5. In what does Trudi engage regularly?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)