|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
2. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of the fourth dimension
(b) The theory of relativity
(c) The theory of time and space
(d) The theory of movement
3. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
(a) They are allowed to live among the lower class to provide hope.
(b) They are placed into State Hospitals.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are reshaped and adopted into higher classes.
4. What shape of houses is not allowed?
5. What is the Law of Nature?
(a) The tendency for each generation to rise in standing.
(b) The tendency for each generation to remain stable over time.
(c) The tendency for each generation to drop in standing.
(d) The tendency for any shape out of the ordinary to be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bill sought to color women and circles the same?
2. How do individuals in Lineland move?
3. What does the line claim to be?
4. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
5. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)