|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) Only right to left.
(b) Only up and down.
(c) In a single directional line.
(d) They can move anywhere.
2. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
(b) Such actions result in the death of more women.
(c) Such actions result in the death of more men.
(d) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
3. What does the shape of women prevent?
(d) Spontaneous passion
4. What fear does the stranger have as A. Square calls for help?
(a) That others will see the Third Dimension.
(b) The others will imprison him.
(c) The others will kill him.
(d) The others will not believe him.
5. What did Pantocyclus tell the workmen they would have to accept?
(a) Their ambitions for military work would be abolished.
(b) Their ambitions for public office would be abolished.
(c) Their ambitions for priesthood would be abolished.
(d) Their ambitions for higher classes would be abolished.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the color movement continue?
2. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
3. What method of recognition is considered illegal?
4. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
5. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)