Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
(a) They are similar to that of Pointland.
(b) They are vibrant and alive.
(c) They are dull.
(d) They are similar to that of Spaceland.
2. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
(a) The nose and the mouth
(b) The eye and the mouth
(c) The eye and the hand
(d) The mouth and the hand
3. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
(a) That the author hates men.
(b) That the author hates priests.
(c) That the author hates children.
(d) That the author hates women.
4. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
(a) Marriage doesn't happen in Lineland.
(b) When a woman's voice matches with that of two men.
(c) When two individuals fall in love.
(d) When a man's voice matches with that of two women.
5. What does the wife originally believe the shape that appears in the house is?
(a) A square
(b) A circle
(c) A woman
(d) A triangle
Short Answer Questions
1. Within how many generations did nearly everyone adopt color?
2. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
3. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)