• In the tenth month of pregnancy, the narrator's mother realizes she cannot feel the baby moving.
• The nuns at a convent assure her that the baby is simply getting ready to birth. Three days later she returns to the convent in labor.
• The mother is forced to wait for the nuns to finish their morning worship and then when one comes the baby is dead.
• The nun tells the mother the baby died because it was in utero too long. The mother is enraged and goes to the midwife.
• Trudi Montag is a dwarf, the daughter of the local librarian. It is said she is a dwarf because her mother dropped her on her head.
• Her mother went insane with the guilt and died in an institution. Trudi was treated with extreme care as she grew up.
• Trudi meets a man at the river and almost...
This section contains 1,687 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)