|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman compare to the inside of the main palace?
(a) An English castle.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) An American mansion.
(d) A Gothic cathedral.
2. What country is eager for Prince Rakota to rule them?
3. What country controls Mauritius?
4. Who did Queen Ranavalona murder to take the throne?
(a) The military generals.
(b) THe guards.
(c) The government.
(d) Her relatives.
5. What is the color of Elspeth's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Queen do to Flashman's predecessor?
2. Where does Flashman briefly reunite with Flashman?
3. Who does Laborde say he will speak to about Elspeth?
4. What does Fankanonikaka say he doctored to help Flashman vomit?
5. What do spies report two days after the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does J.B. say pirates are not necessarily criminals in Asia?
2. How do the Queen's men treat Flashman when they first catch him?
3. How does Laborde help Flashman in Chapter 9?
4. Why is Flashman suspicious everyone is treating him so well?
5. How does Flashman react when J.B. asks him to storm the fort?
6. How does Flashman dodge Elspeth's question about Mrs. Lade?
7. How does the Prince want Flashman to help him in Chapter 11?
8. What does Flashman teach Queen Ranalova in Chapter 9?
9. What sacrifice does Paintingi make in Chapter 7?
10. Why does Haslam say he kidnapped Elspeth?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)