|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Braithwaite's Dictionary of Accepted Ideas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aside from the fact that the house at Croisset was big enough for him to have a study, why else was it good for Flaubert?
(a) It was set far off from the road.
(b) It was small enough to discourage visitors.
(c) It was easily heated and stayed cool in the summer.
(d) It was near the railroad station.
2. Who was known as Flaubert's second mother?
(a) Caroline Flaubert.
(b) Elisa Schlessinger.
(c) George Sand.
(d) Louise Colet.
3. What does Geoffrey ask about disciples and their masters?
(a) Is the great writer responsible for his disciples?
(b) Should a disciple acknowledge his debt to his master?
(c) Does a master also learn from his disciples?
(d) Do all disciples receive equal treatment from a master?
4. Which of the following animals does Flaubert not include in his letter to Bouilet?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A lion.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An ostrich.
5. What happened to the man who owned the parrot in the newspaper article?
(a) He bought an aviary.
(b) He died trying to save the parrot.
(c) He wrote several stories about the parrot.
(d) He believed he had turned into a parrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Loulou?
2. In the newspaper article Flaubert saved, what was the parrot trained to say?
3. At Croisset, what was on the site of what was Flaubert's home?
4. Who always met Flaubert when he returned to Rouen from Mantes?
5. While traveling on the train to Rouen, what does Geoffrey notice about the signs?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)