|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Judy say is sending thugs after Flashman?
2. What does Elspeth say Flashman is flush with when she sees him in the garden?
3. What position does Flashman field?
4. What kills Flashman's attacker?
5. Which of the following words does Elspeth attribute to her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Haslam talk about with Morrison?
2. Why does Flashman think Elspeth will be okay with Haslam?
3. Describe Elspeth's character.
4. How does Flashman show his animosity towards Christianity?
5. Why does Flashman decide to accompany Elspeth and Haslam?
6. What does Flashman have to lose if he loses the cricket match?
7. What does Elspeth's diary entry show about her character?
8. How does Haslam knock Flash unconscious?
9. Why is cricket now only suitable for old women?
10. How does Whampoa contribute to Flashman's nightmare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Fraser develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1840s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the book express the changes Britain was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1840s Britain?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Fraser portray 1840s society as inhumane? ? How aer ideas of humanity different today than they were in the 1840s? How would Flashman view today's idea of humanity?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)