|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Case Against.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom were all of Flaubert's letters to Louise Colet sent through?
(b) Flaubert's sister.
(c) Louise Colet's brother.
(d) Maxime du Camp.
2. Who always met Flaubert when he returned to Rouen from Mantes?
(a) His sister.
(b) Elisa Schlesinger.
(c) His mother.
(d) Maxine du Camp.
3. What mistake in "The Lord of the Flies" does the professor from Cambridge talk about?
(a) Piggy's glasses are for shortsightedness and could not have lit the fire.
(b) No one thought of fishing, yet the boys ate fish.
(c) Ralph dreams of a place he has never been and calls it home.
(d) The boys come to the island on an obsolete aircraft.
4. How long did it take Flaubert to write a novel?
(a) A few months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five to seven years.
5. Why did Geoffrey think people want to think the best about authors?
(a) People have a tendency to defend authors.
(b) People want to affirm their choice of reading material.
(c) People hope to learn truths from authors.
(d) People believe authors are somewhat like prophets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Enid Starkie make when she published her biography of Flaubert?
2. The chronology is divided into three sections, the first of which deals with which of the following?
3. How does Geoffrey defend the charge that Flaubert hated humanity?
4. Who was the owner of the dog that Flaubert took for walks and kissed?
5. With what writer does the biographer Enid Starkie compare Flaubert?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)