|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear does the stranger have as A. Square calls for help?
(a) The others will kill him.
(b) The others will imprison him.
(c) The others will not believe him.
(d) That others will see the Third Dimension.
2. How does A. Square attack the stranger?
(a) With a knife
(b) With his hands
(c) With a gun
(d) With his hardest right angle
3. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
(b) He believes the stranger is his boss.
(c) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
(d) He believes the stranger is a king.
4. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(c) To introduce the novel
(d) To explain misconceptions
5. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets thicker.
(c) It gets smaller.
(d) It gets thinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
2. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
3. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
4. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
5. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)