|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flashman cautious of Laborde?
(a) He never opens up.
(b) He is attracted to Elspeth.
(c) He is an enemy of Britain.
(d) He has no reason to help him.
2. What does Flashman do with Laborde's note after he finishes reading it?
(a) Feeds it to the dogs.
(b) Swallows it.
(c) Puts it at the bottom of his shoe.
(d) Throws it away.
3. What do J.B. and his men attack on the third day?
4. Who does Paitingi think is preparing a trap for them?
(a) Government officials.
5. What does Muller disappear into?
(a) A forest.
(b) A jungle.
(c) A desert.
(d) A palace.
6. Who wants to be the new king of Madagascar?
7. In what state do the junior officers march to Ankay?
(c) Hung over.
(d) Half starved.
8. What song does Flashman sing at the dinner party?
(a) I Serve Myself.
(b) Funny Business,
(c) Rule Britannia.
(d) Drink, Puppy,Drink.
9. What is Queen Ranavalona watching while Flashman is visiting his wife?
(a) A wrestling match.
(b) A play.
(c) A bullfight.
(d) A gladiator fight.
10. Who does Fankanoikaka fear is eavesdropping?
11. What does Elspeth say she is determined to uphold?
(a) Her love for Flashman.
(b) England's justice.
(c) Her virtue.
(d) England's honor.
12. Who do the men want Flashman to send on a march?
(a) The Hova guards.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The Jehova guards.
(d) The Queen's guards.
13. What does Flashman insist he is to Haslam?
(a) A British hero.
(b) A good person.
(c) A devoted husband.
(d) A lowly coward.
14. Who has rescued Flashman?
15. What does the note say that Laborde hands to Flashman?
(a) Elspeth is safe.
(b) You will be hung.
(c) The chocolate cake is poisoned.
(d) Don't fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Flashman has sex with in the bushes?
2. Who resents Flashman mounting the queen?
3. Where do the men want Flashman to send the Hova guards to?
4. What country is eager for Prince Rakota to rule them?
5. What kind of material is a tanguin?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)