|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
(a) They are similar to that of Spaceland.
(b) They are vibrant and alive.
(c) They are dull.
(d) They are similar to that of Pointland.
2. What is the primary focus of priests?
(a) Raise a family.
(b) Attend higher education.
(c) Attend to their configuration.
(d) Become involved in government.
3. What is believed to cause deviance?
(a) Lower class status
(c) Irregular shape
(d) A sense of rejection
4. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) Only up and down.
(b) In a single directional line.
(c) They can move anywhere.
(d) Only right to left.
5. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
(a) The mouth and the hand
(b) The eye and the mouth
(c) The nose and the mouth
(d) The eye and the hand
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the bill going to destroy the aristocracy?
2. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
3. The first law for women is;
4. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
5. What bill sought to color women and circles the same?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)