|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flash wishes he looked less like what?
2. Who is Annette pretending to be?
3. What nationality was Frederick the Great?
4. How does Flashy know the woman in the salon?
5. With whom do the men in white hoods want Flash to enlist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flashman start telling a story about John Brown?
2. What does Atropos tell Flash about the Kuklos?
3. Why does Flash decide he has no choice but to play along with Crixus?
4. What does Spring say he has arranged for Flash?
5. What does Annette reveal to Flash about Atropos?
6. How does Flash escape Crixus?
7. What childhood memory is Flash reminded of at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
8. How does Flash identify the agents in the dining room?
9. What is Flash's opinion of slavery?
10. Who is Flashman's alias, Comber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical characters and discuss Flashman's opinion of them and why he holds that opinion.
1. William Seward.
2. Abraham Lincoln.
3. John Brown.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following statements relating to the book and use it to write a 500 word critical essay.
1. There was no way out of the American Civil War and it was necessary for the country to move ahead.
2. Religious fanaticism has been the root of many of America's problems.
3. Slavery and the Civil War would not have happened if America had not become independent from Britain.
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Flashman's narrative be described as unreliable? Is this always the case with first person point of view? How does Fraser use the first person point of view to create meaning?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)