|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A. Square point out about the King's space?
(a) It is a circle.
(b) It is a square.
(c) It is a line.
(d) It is a plane.
2. Why is deception not a problem in Lineland?
(a) The inhabitants cannot change their shape.
(b) The inhabitants cannot change their smell.
(c) The inhabitants cannot change their voice.
(d) The inhabitants cannot change their angles.
3. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
(a) The stranger has no shape.
(b) The stranger has many angles.
(c) The stranger has no angles.
(d) The stranger is a straight line.
4. What does the State do with smaller angle specimens used for teaching tools?
(a) They are paid well.
(b) They are not fed, and thus killed.
(c) They are used as food for higher angle specimens.
(d) They are dissected.
5. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) His size and brightness change.
(b) He is a square.
(c) He is a criminal.
(d) His color changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
2. What was one benefit to having color?
3. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
4. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
5. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)