|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(a) Triangles and Squares
(d) Straight lines
2. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
(a) Not all aspects of Flatland are meant to correspond to Spaceland.
(b) Not all aspects of Pointland are meant to correspond to Flatland.
(c) The book is to be taken literally at all times.
(d) The book is not supposed to correspond at all to reality.
3. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
(a) They are placed into State Hospitals.
(b) They are reshaped and adopted into higher classes.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are allowed to live among the lower class to provide hope.
4. What shape of houses is not allowed?
5. How do families rise in standing?
(a) Each generation is born with one new side.
(b) Each generation is educated in a more superior manner.
(c) Each generation is born with one less side.
(d) They do not; statuses are unchangeable in Flatland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
2. From which direction does rain fall?
3. The third law for women is:
4. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
5. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)