|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes from the South.
(b) Because light is always present and constant.
(c) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(d) Because light comes only from inside houses.
2. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) Because that is what locals call it
(b) To make it easier for him to write about
(c) Because it is flat
(d) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
3. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The first dimension
(b) The second dimension
(c) The fourth dimension
(d) The fifth dimension
4. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
(a) Move north
(b) Move sideways
(c) Rise above or beneath the surface
(d) Move south
5. What shape are the middle class members?
(a) Equilateral triangles
(b) Isosceles triangles
(c) Straight lines
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
2. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
3. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
4. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
5. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)