|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Flashman's pursuit of the Asian girl?
2. What does Flashman do with Laborde's note after he finishes reading it?
(a) Puts it at the bottom of his shoe.
(b) Feeds it to the dogs.
(c) Swallows it.
(d) Throws it away.
3. What country controls Mauritius?
4. What do spies report two days after the battle?
(a) Flashman is a coward.
(b) The Sulu Queen is 20 miles away.
(c) Haslam has turned towards Europe.
(d) Elspeth has escaped.
5. In what state do the junior officers march to Ankay?
(a) Hung over.
(b) Half starved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a Hova Platton drag Flashman?
2. What are flakes of tanguin stone shaved off onto?
3. Who did Queen Ranavalona murder to take the throne?
4. How does Paitingi almost capsize his boat?
5. Who does Laborde say he will speak to about Elspeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flashman teach Queen Ranalova in Chapter 9?
2. Describe the setting in Chapter 9.
3. Why does J.B. say pirates are not necessarily criminals in Asia?
4. How does J.B. execute the two pirates?
5. Summarize Chapter 12.
6. How does the Prince want Flashman to help him in Chapter 11?
7. What does Flashman think about Elspeth in Chapter 6?
8. How do the Queen's men treat Flashman when they first catch him?
9. Why does the author tell the story from the first point of view?
10. Why does Haslam say he kidnapped Elspeth?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)