|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in the death of more women.
(b) Such actions result in the death of more men.
(c) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
(d) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
2. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
(a) They are temporal.
(b) They are unstable.
(c) They are spatial.
(d) They are stable.
3. What shape of houses is not allowed?
4. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light is always present and constant.
(b) Because light comes from the South.
(c) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(d) Because light comes only from inside houses.
5. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The second dimension
(b) The fourth dimension
(c) The first dimension
(d) The fifth dimension
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
2. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
3. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
4. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
5. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)