|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
(b) Because it is flat
(c) Because that is what locals call it
(d) To make it easier for him to write about
2. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of the fourth dimension
(b) The theory of relativity
(c) The theory of time and space
(d) The theory of movement
3. What shape are nobility members?
(d) Straight lines
4. How do families rise in standing?
(a) Each generation is born with one new side.
(b) Each generation is educated in a more superior manner.
(c) They do not; statuses are unchangeable in Flatland.
(d) Each generation is born with one less side.
5. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
2. What is the Law of Compensation?
3. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
4. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
5. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)