|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, How the Stranger Vainly Endeavored to Reveal to Me in Words the Mysteries of Spaceland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ended the women's support of the bill?
(a) The attack of a young woman by a Circle pretending to be a lower class shape
(b) The attack of a young woman by an Right Triangle pretending to be a higher class shape
(c) The attack of a young woman by an Isosceles pretending to be a higher class shape.
(d) The attack of a young woman by a Square pretending to be a higher class shape
2. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Move their heads with rhythm
(b) Dance with rhythm
(c) Sing with rhythm
(d) Move their backsides with rhythm
3. How long did the color movement continue?
(a) One year
(b) Three years
(c) Four years
(d) Two years
4. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
(b) He believes the stranger is a king.
(c) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
(d) He believes the stranger is his boss.
5. Who is Pantocyclus?
(a) The young woman's father
(b) A. Square's father
(c) The leader of the lower class
(d) The Chief Circle
Short Answer Questions
1. What directions are A. Square unable to grasp?
2. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
3. After the war, who is still allowed to make color?
4. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
5. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)