|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and mathematics
(b) Literature and theology
(c) Literature and physics
(d) Literature and social sciences
2. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of compasses
(b) Lack of a sun
(c) Lack of a sense of direction
(d) Lack of sight
3. What allows this method to be possible?
4. On what does the civilization of Flatland depend?
(a) Regularity of shapes
(b) The lower classes
(c) Irregularity of shapes
(d) The State
5. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(a) Tight rope walkers
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
2. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
3. After the war, who is still allowed to make color?
4. Within how many generations did nearly everyone adopt color?
5. How do families rise in standing?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)