|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
(a) The Circles
(b) The Right Triangles
(c) The Women
(d) The Polygons
2. From which direction do women enter houses?
(d) None, as directions don't exist in Flatland
3. Who was the first person to invent color?
4. What does the line claim to be?
(a) The Queen
(b) A Prince
(c) A Priest
(d) The King
5. What was this movement called?
(a) The Color War
(b) The Color Age
(c) The Color Revolt
(d) The Color Generation
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
2. How long did the color movement continue?
3. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
4. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
5. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)