|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dovey's text message say Moses was in Chapter 4?
(a) A healer.
(b) A spring breeze.
(c) A butterfly seeker.
(d) A basket case.
2. What is Dellarobia's maiden name?
3. What did Dovey once convince Dellarobia to wear to church?
(a) A pink tutu.
(b) A Kentucky derby hat.
(c) A fox stole.
(d) A men's suit.
4. What is served for breakfast on fleecing day, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(a) Ham biscuits and coffee.
(b) Cookies and coffee.
(c) Cereal and coffee.
(d) Cream cheese bagels and coffee.
5. What is Crystal's last name?
6. What kind of business did Dellarobia's father once have?
(a) A bricklaying business.
(b) A fleece-trade business.
(c) A cement-pouring business.
(d) A furniture-making business.
7. In Chapter 7, what does Dellarosia think "might be the sole point of general agreement" (167)?
8. Who does Crystal describe breaking her fingers when they were slammed in a car door in Chapter 2?
9. When did the Café in Christ open, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
10. What does Mako describe folding as a kid to contribute to world peace?
(a) Paper frogs.
(b) Paper boats.
(c) Paper cranes.
(d) Paper elephants.
11. What dance does Mako perform at the Christmas party?
(a) The moonwalk.
(b) The salsa.
(c) The jitterbug.
(d) The robot.
12. What crop of the Cooks' had "melted to liquid stench," in the past season, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(a) The strawberry crop.
(b) The cherry crop.
(c) Their tomato crop.
(d) The potato crop.
13. What is the name of the Feathertown high school football team?
(a) The Lions.
(b) The Falcons.
(c) The Beavers.
(d) The Badgers.
14. Where did Ovid say he had traveled from in order to see the butterflies?
(c) New Mexico.
15. How long ago did the diner in Feathertown close, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) 9 years ago.
(b) 4 years ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 6 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dellarobia wearing as she climbs the mountain in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 1, Jimmy's eyes are compared to the amber glass of what?
3. How did Hester's kitchen table become marred?
4. In what month does the novel begin?
5. With whom does Jimmy live?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)