1. What month of pregnancy is the narrator's mother entering?
2. What does the narrator's mother realize?
(a) She is not sure she wants to keep the baby.
(b) She is about to go into labor.
(c) She cannot feel the baby moving.
(d) Her husband is not going to return home in time for the delivery.
3. Where does the narrator's mother go?
(a) A convent.
(b) A free clinic.
(c) A drugstore.
(d) A hospital.
4. Why does the mother go there?
(a) She wants something for her pain.
(b) She wants to request prayers.
(c) She intends to give birth there.
(d) She wants the doctor to listen to her baby's heartbeat.
5. Who does the mother intend to help with her giving birth?
(a) Her sister.
(c) No one.
(d) A midwife.
6. What does the mother ask about the baby?
(a) If it is going to be a girl.
(b) If the baby is ready to come out.
(c) If the baby is too premature.
(d) If she should be concerned.
This section contains 5,039 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)