|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(b) To explain misconceptions
(c) To introduce the novel
(d) To apologize for errors and misprints
2. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(d) Tight rope walkers
3. The second law for women is:
(a) They must never be in public.
(b) They must speak when spoken to in public.
(c) They must continuously make noise when in public.
(d) They must never make a sound in public.
4. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
(a) They are placed into State Hospitals.
(b) They are reshaped and adopted into higher classes.
(c) They are allowed to live among the lower class to provide hope.
(d) They are killed.
5. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the East.
(b) Allow her to pass to the North.
(c) Allow her to pass to the West.
(d) Allow her to pass to the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
2. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
3. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
4. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
5. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)