|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bryce's grandfather say about one's character?
(a) It is hard to change.
(b) A good character is more important than good grades.
(c) It can never be really altered once it's set.
(d) It is established at a young age.
2. What does the teacher tell Juli not to expect concerning the eggs?
(a) Not to expect a rooster.
(b) Not to expect all females.
(c) Not to expect them all to hatch.
(d) Not to expect that all the hatchlings would life to become adult chickens.
3. How was Bryce born?
(a) With the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck.
(c) As a breech baby.
(d) With damaged eyes, but the doctor's saved them.
4. What does Juli see Shelly doing with Bryce?
(a) Getting into a spitball fight.
(b) Hitting him.
(c) Kissing him.
(d) Holding hands.
5. What does Juli receive in the science contest?
(a) Rave reviews.
(b) A third-place ribbon.
(c) An honorable mention.
(d) A best-in-show ribbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bryce annoyed with Juli?
2. What does the family name the dog?
3. Who does Lynette's mother send to get Lynette when it's time to come home?
4. What kind of student is Julie?
5. What does Juli retrieve one day from the sycamore tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Juli stay up in the tree one day instead of getting on the bus?
2. When and why does Juli get involved raising chickens?
3. How does Bryce learn about the condition of Juli's backyard?
4. What does Juli's father do for a living and for a hobby?
5. How does Bryce hurt Juli's feelings terribly?
6. What does Juli think is neighborly to do and why does she want to help Bryce?
7. Describe the conversation Juli and her father have about Bryce.
8. How does Bryce's father help him and his older sister hinder him in his hiding efforts?
9. What happens the day Bryce starts second grade?
10. About what do Grandpa and Bryce talk concerning Juli?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)