|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Braithwaite's Dictionary of Accepted Ideas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does Geoffrey think the most famous nineteenth century fictional depiction of a seduction occurs?
(a) Onboard a ship.
(b) In a cab of a carriage.
(c) Out in the countryside.
(d) In a bordello.
2. How did Flaubert first come to know Juliet Herbert?
(a) He met her at church.
(b) She was his mother's maid.
(c) She was governess to Flaubert's niece.
(d) She was his sister-in-law.
3. Where did Flaubert always meet Louise Colet?
(a) At Rouen.
(b) In London.
(c) In Paris.
(d) At Mantes.
4. What is Geoffrey's marital status?
(a) He is a widower.
(b) He is married.
(c) He is divorced.
(d) He is single.
5. Who was Loulou?
(a) Caroline's parrot.
(b) Elisa Schlessinger's parrot.
(c) Juliet's parrot.
(d) Felicite's parrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Geoffrey had his way, which of the following subjects would he not ban novel writers from using?
2. Who is defined as Flaubert's jailer?
3. What color are Madame Bovary's eyes, according to Geoffrey who says that they may be changed in appearance by the light?
4. What objects does Geoffrey Braithwaite, the narrator of "Flaubert's Parrot," describe in the beginning of the book?
5. What mistake in "The Lord of the Flies" does the professor from Cambridge talk about?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)