|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown offer to do at the meeting?
(a) Resign his leadership.
(b) Lead an attack.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Kill Lincoln.
2. For what dos the south respect Brown?
(a) His courage.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His clear aims.
(d) His love of life.
3. What is the name of Brown's daughter?
4. What does Joe say is the only thing that could improve his lot?
(a) Being a land owner.
(b) Being white.
(c) Being rich.
(d) Being in another country.
5. How does Douglass describe Brown's mission?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flash throw at the people trying to capture him?
2. How does Joe react when Brown fawns over him?
3. During what month does Meriam donate $600?
4. How does Flash describe Annette's mood before he leaves her in the morning?
5. Who do the American government ask Flash to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flash try to delay Brown's attack on Harper's Ferry?
2. Why does Flash wish Seward had become President?
3. What does Flash tell Joe at the end of this section?
4. How does Flash react to the violence he sees at the end of the section.
5. Why can't Flashy sleep at the end of this section?
6. Why does Hannah let Flash go?
7. Why does Brown rent out a farmhouse?
8. How does Joe persuade Brown to let Flash help him get the breakfast?
9. What does Flash remember about Brown at the farmhouse?
10. How do the people react to Brown's death?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)