|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, How the Stranger Vainly Endeavored to Reveal to Me in Words the Mysteries of Spaceland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pantocyclus?
(a) A. Square's father
(b) The Chief Circle
(c) The young woman's father
(d) The leader of the lower class
2. The first law for women is;
(a) They must enter houses on the West side.
(b) They must enter houses on the North side.
(c) They must enter houses on the South side.
(d) They must enter houses on the East side.
3. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is a king.
(b) He believes the stranger is his boss.
(c) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
(d) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
4. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
(a) They have three pointed sides.
(b) They are very strong.
(c) They are very smart.
(d) They are pointed on both ends.
5. The second law for women is:
(a) They must speak when spoken to in public.
(b) They must never make a sound in public.
(c) They must continuously make noise when in public.
(d) They must never be in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
2. What ended the women's support of the bill?
3. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
4. What directions are A. Square unable to grasp?
5. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)