|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, How the Stranger Vainly Endeavored to Reveal to Me in Words the Mysteries of Spaceland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is a king.
(b) He believes the stranger is his boss.
(c) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
(d) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
2. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
(a) He immediately kills her.
(b) He is put into prison.
(c) He falls in love instantly.
(d) He is killed immediately.
3. What did Pantocyclus tell the workmen they would have to accept?
(a) Their ambitions for military work would be abolished.
(b) Their ambitions for higher classes would be abolished.
(c) Their ambitions for public office would be abolished.
(d) Their ambitions for priesthood would be abolished.
4. What ended the women's support of the bill?
(a) The attack of a young woman by an Isosceles pretending to be a higher class shape.
(b) The attack of a young woman by a Circle pretending to be a lower class shape
(c) The attack of a young woman by an Right Triangle pretending to be a higher class shape
(d) The attack of a young woman by a Square pretending to be a higher class shape
5. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) His size and brightness change.
(c) He is a square.
(d) His color changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square do at the end of the chapter?
2. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
3. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
4. How long did the color movement continue?
5. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)