|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
(a) That the author was writing his true opinion, and has a right to his opinion.
(b) That the author was pointing out the danger of religion.
(c) That the author was defending children through irony.
(d) That the author was writing as other historians have written.
2. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Face their husbands
(b) Never leave the house
(c) Never leave their apartments
(d) Never speak to their husbands
3. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
(a) They can change into other forms.
(b) They can see further than any other form.
(c) They can make themselves invisible.
(d) They can move very quickly.
4. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
(a) Move sideways
(b) Rise above or beneath the surface
(c) Move north
(d) Move south
5. What is the Law of Nature?
(a) The tendency for each generation to rise in standing.
(b) The tendency for each generation to remain stable over time.
(c) The tendency for each generation to drop in standing.
(d) The tendency for any shape out of the ordinary to be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Equilateral children of Isosceles Triangles?
2. What shape are women?
3. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
4. From which direction does rain fall?
5. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)