|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, How I Tried to Teach the Theory of Three Dimensions to My Grandson, and with What Success.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
(a) Edward Abbott
(b) A. Square
(c) Paul Kennedy
(d) Banesh Hoffman
2. In what year was Flatland written?
3. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
(a) The Women
(b) The Circles
(c) The Polygons
(d) The Right Triangles
4. What does A. Square say about the laws regarding irregulars?
(a) They are unsafe and create problems.
(b) They are unlikely to help society.
(c) They are for the good of society.
(d) They are brutal and unfair.
5. What does the Sphere admit at the end of the chapter?
(a) He is only a dream.
(b) He was wrong to be angry at A. Square for his questions.
(c) He is really a circle from Flatland.
(d) He was wrong, and has discovered the fourth dimension.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class is most likely to marry a woman with irregular ancestry?
2. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
3. What is the second means of recognition in Flatland?
4. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
5. What does the stranger say about the fourth dimension?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)