|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A. Square say about the laws regarding irregulars?
(a) They are unlikely to help society.
(b) They are unsafe and create problems.
(c) They are brutal and unfair.
(d) They are for the good of society.
2. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The first dimension
(b) The fifth dimension
(c) The second dimension
(d) The fourth dimension
3. What class is most likely to marry a woman with irregular ancestry?
4. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
(a) John Smith
(b) Edwin Abbott
(c) B. Triangle
(d) A. Square
5. What was one benefit to having color?
(a) Immediate recognition
(b) A brighter home
(c) More stable relationships
(d) Being more attractive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
2. What was this movement called?
3. How do the inhabitants of Lineland comprehend distance?
4. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
5. What is irregularity considered in Flatland?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)