|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, How the Stranger Vainly Endeavored to Reveal to Me in Words the Mysteries of Spaceland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never speak to their husbands
(b) Never leave their apartments
(c) Never leave the house
(d) Face their husbands
2. What does A. Square do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Leaves the room.
(b) Attacks the stranger.
(d) Understands the lesson.
3. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) His size and brightness change.
(c) He is a square.
(d) His color changes.
4. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
(a) They can change into other forms.
(b) They can move very quickly.
(c) They can see further than any other form.
(d) They can make themselves invisible.
5. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Move their backsides with rhythm
(b) Move their heads with rhythm
(c) Dance with rhythm
(d) Sing with rhythm
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
2. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
3. What does the shape of women prevent?
4. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
5. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)