|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bryce learn about an article in the paper about Juli?
(a) He reads it in the paper.
(b) The teacher annouces it in class.
(d) His grandfather.
2. What does the principal advise Juli to do?
(a) Let Bryce work out his own personal issues.
(b) Find another boy to like.
(c) Ignore Bryce.
(d) Ignore Shelly.
3. Why does Julie climb it?
(a) To keep it from being cut down.
(b) To see if cell phone reception was better closer.
(c) To see if she could do it.
(d) To take a picture.
4. How many playmates were there of Juli's age in the neighborhood before Bryce arrives?
(a) Quite a few.
(d) 3, but two of them were Juli's sisters.
5. How has Shelly been to Bryce?
6. What grade are Bryce and Juli in when Juli rescues Bryce again?
7. How was Bryce born?
(a) As a breech baby.
(b) With the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck.
(d) With damaged eyes, but the doctor's saved them.
8. What does Bryce do several years later to end Juli's obsession with him?
(a) Tells Juli he is going to become a priest.
(b) Starts acting like he likes another girl.
(c) Tells her to leave him alone or he will embarrass her in front of the other students.
9. Why didn't Bryce want to do what his father asks?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is trying to avoid Juli.
(c) He does not want to listen to his older sister.
(d) He wants to go meet the boy on the next street over.
10. Why does the dog have to stay outside?
(a) He chases the ferrets.
(b) He tears up the furniture.
(c) He smells badly despite repeated washings.
(d) He urinates in the house.
11. What does Juli say she learned from Chet?
(a) How to hand raise cockatoos.
(b) How to raise ferrets for pets.
(c) How to ignore Bryce.
(d) A lot.
12. What does it seem to Bryce that his grandfather does all the time?
(a) Nothing since he is now dead.
(b) Writes brief postcards from Mexico that say nothing.
(c) Sits on the porch and stare at the Baker's front yard.
(d) Complains about Bryce's grandmother.
13. What does the teacher tell Juli not to expect concerning the eggs?
(a) Not to expect a rooster.
(b) Not to expect them all to hatch.
(c) Not to expect all females.
(d) Not to expect that all the hatchlings would life to become adult chickens.
14. How much money does Juli figure she lost by her kindness to Bryce and his family?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 50 dollars.
(d) 10 dollars.
15. What is more difficult to deal with than her dog's death for Juli?
(a) Her dad being laid off.
(b) The incident with the eggs and Bryce.
(c) Her dad being injured on the job.
(d) Her mother becoming ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappoints Bryce about Junior High?
2. What does Juli's father do for a living?
3. How does Juli act towards Bryce?
4. What does Juli's father ask her one day that upsets her?
5. In what grade does Juli begin to raise chickens?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)