"Here I Am"- "Wikipedia"
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Tokarczuk, Olga. Flights: A Novel. Riverbend Books, 2018. Print.
• The novel is composed of over 100 short vignettes, many of which are told in the first person by the unnamed narrator.
• The lengths of these vignettes vary widely, with some composed of only one sentence and others going on for several pages.
• A number of vignettes are told in the third person, some act as prose poems, and others are composed of multimodal elements such as fictional letters by a real sixteenth-century anatomist or charts comparing the characteristics of major rivers, for example.
• Tokarczuk refers to Flights as a 'constellation novel' within interviews and one effect of her choice is that while the characters, settings, tones, eras, and narration styles change over the course of the novel, the themes remain interconnected throughout...
This section contains 7,188 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)