|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sword does Brown carry into battle?
2. Who is considered the arch agitator?
3. To whom does Seward threaten to betray Flashman?
4. What does Brown do when morale plunges?
5. What does Brown say he wishes he had studied?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown act when they first raid the town?
2. How does Flash react to the violence he sees at the end of the section.
3. What information does Messervy give Flash about Brown?
4. What does Douglass think of Brown's plan?
5. What does Flash remember about Brown at the farmhouse?
6. What suggestions does Flash make to Brown in this section?
7. How has Joe changed in this section?
8. What are Kagi's last words?
9. What does Flash think of Kagi?
10. How does Messervy reassure Flash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What meaning does it give the story that Kuklos and all of the group's members have Greek names? Choose one of the Greek names and discuss its significance in context of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Underground Railroad? How important was it to the abolitionist movement? How accurate is Fraser's representation of the group? How does he change his representation to fit the story?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)