|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Flatland written?
2. What shape are nobility members?
(d) Straight lines
3. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(b) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
(c) There could be no door for women.
(d) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
4. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are not interesting.
(b) They are well rounded.
(c) They are unnecessary.
(d) They are unbelievable.
5. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
(a) It is easy to confuse a square with a triangle.
(b) It is easy to confuse Isosceles triangles with Equilateral triangles.
(c) All angles feel the same.
(d) It is easy to confuse a ten-sided shape with a twelve-sided shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third form of recognition in Flatland?
2. To what does the author compare Flatland?
3. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
4. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
5. To what class does the Law of Nature not always apply?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)