|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flash say Brown acted in victory?
2. How does Flash describe Messervey?
3. Like what does Brown tell his son to die?
4. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
5. To whom is Colonel Washington related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brown rent out a farmhouse?
2. How do the people react to Brown's death?
3. How does Seward persuade Flash to assist the American government?
4. What does Douglass think of Brown's plan?
5. What does Flash hear Brown saying at the beginning of the section?
6. How do things change for the worse for Brown and his men?
7. What does Flash remember about Brown at the farmhouse?
8. What are Kagi's last words?
9. Why does Flash wish Seward had become President?
10. What wild stories does Flash hear about Brown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems exist between the North and South? How different are the northern and southern cultures? How have the North and South tried to resolve their problems? What is the current relationship between the northern and southern states?
Essay Topic 2
What skills does Flashman show as a soldier and a spy? Why does he downplay his skills and achievements?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following historical characters and discuss Flashman's opinion of them and why he holds that opinion.
1. William Seward.
2. Abraham Lincoln.
3. John Brown.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)