|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Pure Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Flaubert confess to Louise?
(a) That he no longer loved her.
(b) That he spent many hours thinking about what he would do with a million francs.
(c) That he had given up writing.
(d) That he had had many affairs.
2. From what diseases did Flaubert suffer?
(a) Diabetes and epilepsy.
(b) Diabetes and heart disease.
(c) Syphilis and diabetes.
(d) Epilepsy and syphilis.
3. Why did Louise say that she did not need Flaubert in her life?
(a) Because she was famous.
(b) Because she didn't like men.
(c) Because she was married.
(d) Because he was too old for her.
4. What was the unusual characteristic of the sheep whose owner Flaubert took to dinner?
(a) It had a human-like face.
(b) It bleated with a melody-like sound.
(c) It had five legs.
(d) It was blind.
5. In the newspaper article Flaubert saved, what was the parrot trained to say?
(a) The name of its owner's lost love.
(b) Quotes from Shakespeare.
(c) The days of the week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Geoffrey thinks that if Flaubert had not been a bear he might have been what other animal?
2. Why does Geoffrey say is about the death of writers?
3. Why does Geoffrey think that critics want to control literature?
4. What was the subject of the metaphysical novel Flaubert made plans to write?
5. In what setting does Geoffrey think the most famous nineteenth century fictional depiction of a seduction occurs?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)