|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, How I Tried to Teach the Theory of Three Dimensions to My Grandson, and with What Success.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) Their status would increase.
(b) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
(c) They wanted style.
(d) They believed it would make them more attractive.
2. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(b) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(c) Because light comes from the South.
(d) Because light is always present and constant.
3. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only speak.
(b) They can only touch the woman.
(c) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(d) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
4. After the war, who is still allowed to make color?
(c) The intellectuals
(d) The Chief Circle
5. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
(b) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
(c) He rises above Flatland to describe neighboring occurrences.
(d) He drops below Flatland to describe the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
2. What is the third form of recognition in Flatland?
3. Who does A. Square decide is fit for his lesson?
4. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
5. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)