|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose hands does Brown say he, his men and the hostages are?
(b) The government's.
(c) The town's.
2. What is the name of the group who finances Brown?
(a) The Quiet Quintet.
(b) The Secret Six.
(c) The Famous Five.
(d) The Phantom Eight.
3. At whom does Taylor first fire a shot?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A salon owner.
(c) A slave.
(d) A railway guard.
4. How does Flash say Brown acted in victory?
5. What nationality is Alan Pinkerton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces that two unarmed officers are approaching to talk?
2. What is the weather during the march on Harper's Ferry?
3. What is the name of Brown's daughter?
4. What does Brown declare Joe to be?
5. Where is the train that the railway guard boards heading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestions does Flash make to Brown in this section?
2. How does Flash react to the violence he sees at the end of the section.
3. What does Douglass think of Brown's plan?
4. Why does Hannah let Flash go?
5. How does Brown act at his trial?
6. How does Brown act when the southerners capture him?
7. Why does Flash wish Seward had become President?
8. How does Joe persuade Brown to let Flash help him get the breakfast?
9. What does Flash think of Hannah Popplewell?
10. What does Flash tell Joe at the end of this section?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)