|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows this method to be possible?
2. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) To make it easier for him to write about
(b) Because that is what locals call it
(c) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
(d) Because it is flat
3. In what year was Flatland written?
4. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
(a) The Circles
(b) The Polygons
(c) The Women
(d) The Right Triangles
5. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(d) To explain misconceptions
Short Answer Questions
1. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
2. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
3. How do the inhabitants of Lineland comprehend distance?
4. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
5. How long did the color movement continue?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)