|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Flaubert Apocrypha.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flaubert, who didn't believe in progress, thought that democracy made people what?
(c) Dependent on government.
2. What do Du Camp and Flaubert do the night before climbing the Great Pyramid?
(a) They sleep beside it.
(b) They get drunk.
(c) They research its history.
(d) They take photographs.
3. Why did Flaubert give up his interest in the story of Mycerinus and his sarcophagus?
(a) The mummified body he was interested may not have been Mycerinus.
(b) Flaubert found the story too troubling.
(c) Flaubert had too many other projects going at the time.
(d) The mummy was stolen from the museum.
4. When Gertrude's son-in-law, the explorer Henry Morton Stanley, was forced to get rid of his belongings during a trip, what book did he toss?
(a) A volume of Shakespeare.
(b) The Bible.
(d) "Madame Bovary."
5. The dates in the second list of the chronology include those associated with what?
(a) The deaths and failures in Flaubert's life.
(b) Flaubert's works.
(c) The influence of politics on Flaubert's life.
(d) Flaubert's childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chronology is divided into three sections, the first of which deals with which of the following?
2. What happened to the man who owned the parrot in the newspaper article?
3. Who was Caroline?
4. After Flaubert published "Madame Bovary," what did Gertrude Collier Tenant publish?
5. The third list in the chronology consists of what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)