|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashy say is the beauty of a martyr's crown?
2. Who does Flashy panic at the thought of having to face?
3. What does Flashy say he would like to do to Spring's daughter?
4. Where does Flashy first try to get help?
5. What does Joe tell Flashy to do once Flashy is on the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Flash' s previous adventures in America.
2. What does Pinkerton want Flash to do before he allows him to see the British consul?
3. How does Flash escape Crixus?
4. How does Miranda shock Flash in this section?
5. Why is Flash not happy to see Spring?
6. What is Flash's opinion of slavery?
7. Why is Flash scared of the Kuklos?
8. Why does Joe say he is happy staying as a slave?
9. What are Flash's view on America in this section?
10. Who is Flashman's alias, Comber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Flashman's character to the person he is at the beginning of the book to the one he is at the end.
1. What does Flashman hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events change Flashman's ideas about life?
3. How does Flashman's character change by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Spring want to exact revenge against Flashman? How does Spring work on Flashman's weaknesses to exact his revenge?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following historical characters and discuss Flashman's opinion of them and why he holds that opinion.
1. William Seward.
2. Abraham Lincoln.
3. John Brown.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)