|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Case Against.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what diseases did Flaubert suffer?
(a) Epilepsy and syphilis.
(b) Diabetes and heart disease.
(c) Diabetes and epilepsy.
(d) Syphilis and diabetes.
2. What did Flaubert never do?
(a) Finish a book.
(c) Have an affair.
(d) Travel abroad.
3. What does Geoffrey learn about Ed when he meets him at the restaurant?
(a) Ed has been fired.
(b) Ed wants to donate materials to the Flaubert museums.
(c) Ed has married.
(d) Ed has lost the book he hoped to exchange with Geoffrey.
4. What tantalizes Geoffrey about Flaubert's ideas?
(a) How much Flaubert sounds like he belongs in the twentieth century.
(b) All of the unwritten works.
(c) How much Flaubert's ideas are like his own.
(d) How many more books of Flaubert's he has yet to read.
5. What defense does Geoffrey suggest against those who said Flaubert didn't involve himself in life?
(a) He says that Flaubert lived the life that would best help him write his books.
(b) He says that Flaubert cared for his children well.
(c) He says that Flaubert had many affairs.
(d) He says that Flaubert became very involved in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Geoffrey compare a work of art?
2. In the newspaper article Flaubert saved, what was the parrot trained to say?
3. According to Geoffrey, which of the following is not a reason that makes people want to know the worst?
4. What objects does Geoffrey Braithwaite, the narrator of "Flaubert's Parrot," describe in the beginning of the book?
5. What does Geoffrey do on his last day in Rouen?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)