Chapter 1: "The Measure of a Man"
1. What color is Dellarobia's hair described as in Chapter 1?
2. To what flowers are Dellarobia's children compared in a simile in Chapter 1?
3. What is Dellarobia wearing as she climbs the mountain in Chapter 1?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A red mini-skirt.
(c) A suede jacket.
(d) A pair of overalls.
4. In what month does the novel begin?
5. What highway does Dellarobia observe from the hilltop in Chapter 1?
(a) Highway 7.
(b) Highway 10.
(c) Highway 1.
(d) Highway 4.
6. How old was Dellarobia when she married?
7. How far does Hester live from Dellarobia's home?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 1/4 mile.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
8. Whose wife from the Bible does Dellarobia think of while climbing the mountan in Chapter 1?
9. How much did the boots cost that Dellarobia wears in Chapter 1?
10. In Chapter 1, Jimmy's eyes are compared to the amber glass of what?
(a) A cheap ring.
(b) A whiskey bottle.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A church window.
This section contains 3,296 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)