|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what state does Crixus say Flashy needs to know before he understands John Brown?
2. Who does Flashy have to pretend to be when he is in Crixus's company?
3. Where does Miranda amaze Flashy with her sexual prowess?
4. With what famous literature character did Flashy go to school?
5. Why is Atropos so important to the Kuklos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flash turn down Pinkerton's offer?
2. How does Flash know Crixus?
3. How does Flash know Annette?
4. Who is Allan Pinkerton?
5. Why does Flashman start telling a story about John Brown?
6. What does Atropos think will happen after the 1860 elections?
7. Who is Flashman's alias, Comber?
8. Why does Joe say he is happy staying as a slave?
9. What does Annette reveal to Flash about Atropos?
10. What does Atropos tell Flash about the Kuklos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Underground Railroad? How important was it to the abolitionist movement? How accurate is Fraser's representation of the group? How does he change his representation to fit the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are Brown's strengths and weaknesses as a leader? How does he persuade people to follow him so fanatically?
Essay Topic 3
How accurate do the students think is the author's representation of events proceeding the Civil War? What changes did the author make to make the story more entertaining?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)