|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juli help Bryce sometimes with the spelling tests?
(a) She does not help him.
(b) Whispers the correct spelling of words.
(c) Makes flashcards for him to study.
(d) Shows him a trick for learning how to spell.
2. How has Shelly been to Bryce?
3. What does Juli think is neighborly to do when Bryce's family moves in?
(a) Bake them some cookies.
(b) Take them a new kitten she found.
(c) Show Bryce all her secret hiding places.
(d) Help them unload.
4. Why does Juli want to come to the rescue?
(a) So Bryce can take it easy.
(b) So Juli will make a good impression on Bryce's parents.
(c) So Juli can impress Bryce's older sister.
(d) So Bryce will feel like going over to her house later.
5. Who watches Juli as she climbs the tree that day?
(b) No one.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her father.
6. What does Juli's father do when he's in the midst of his hobby?
(a) Sponsors companies on his running outfit.
(b) Refuses to talk to anyone.
(c) Transcends his surroundings.
(d) Gets where no one can find him.
7. Who gives Juli a ride to school sometimes?
(a) No one.
(b) Bryce's father.
(c) Mrs. Loski.
(d) Bryce's grandfather.
8. What does Juli do just as Bryce's mother opens the front door?
(a) Starts crying.
(b) Gives Bryce's mother a hug.
(c) Tickles Bryce's nose with one of her feathers.
(d) Grabs Bryce's hand.
9. What does Juli's father do in his free time?
(a) Plays his harmonica.
(c) Runs in marathons.
10. What does Bryce's grandfather say about one's character?
(a) A good character is more important than good grades.
(b) It can never be really altered once it's set.
(c) It is established at a young age.
(d) It is hard to change.
11. Of whom does Juli remind Chet?
(a) Chet's granddaughter.
(b) Chet's dead daughter.
(c) Chet's favorite cousin.
(d) Chet's dead wife.
12. When does Bryce's grandfather talk to Bryce?
(c) Whenver Bryce comes home from Juli's house.
(d) Never since he is dead.
13. What is more difficult to deal with than her dog's death for Juli?
(a) Her dad being laid off.
(b) Her mother becoming ill.
(c) The incident with the eggs and Bryce.
(d) Her dad being injured on the job.
14. What does the family name the dog?
15. What is the record for the science fair for the number of hatched eggs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the live chickens attract?
2. What is one feature of Bryce's that Juli really likes?
3. Why do Bryce's grades go up one year?
4. What are they feeding the animal?
5. What does Juli receive in the science contest?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)