|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Cross Channel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Du Camp and Flaubert do the night before climbing the Great Pyramid?
(a) They research its history.
(b) They sleep beside it.
(c) They get drunk.
(d) They take photographs.
2. Geoffrey compares biographies to what objects?
3. What mistake did Enid Starkie make when she published her biography of Flaubert?
(a) She left out the entire story of "Un couer simple" from her manuscript.
(b) She said that Flaubert's mother forbid him to become a writer.
(c) She said that Flaubert never had a mistress.
(d) She used a portrait on her first volume about Flaubert that wasn't him.
4. According to Geoffrey, what is included in Flaubert's dictionary along with a catalog of cliches and odd definitions?
(b) Farming tips.
(c) Forms for writing letters.
(d) Fake advice.
5. What was the name of the greyhound that was Flaubert's final companion?
(b) Madame Bovary.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Geoffrey read Flaubert?
2. What is Geoffrey's marital status?
3. How did Flaubert first come to know Juliet Herbert?
4. Who was Loulou?
5. When Gertrude's son-in-law, the explorer Henry Morton Stanley, was forced to get rid of his belongings during a trip, what book did he toss?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)