|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, How the Stranger Vainly Endeavored to Reveal to Me in Words the Mysteries of Spaceland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ended the women's support of the bill?
(a) The attack of a young woman by a Circle pretending to be a lower class shape
(b) The attack of a young woman by an Isosceles pretending to be a higher class shape.
(c) The attack of a young woman by a Square pretending to be a higher class shape
(d) The attack of a young woman by an Right Triangle pretending to be a higher class shape
2. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
(a) The First dimension
(b) The Third dimension
(c) The Fourth dimension
(d) The Second dimension
3. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in the death of more women.
(b) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
(c) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
(d) Such actions result in the death of more men.
4. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is a king.
(b) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
(c) He believes the stranger is his boss.
(d) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
5. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) He is a square.
(c) His color changes.
(d) His size and brightness change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square do at the end of the chapter?
2. What does the shape of women prevent?
3. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
4. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
5. What directions are A. Square unable to grasp?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)