|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the West.
(b) Allow her to pass to the South.
(c) Allow her to pass to the North.
(d) Allow her to pass to the East.
2. How do families rise in standing?
(a) Each generation is born with one new side.
(b) Each generation is born with one less side.
(c) They do not; statuses are unchangeable in Flatland.
(d) Each generation is educated in a more superior manner.
3. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(b) Tight rope walkers
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in the death of more women.
(b) Such actions result in the death of more men.
(c) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
(d) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
2. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
3. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
4. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
5. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)