|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) They wanted style.
(b) Their status would increase.
(c) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
(d) They believed it would make them more attractive.
2. What group showed the most amazing display of color?
(b) The Military
(d) The Woman
3. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
(a) Because if it were, the criminals of Spaceland would be the Gods of Flatland.
(b) Because if it were, no one would be God.
(c) Because God's do not exist.
(d) Because if it were, everyone in Flatland would be a God.
4. Where does A. Square first see Lineland?
(a) In a dream
(b) In a book
(c) In a movie
(d) In his reflection
5. The third law for women is:
(a) Any female who speaks out against a man is immediately killed.
(b) Any female with involuntary actions is to be immediately killed.
(c) Any female found to be infertile is immediately killed.
(d) Any female found in public is immediately killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
2. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
3. At the end of the chapter, what does A. Square hear that the Council does to individuals who speak of the Third dimension?
4. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
5. Because of their education, what method of recognition is considered a serious offense?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)