|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
(a) A. Square
(b) Paul Kennedy
(c) Edward Abbott
(d) Banesh Hoffman
2. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
3. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
(b) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(c) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
(d) There could be no door for women.
4. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The fourth dimension
(b) The first dimension
(c) The second dimension
(d) The fifth dimension
5. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
2. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
3. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
4. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
5. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)