|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They cannot have children.
(b) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
(c) They are less intelligent.
(d) They cannot work.
2. From which direction do women enter houses?
(d) None, as directions don't exist in Flatland
3. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
(a) Banesh Hoffman
(b) Paul Kennedy
(c) A. Square
(d) Edward Abbott
4. What does A. Square say about true space?
(a) It is a circle.
(b) It is a plane.
(c) It is a square.
(d) It is a line.
5. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the East.
(b) Allow her to pass to the West.
(c) Allow her to pass to the North.
(d) Allow her to pass to the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third law for women is:
2. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
3. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
4. What is the second means of recognition in Flatland?
5. What effect did the end of this method have on the classes?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)