|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elspeth think Flashman is coming on the cruise with her?
(a) To get a holiday.
(b) To set up a business.
(c) To show his devotion.
(d) To escape Tighe.
2. Where does Flashman go to watch a hanging?
(a) Newgate prison.
(b) Wandsworth prison.
(c) Aylesbury prison.
(d) Brixton prison.
3. Who does J.B. say he admires for her enlightened opinions?
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Angie Coutts.
4. Who does Haslam offer to introduce Flashman to?
5. How does Whampoa describe beauty?
(a) As a wonder.
(b) As dangerous.
(c) As evil.
(d) As heavenly.
6. What kind of accent does Paitingi Ali have?
7. Who does Haslam invite to Asia after Flashman declines his offer?
(a) Elspeth and Morrison.
(b) Brown and Mynn.
(c) Leo and Formby.
(d) Felix and Smith.
8. Where is Flashman invited to play cricket in the second chapter?
(b) The Oval.
9. What role does Flash say he fails to play after his wife disappears?
(a) The British gentleman.
(b) The brave soldier.
(c) The distraught husband.
(d) The lost sheep.
10. What does Haslam say the Madagascan queen does to people for pleasure?
(a) Banishes them.
(b) Robs them.
(c) Tortures them.
(d) Kills them.
11. What troubles Flashman about the ship crew?
(a) No one looks at him.
(b) They wear masks.
(c) They carry weapons.
(d) No one is white.
12. Where does Elspeth meet the Chinese Aladdin?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A Sushi restaurant.
(c) A Buddhist temple.
(d) A Chinese banquet.
13. What does Elspeth say Flashman is flush with when she sees him in the garden?
14. What has the doctor prescribed for Morrison?
15. Who sees Flashman having sex with with Mrs. Lade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant does Haslam recommend to Flashman?
2. Where does J.B think Haslam is heading?
3. Where does Flashman say he will meet up with Haslam and Elspeth?
4. What is the name of the ship Flashman travels on to Asia?
5. What position does Flashman field?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)