|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are soldiers?
(a) Isosceles Triangles
(b) Equilateral triangles
(c) Straight lines
2. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
3. Who controls Flatland?
(a) The Men
(b) All individuals equally
(c) The Priests
(d) The Women
4. What does the line claim to be?
(a) A Priest
(b) The King
(c) The Queen
(d) A Prince
5. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(d) Social Relations
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary focus of priests?
2. What is a circle in Flatland?
3. What does the shape of women prevent?
4. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
5. What do circles do to their young?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)