|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(a) Tight rope walkers
2. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To waste time
(b) To prove the fourth dimension
(c) To entertain
(d) To instruct
3. What was one benefit to having color?
(a) Immediate recognition
(b) More stable relationships
(c) Being more attractive
(d) A brighter home
4. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
(a) The result will be a lack of communication.
(b) The result will be more accidents in the home.
(c) The result will be more public accidents.
(d) The result will be a lesser male intellect.
5. Who controls Flatland?
(a) The Women
(b) All individuals equally
(c) The Priests
(d) The Men
Short Answer Questions
1. What classes are able to use this method?
2. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
3. Where does A. Square first see Lineland?
4. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
5. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)