|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of the fourth dimension
(b) The theory of time and space
(c) The theory of relativity
(d) The theory of movement
2. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
(a) That the author hates children.
(b) That the author hates women.
(c) That the author hates priests.
(d) That the author hates men.
3. What shape are nobility members?
(d) Straight lines
4. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
(a) There was an increase in crime.
(b) There was a decline in reproduction.
(c) There was an increase in mortality rates.
(d) There was a decline in intellectual pursuit.
5. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(b) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(c) They can only touch the woman.
(d) They can only speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
2. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
3. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
4. From which direction do women enter houses?
5. What does the shape of women prevent?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)