|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, How I Tried to Teach the Theory of Three Dimensions to My Grandson, and with What Success.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
(a) Disrespecting her
(b) Disrespecting himself
(c) Disrespecting the Chief Circle
(d) Disrespecting his grandson
2. What is a circle in Flatland?
(a) A true circle, with no sides
(b) A polygon with many sides
(c) A term for anyone higher than a woman
(d) A term for anyone higher than a triangle
3. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Squares
(b) The author's presentation of Triangles
(c) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(d) The author's presentation of Circles
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
2. Because of their education, what method of recognition is considered a serious offense?
3. What recognition method is used as a teaching tool by the stranger?
4. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
5. What does the shape claim to be?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)