|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes from the South.
(b) Because light is always present and constant.
(c) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(d) Because light comes only from inside houses.
2. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
(b) Because it is flat
(c) To make it easier for him to write about
(d) Because that is what locals call it
3. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
(a) He will take him to Lineland.
(b) He will kill him.
(c) He will take him to Pointland.
(d) He will take him to Spaceland.
4. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They cannot have children.
(b) They are less intelligent.
(c) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
(d) They cannot work.
5. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(c) Triangles and Squares
(d) Straight lines
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
2. What allows this method to be possible?
3. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
4. What is A. Square's first impression of Spaceland.
5. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)