|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They died.
(b) They were successful.
(c) They went insane.
(d) They were arrested.
2. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
(a) The mouth and the hand
(b) The nose and the mouth
(c) The eye and the mouth
(d) The eye and the hand
3. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
4. What does A. Square believe the straight lines in his dream to be?
(a) Circles pretending to be women
5. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets thinner.
(d) It gets thicker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
2. After the war, who is still allowed to make color?
3. What is the primary focus of priests?
4. What happens as the race of circles climbs higher in development?
5. What effect did the end of this method have on the classes?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)