|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason(s) does Juli like Bryce?
(a) His intellect.
(b) His good manners.
(c) All the wrong ones.
(d) His kindness and generosity.
2. What do Matt and Mike want to do after high school?
(a) Join the Marines.
(b) Join the National Guard.
(c) Try to become successful as a band.
(d) Go to college.
3. Why is Juli upset with Bryce and Garrett?
(a) She is not upset with them.
(b) They were talking about her.
(c) They copied her homework.
(d) They do not laugh at her jokes.
4. What happens when Bryce tries to corner Juli?
(a) She tells him she'll talk with him later.
(b) Juli ends up slapping Bryce.
(c) They get into a shouting match.
(d) She says she is not interested in talking to him.
5. About what does Rick grill Matt and Mike?
(a) Their plans to join the Army.
(b) Their plans to join the Marines.
(d) High school.
6. What does Juli see Bryce doing one day when Juli looks out the window?
(a) Talking to Matt.
(b) Opening the car door for his mother.
(c) Digging a hole in Juli's yard.
(d) Opening the car door for Shelly.
7. Where is Julie's father going?
(a) To church.
(b) To the store to get the Sunday paper.
(c) To visit David in the institution.
(d) To work on a special construction project.
8. What is Jenny's most prominent feature?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her tiny feet.
(c) Her height.
(d) Her brilliant, green eyes.
9. What is happening at 6 p.m., Friday at the Loskis' house?
(a) Grandpa is catching an airplane to go visit his brother.
(b) Bryce is supposed to visit Garrett in the hospital.
(c) The Bakers will be arriving for dinner.
(d) The family's favorite television show comes on.
10. What is the nickname of one of the girls interested in Bryce?
(a) Jumbo Jenny.
(b) The Black Widow.
(c) Skinny Shelly.
(d) Lonely Miranda.
11. What does everyone do back at the Baker household?
(a) Listens to Mike and Matt's music again.
(b) Says disparging things about the Loski family.
(c) Gathers in the kitchen.
(d) Goes their separate ways.
12. What does Mrs. Stueby say Juli needs for her chickens?
(a) A change in feed.
(b) A rooster.
(d) A new laying area.
13. What does Robert help David do?
(a) Set up his new puzzle.
(b) Try on his new sneakers.
(c) Hang the photograph of Juli's dog on the wall.
(d) Play a new nintendo game.
14. About what does Bryce worry concerning his mother's announcement?
(a) That the egg incident will come up at dinner.
(b) That Juli is the one who is ill.
(c) That the family will have to move if Mr. Baker can not find a new job there.
(d) That Juli will not speak to him before they move.
15. How are the boys known who are chosen for the auction?
(a) Lady's men.
(b) Mama's boys.
(c) They have no particular name.
(d) Basket boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bryce feel about being chosen?
2. What does Bryce take out of his drawer one evening when doing homework?
3. Why does Garrett tease Bryce?
4. What flabbergasts Juli about her father's response to her statement?
5. What does one of the auction boy's mother do?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)