|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do circles do to their young?
(a) Break their frame to reshape them with more sides.
(b) Place them in boarding schools.
(c) Prepare them for higher education.
(d) Break their frame to reshape them with fewer sides.
2. How does A. Square attempt to prove he can see in Lineland?
(a) By explaining the number of each sex next to the king.
(b) By describing a circle.
(c) By explaining that he can see lines and points.
(d) By describing a straight line.
3. Where are readers assumed to live?
4. What group showed the most amazing display of color?
(c) The Military
(d) The Woman
5. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
(a) He is put into prison.
(b) He falls in love instantly.
(c) He immediately kills her.
(d) He is killed immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
2. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
3. What shape are professional men?
4. Who is Pantocyclus?
5. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)