|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, How the Stranger Vainly Endeavored to Reveal to Me in Words the Mysteries of Spaceland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
(a) The eye and the mouth
(b) The mouth and the hand
(c) The eye and the hand
(d) The nose and the mouth
2. The second law for women is:
(a) They must continuously make noise when in public.
(b) They must never be in public.
(c) They must never make a sound in public.
(d) They must speak when spoken to in public.
3. The third law for women is:
(a) Any female with involuntary actions is to be immediately killed.
(b) Any female found in public is immediately killed.
(c) Any female found to be infertile is immediately killed.
(d) Any female who speaks out against a man is immediately killed.
4. Who is Pantocyclus?
(a) The leader of the lower class
(b) The Chief Circle
(c) A. Square's father
(d) The young woman's father
5. What directions are A. Square unable to grasp?
(a) Right and Left
(b) East and West
(c) Up and Down
(d) North and South
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
2. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
3. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
4. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
5. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)