|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
(a) They are unstable.
(b) They are temporal.
(c) They are spatial.
(d) They are stable.
2. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) A straight line
(b) A single point
(c) An Equilateral triangle
(d) A curved line
3. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) To make it easier for him to write about
(b) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
(c) Because it is flat
(d) Because that is what locals call it
4. What happens to Equilateral children of Isosceles Triangles?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are taken away and given to Equilateral parents.
(c) They are cherished as the highest member of the Isosceles family.
(d) They are looked down upon.
5. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of relativity
(b) The theory of the fourth dimension
(c) The theory of movement
(d) The theory of time and space
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
2. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
3. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
4. What shape of houses is not allowed?
5. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)