|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miranda invite Flashy while her father is away?
2. When does Flashy say John Brown's eyes lit up?
3. How does Flashy know the woman in the salon?
4. Why is it dangerous for the government to arrest Brown?
5. What does Flashy say Eslpeth will give him when he takes the children back covered in dirt and toffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flash escape Crixus?
2. Why does Flash decide he has no choice but to play along with Crixus?
3. How does Flash know Crixus?
4. How does Flashman manage to preserve his reputation in this section?
5. Why does Flash say he was impressed with Lincoln when they met?
6. How does Flash know Annette?
7. What does Atropos think will happen after the 1860 elections?
8. What is Flashman's view on New York women?
9. What is Flash's opinion of slavery?
10. Why does Joe say he is happy staying as a slave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Brown's strengths and weaknesses as a leader? How does he persuade people to follow him so fanatically?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Flashman seek the limelight despite his own admissions that he is a coward? How does Flash hide his true self from his superiors? What would happen to Flash if his superiors knew he was not all he claims?
Essay Topic 3
What meaning does it give the story that Kuklos and all of the group's members have Greek names? Choose one of the Greek names and discuss its significance in context of the story?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)