|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(b) Triangles and Squares
(d) Straight lines
2. What does A. Square point out about the King's space?
(a) It is a square.
(b) It is a circle.
(c) It is a plane.
(d) It is a line.
3. To what does the author compare Flatland?
(a) A book
(b) A piece of paper
(c) A globe
4. Who is Pantocyclus?
(a) The young woman's father
(b) A. Square's father
(c) The leader of the lower class
(d) The Chief Circle
5. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
(a) The Fourth dimension
(b) The Second dimension
(c) The First dimension
(d) The Third dimension
Short Answer Questions
1. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
2. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
3. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
4. What classes are able to use this method?
5. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)