|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Case Against.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference in time for the trip to Rouen by train for Geoffrey than it was in Flaubert's time?
(a) The trip takes about half the time.
(b) The trip takes about the same amount of time.
(c) Geoffrey wonders about the difference, but doesn't know the answer.
(d) The trip takes much longer because of all the stops.
2. Aside from the fact that the house at Croisset was big enough for him to have a study, why else was it good for Flaubert?
(a) It was small enough to discourage visitors.
(b) It was near the railroad station.
(c) It was set far off from the road.
(d) It was easily heated and stayed cool in the summer.
3. In what setting does Geoffrey think the most famous nineteenth century fictional depiction of a seduction occurs?
(a) Out in the countryside.
(b) In a bordello.
(c) Onboard a ship.
(d) In a cab of a carriage.
4. To whom were all of Flaubert's letters to Louise Colet sent through?
(a) Maxime du Camp.
(c) Flaubert's sister.
(d) Louise Colet's brother.
5. With what writer does the biographer Enid Starkie compare Flaubert?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flaubert find when he gets to the top of the Great Pyramid?
2. What does Geoffrey learn about Ed when he meets him at the restaurant?
3. What does Geoffrey hope will result from his discussion with Ed?
4. What does Geoffrey do on his last day in Rouen?
5. Flaubert's ideas in the third section of the chronology are expressed through which literary device?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)