|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Cross Channel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Du Camp, on whom was Madame Bovary modeled?
(a) Flaubert's first mistress.
(b) The second wife of a medical officer.
(c) The village seamstress of Rouen.
(d) Flaubert's cousin.
2. Flaubert refers to himself as a bear and his sister as what animal?
(a) The alligator.
(b) The rat.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The lion.
3. When Gertrude's son-in-law, the explorer Henry Morton Stanley, was forced to get rid of his belongings during a trip, what book did he toss?
(b) The Bible.
(c) A volume of Shakespeare.
(d) "Madame Bovary."
4. Flaubert was born in what year?
5. What does Geoffrey see at the second Flaubert museum?
(a) Photographs of Flaubert's relatives.
(b) The original manuscript of Madame Bovary.
(c) Love letters written by Flaubert.
(d) Another stuffed green parrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Humbert?
2. What was the name of the greyhound that was Flaubert's final companion?
3. Geoffrey thinks that if Flaubert had not been a bear he might have been what other animal?
4. What happened to the letters?
5. Who should the author of a book be like, according to a quote Geoffrey has read?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)