|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the sycamore tree one day that Juli thinks is lucky?
(a) A huge raven.
(b) An owl.
(c) A baby robin.
(d) A blue and white kite.
2. Why didn't Bryce want to do what his father asks?
(a) He does not want to listen to his older sister.
(b) He wants to go meet the boy on the next street over.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is trying to avoid Juli.
3. What does Bryce decide to do one day after coming home from playing basketball with Garrett?
(a) Talk to his grandfather about a choice Bryce needs to make.
(b) Bake Juli a cake.
(c) Clean up his backyard.
(d) Try to re-establish communication with Juli.
4. How much money does Juli figure she lost by her kindness to Bryce and his family?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 50 dollars.
(c) 10 dollars.
5. What does Juli say in response to her father's question?
(a) She likes the way he interacts with his younger siblings.
(b) She likes the way he takes charge of situations.
(c) She likes his kind ways.
(d) She likes his black hair and blue eyes.
6. In what grade does Juli begin to raise chickens?
7. What does Bryce notice Juli doing?
(a) Talking to another guy from school.
(b) Trimming the bushes in front of her house.
(c) Getting rid of her chickens.
(d) Throwing things in the front yard.
8. What does Juli's father help her build?
(b) An incubator.
(c) A coop.
(d) A display box for the science fair.
9. When does Bryce plan to ditch Juli forever?
(a) When he goes off to college.
(b) Junior High.
(c) Senior High.
10. How does Juli describe Shelly Stalls?
(a) As her mortal enemy.
(b) As a real nerd.
(c) As her best friend.
(d) As a goodie two shoes.
11. About what does Patsy compliment her father?
(a) For helping to improve the appearance of the neighborhood.
(b) For helping Bryce accept responsibility for his mistakes.
(c) For working through his grief and starting to do things again.
(d) For tolerating his son-in-law so well.
12. What is the record for the science fair for the number of hatched eggs?
13. About what is Bryce right?
(a) That Juli is ambitious.
(b) That Juli is not interested in him.
(c) That Shelly is pushy.
(d) That Juli has a crush on him.
14. What does Juli receive in the science contest?
(a) A best-in-show ribbon.
(b) A third-place ribbon.
(c) An honorable mention.
(d) Rave reviews.
15. What does Juli's father do in his free time?
(a) Runs in marathons.
(b) Plays his harmonica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family name the dog?
2. What happens in Bryce's life in 7th grade?
3. How old is Juli when her dad found the dog?
4. Why does Julie climb it?
5. How has Shelly been to Bryce?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)