|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Circles
(b) The author's presentation of Squares
(c) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(d) The author's presentation of Triangles
2. To what class does the Law of Nature not always apply?
(a) The Professionals
(b) The Priests
(c) The Middle Class
(d) The Tradesmen
3. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(b) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(c) Because light is always present and constant.
(d) Because light comes from the South.
4. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(b) They can only touch the woman.
(c) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(d) They can only speak.
5. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
2. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
3. What shape of houses is not allowed?
4. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
5. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)