|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
2. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never leave the house
(b) Never leave their apartments
(c) Never speak to their husbands
(d) Face their husbands
3. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To explain misconceptions
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
4. The third law for women is:
(a) Any female found to be infertile is immediately killed.
(b) Any female found in public is immediately killed.
(c) Any female with involuntary actions is to be immediately killed.
(d) Any female who speaks out against a man is immediately killed.
5. What shape of houses is not allowed?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the author compare Flatland?
2. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
3. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
4. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
5. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)