|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
(b) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
(c) Such actions result in the death of more women.
(d) Such actions result in the death of more men.
2. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
3. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
4. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) Only up and down.
(b) In a single directional line.
(c) Only right to left.
(d) They can move anywhere.
5. Why is deception not a problem in Lineland?
(a) The inhabitants cannot change their shape.
(b) The inhabitants cannot change their smell.
(c) The inhabitants cannot change their voice.
(d) The inhabitants cannot change their angles.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what class does the Law of Nature not always apply?
2. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
3. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
4. What is irregularity considered in Flatland?
5. What is a circle in Flatland?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)