|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which direction do women enter houses?
(d) None, as directions don't exist in Flatland
2. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and mathematics
(b) Literature and physics
(c) Literature and theology
(d) Literature and social sciences
3. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets thicker.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets thinner.
(d) It gets larger.
4. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) There could be no door for women.
(b) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
(c) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(d) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
5. The third law for women is:
(a) Any female found in public is immediately killed.
(b) Any female who speaks out against a man is immediately killed.
(c) Any female with involuntary actions is to be immediately killed.
(d) Any female found to be infertile is immediately killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do families rise in standing?
2. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
3. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
4. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
5. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)