|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elspeth think Flashman is coming on the cruise with her?
(a) To show his devotion.
(b) To get a holiday.
(c) To escape Tighe.
(d) To set up a business.
2. Where is Flashman invited to play cricket in the second chapter?
(c) The Oval.
3. What sport is Haslam teaching Elspeth in this section?
4. Who does Flashman meet during an evening walk in Chapter 2?
5. What does Elspeth say Flashman is flush with when she sees him in the garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman think Haslam is mad for giving up?
2. Who does J.B. say he admires for her enlightened opinions?
3. Who sees Flashman having sex with with Mrs. Lade?
4. Who tends to the injured Flashman?
5. How does Flashman describe Angie Coutts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elspeth say in her diary in Chapter 2?
2. What does Elspeth think of Haslam?
3. How does Whampoa contribute to Flashman's nightmare?
4. Why is cricket now only suitable for old women?
5. Why does Flashman decide to accompany Elspeth and Haslam?
6. What does Elspeth say in her diary in Chapter 1?
7. Summarize Chapter 2.
8. What does Elspeth's diary entry show about her character?
9. How does Haslam prove not to be the Eton gentleman Flashman first thought he was?
10. Why do Moses and Whampoa blame themselves for Elspeth's kidnapping?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)