|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Law of Compensation?
(a) The tendency for women to be weak but intelligent, and for men to be strong but less intelligent.
(b) The tendency for stronger shapes to be less intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be more intelligent.
(c) The tendency for weaker shapes to be taller, and stronger shapes to be shorter.
(d) The tendency for stronger shapes to be more intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be less intelligent.
2. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are unbelievable.
(b) They are well rounded.
(c) They are not interesting.
(d) They are unnecessary.
3. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table.
(b) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(d) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
4. What does the shape of women prevent?
(a) Spontaneous passion
5. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(b) There could be no door for women.
(c) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
(d) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
2. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
3. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
4. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
5. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)