|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He rises above Flatland to describe neighboring occurrences.
(b) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
(c) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
(d) He drops below Flatland to describe the ground.
2. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They taxed them until they stopped asking questions.
(b) They told them the light was from God.
(c) They prohibited the question entirely.
(d) They sent those who questioned to prison.
3. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) A single point
(b) An Equilateral triangle
(c) A curved line
(d) A straight line
4. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only touch the woman.
(b) They can only speak.
(c) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(d) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
5. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To explain misconceptions
(c) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(d) To introduce the novel
Short Answer Questions
1. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
2. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
3. What shape of houses is not allowed?
4. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
5. After the war, who is still allowed to make color?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)