|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, How the Stranger Vainly Endeavored to Reveal to Me in Words the Mysteries of Spaceland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pantocyclus?
(a) The young woman's father
(b) The Chief Circle
(c) The leader of the lower class
(d) A. Square's father
2. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Sing with rhythm
(b) Move their backsides with rhythm
(c) Dance with rhythm
(d) Move their heads with rhythm
3. After the war, who is still allowed to make color?
(c) The Chief Circle
(d) The intellectuals
4. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
(a) The stranger has no angles.
(b) The stranger has many angles.
(c) The stranger is a straight line.
(d) The stranger has no shape.
5. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in the death of more women.
(b) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
(c) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
(d) Such actions result in the death of more men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second law for women is:
2. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
3. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
4. What did Pantocyclus tell the workmen they would have to accept?
5. What directions are A. Square unable to grasp?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)