|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Haslam get Flashman out first ball?
(a) He bowls him.
(b) He stumps him.
(c) He injures him.
(d) He catches him.
2. Why does Elspeth think Flashman is coming on the cruise with her?
(a) To set up a business.
(b) To get a holiday.
(c) To show his devotion.
(d) To escape Tighe.
3. What does Flashman trip over as he runs away?
(a) A money box.
(b) A handcart.
(c) A dog.
(d) An applecart.
4. Where does Morrison suggest he and Haslam build a business?
(d) Eastern Europe.
5. Who catches Flshman out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Flash say he fails to play after his wife disappears?
2. Where does Elspeth meet the Chinese Aladdin?
3. What is the name of J.B.'s bungalow?
4. How does the pirate say he does not want to be killed?
5. Where is Flashman invited to play cricket in the second chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman recover from his ordeal?
2. Why is cricket now only suitable for old women?
3. What new characters does Flashman meet after he recovers consciousness?
4. How does Haslam knock Flash unconscious?
5. Describe J.B.
6. Describe Elspeth's character.
7. What do Flashman and Elspeth do once they arrive in Singapore?
8. How does Whampoa contribute to Flashman's nightmare?
9. Summarize Chapter 2.
10. Why do Moses and Whampoa blame themselves for Elspeth's kidnapping?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)