|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, How I Tried to Teach the Theory of Three Dimensions to My Grandson, and with What Success.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Law of Nature?
(a) The tendency for each generation to rise in standing.
(b) The tendency for each generation to drop in standing.
(c) The tendency for each generation to remain stable over time.
(d) The tendency for any shape out of the ordinary to be killed.
2. What do those in power actually do?
(a) All things relating to government
(c) All things relating to religion
3. From which direction do women enter houses?
(c) None, as directions don't exist in Flatland
4. To what does the author compare Flatland?
(a) A piece of paper
(b) A globe
(d) A book
5. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(d) To explain misconceptions
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
2. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
3. What begins at the end of the chapter?
4. What allows this method to be possible?
5. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)