|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Haslam say they will need the ten guns the ship is carrying?
(a) When they reach the Indian Ocean.
(b) The African coast.
(c) The waters where British navies are sparse.
(d) When they reach the Asian warzone.
2. Who does Haslam invite with him to Asia?
3. Who does Flashman say he has to watch out for during his time in London?
4. Where is it now dangerous for Flashman to walk at night?
(a) The local parks.
(c) The New Forest.
5. What is the name of the old Duke's lover?
(a) Mrs. Elspeth Flashman.
(b) Mrs. Leo Lade.
(c) Mrs. Lynn Brown.
(d) Mrs. Paula Tighe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman think Haslam is mad for giving up?
2. Who does Haslam invite to Asia after Flashman declines his offer?
3. What is the name of the bowler who terrorizes Flashman for three balls?
4. What kind of bowling does Flashman discuss with Haslam?
5. Where does Morrison suggest he and Haslam build a business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elspeth do when Haslam allows her aboard his ship?
2. How does J.B. rescue Flashman?
3. Why is cricket now only suitable for old women?
4. How does Flashman show his animosity towards Christianity?
5. How does Whampoa contribute to Flashman's nightmare?
6. What does Haslam talk about with Morrison?
7. What does Elspeth say in her diary in Chapter 1?
8. Describe Flashman's relationship with Old Morrison.
9. What does Elspeth's diary entry show about her character?
10. Describe Elspeth's character.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)