|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(b) Triangles and Squares
(c) Straight lines
2. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
(a) Because if it were, no one would be God.
(b) Because if it were, everyone in Flatland would be a God.
(c) Because God's do not exist.
(d) Because if it were, the criminals of Spaceland would be the Gods of Flatland.
3. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
(a) He will kill him.
(b) He will take him to Spaceland.
(c) He will take him to Pointland.
(d) He will take him to Lineland.
4. What is the third form of recognition in Flatland?
5. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets thinner.
(d) It gets thicker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pantocyclus tell the workmen they would have to accept?
2. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
3. How is the regularity of women monitored?
4. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
5. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)