|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flashman cautious of Laborde?
(a) He is an enemy of Britain.
(b) He has no reason to help him.
(c) He never opens up.
(d) He is attracted to Elspeth.
2. Where do the people have sex during the Queen's party?
(a) The dancefloor.
(b) The shubbery.
(c) The basement.
(d) The trees.
3. Where does a Hova Platton drag Flashman?
(a) The torture chamber.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The gallery.
(d) The drawing room.
4. Why can't Flashman visit Elspeth?
(a) He is an important military advisor.
(b) He is too ill.
(c) He is the Queen's plaything.
(d) He can't leave the palace.
5. What does Flashman do with Laborde's note after he finishes reading it?
(a) Swallows it.
(b) Puts it at the bottom of his shoe.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Feeds it to the dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does J.B. order to go ahead of the spyboat?
2. What do the pirates shoot at the crews?
3. What does Fankanonikaka give Flashman to drink?
4. What is Elspeth dressed in when she greets Flashman?
5. What song does Flashman play on the piano?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting in Chapter 12.
2. Why does Haslam say he kidnapped Elspeth?
3. What does Elspeth write in her dairy in Chapter 9?
4. How does the Prince want Flashman to help him in Chapter 11?
5. How does J.B. execute the two pirates?
6. Why is Flashman suspicious everyone is treating him so well?
7. How do the Queen's men treat Flashman when they first catch him?
8. Describe the setting in Chapter 9.
9. How does Flashman react when J.B. asks him to storm the fort?
10. Why does the author tell the story from the first point of view?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)