|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the man that shot his horse, as described in Chapter 12?
2. What job will Dellarobia have while attending college?
3. What hillbilly movie does Dellarobia reference in Chapter 9?
4. On what day of the week are Hester and Dellarobia vaccinating the ewes in Chapter 12?
5. Who was the one-armed man that ran the little grocery store in Feathertown before it closed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dellarobia and Cub discuss at the Dairy Prince in Chapter 13?
2. How has Dellarobia's family property changed in Chapter 11?
3. What job does Dellarobia take on Ovid's team? What does her job entail?
4. How has the relationship between Hester and Dellarobia changed in Chapter 12?
5. What does Dellarobia observe at Ovid's trailer in the beginning of Chapter 10? How does she respond?
6. What does Hester reveal to Dellarobia about her past in Chapter 13?
7. What are Hester and Dellarobia doing in Chapter 12?
8. How does Dellarobia describe the perceptions of education within her community?
9. What does Dellarobia reveal to Cub regarding her first sighting of the butterflies in Chapter 13?
10. Describe the exchange between Ovid and Tina Ultner in Chapter 12. Why is this exchange important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Hester in Flight Behavior. How is Hester's temperament described? What is her relationship like with Dellarobia and her son? How do these relationships change in the course of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of family in Flight Behavior. What does family mean to Dellarobia? What does it mean to Cub? What statements about family do you think the author is making in this work?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the butterflies in Flight Behavior. What do the unexpected creatures represent to the church congregation? What do they represent to Ovid and his team? What do they represent to Dellarobia?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)