|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To instruct
(b) To prove the fourth dimension
(c) To entertain
(d) To waste time
2. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
(a) B. Triangle
(b) John Smith
(c) Edwin Abbott
(d) A. Square
3. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) An Equilateral triangle
(b) A single point
(c) A straight line
(d) A curved line
4. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
(d) Straight lines
5. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
(a) To introduce the novel
(b) To explain misconceptions
(c) To apologize for errors and misprints
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
Short Answer Questions
1. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
2. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
3. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
4. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
5. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)