|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(b) Straight lines
(c) Triangles and Squares
2. What classes are able to use this method?
(a) Only circles
(b) All classes
(c) Upper classes
(d) Lower classes
3. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
(a) Edward Abbott
(b) A. Square
(c) Paul Kennedy
(d) Banesh Hoffman
4. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They taxed them until they stopped asking questions.
(b) They told them the light was from God.
(c) They prohibited the question entirely.
(d) They sent those who questioned to prison.
5. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They went insane.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They died.
(d) They were successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
2. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
3. Where are readers assumed to live?
4. The first law for women is;
5. Who is Pantocyclus?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)