Short Answer Key
1. In what year was Flatland written?
2. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
3. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
4. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
5. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
6. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
Literature and theology
7. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
8. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
The theory of relativity
9. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
They are spatial.
10. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
It is temporal.
11. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
They are well rounded.
12. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
Preface to the Second and Revised Edition, 1884
1. What does the editor say...
This section contains 2,529 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)