1. What month of pregnancy is the narrator's mother entering?
2. What does the narrator's mother realize?
(a) She cannot feel the baby moving.
(b) She is about to go into labor.
(c) She is not sure she wants to keep the baby.
(d) Her husband is not going to return home in time for the delivery.
3. Where does the narrator's mother go?
(a) A convent.
(b) A drugstore.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A free clinic.
4. Why does the mother go there?
(a) She wants something for her pain.
(b) She intends to give birth there.
(c) She wants to request prayers.
(d) She wants the doctor to listen to her baby's heartbeat.
5. Who does the mother intend to help with her giving birth?
(a) A midwife.
(b) Her sister.
(d) No one.
6. What does the mother ask about the baby?
(a) If the baby is ready to come out.
(b) If she should be concerned.
(c) If it is going to be a girl.
(d) If the baby is too premature.
This section contains 5,039 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)