|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(b) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
(c) There could be no door for women.
(d) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
2. On what does the civilization of Flatland depend?
(a) The lower classes
(b) Regularity of shapes
(c) Irregularity of shapes
(d) The State
3. What is the Law of Nature?
(a) The tendency for any shape out of the ordinary to be killed.
(b) The tendency for each generation to remain stable over time.
(c) The tendency for each generation to drop in standing.
(d) The tendency for each generation to rise in standing.
4. What shape are nobility members?
(b) Straight lines
5. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
(a) Banesh Hoffman
(b) A. Square
(c) Edward Abbott
(d) Paul Kennedy
Short Answer Questions
1. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
2. What shape of houses is not allowed?
3. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
4. What shape are women?
5. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)