|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the trade man in the author's example of problems with irregular shapes?
(a) He is put into prison.
(b) He is stuck in a doorway.
(c) He is unable to move.
(d) He is killed.
2. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) Because that is what locals call it
(b) To make it easier for him to write about
(c) Because it is flat
(d) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
3. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The second dimension
(b) The first dimension
(c) The fifth dimension
(d) The fourth dimension
4. What class is most likely to marry a woman with irregular ancestry?
5. What work are irregular shapes allowed to have?
(a) Government positions
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shape of women prevent?
2. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
3. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
4. What shape are soldiers?
5. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)