|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
2. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(a) Social Relations
3. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
(a) Move south
(b) Move sideways
(c) Rise above or beneath the surface
(d) Move north
4. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The fourth dimension
(b) The second dimension
(c) The first dimension
(d) The fifth dimension
5. What shape are the middle class members?
(a) Isosceles triangles
(c) Equilateral triangles
(d) Straight lines
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
2. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
3. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
4. What is the Law of Nature?
5. What shape are women?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)