|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shape of women prevent?
(d) Spontaneous passion
2. What shape are professional men?
(b) Squares or Pentagons
(d) Equilateral or Isosceles triangles
3. What is the Law of Nature?
(a) The tendency for each generation to drop in standing.
(b) The tendency for each generation to remain stable over time.
(c) The tendency for each generation to rise in standing.
(d) The tendency for any shape out of the ordinary to be killed.
4. What is the Law of Compensation?
(a) The tendency for stronger shapes to be more intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be less intelligent.
(b) The tendency for weaker shapes to be taller, and stronger shapes to be shorter.
(c) The tendency for stronger shapes to be less intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be more intelligent.
(d) The tendency for women to be weak but intelligent, and for men to be strong but less intelligent.
5. To what does the author compare Flatland?
(a) A piece of paper
(b) A book
(d) A globe
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the civilization of Flatland depend?
2. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
3. What shape are women?
4. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
5. What bill sought to color women and circles the same?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)