|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They are less intelligent.
(b) They cannot work.
(c) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
(d) They cannot have children.
2. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of time and space
(b) The theory of relativity
(c) The theory of the fourth dimension
(d) The theory of movement
3. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To waste time
(b) To prove the fourth dimension
(c) To entertain
(d) To instruct
4. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That direction should be noted in the novel.
(b) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
(c) That distance should be noted in the novel.
(d) That weight should be noted in the novel.
5. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
(a) The Right Triangles
(b) The Circles
(c) The Polygons
(d) The Women
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
2. Where are readers assumed to live?
3. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
4. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
5. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)