|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
(a) Rise above or beneath the surface
(b) Move south
(c) Move sideways
(d) Move north
2. What fear does the stranger have as A. Square calls for help?
(a) The others will not believe him.
(b) The others will kill him.
(c) That others will see the Third Dimension.
(d) The others will imprison him.
3. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They sent those who questioned to prison.
(b) They prohibited the question entirely.
(c) They told them the light was from God.
(d) They taxed them until they stopped asking questions.
4. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(b) The author's presentation of Squares
(c) The author's presentation of Circles
(d) The author's presentation of Triangles
5. From which direction does rain fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square believe the straight lines in his dream to be?
2. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
3. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
4. How was the bill going to destroy the aristocracy?
5. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)