|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
(a) They are very smart.
(b) They have three pointed sides.
(c) They are pointed on both ends.
(d) They are very strong.
2. What shape of houses is not allowed?
3. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To explain misconceptions
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
4. Where are readers assumed to live?
5. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
(a) There was a decline in reproduction.
(b) There was an increase in crime.
(c) There was an increase in mortality rates.
(d) There was a decline in intellectual pursuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
2. What does the line claim to be?
3. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
4. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
5. What does A. Square point out about the King's space?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)