|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bill sought to color women and circles the same?
(a) The Flatland Sight bill
(b) The Universal Color bill
(c) The Universal Recognition bill
(d) The Spaceland Color bill
2. What is the Law of Nature?
(a) The tendency for each generation to drop in standing.
(b) The tendency for any shape out of the ordinary to be killed.
(c) The tendency for each generation to rise in standing.
(d) The tendency for each generation to remain stable over time.
3. What was one benefit to having color?
(a) Immediate recognition
(b) More stable relationships
(c) A brighter home
(d) Being more attractive
4. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That direction should be noted in the novel.
(b) That distance should be noted in the novel.
(c) That weight should be noted in the novel.
(d) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
5. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
(b) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
(c) There could be no door for women.
(d) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
2. To what does the author compare Flatland?
3. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
4. What happens as the race of circles climbs higher in development?
5. What shape are soldiers?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)