|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of transport does Flash use to escape the town?
(a) A horse.
(b) A train.
(c) A car.
(d) A cab.
2. How does Joe react when Brown fawns over him?
3. Who does the doctor leave the town to alert?
(a) The militia.
(b) The Ku-Klux-Klan.
(c) The police.
(d) The mayor.
4. What does Flash say his only goal is in this section?
(a) To get home.
(b) To escape Joe.
(c) To kill Brown.
(d) To find the gold.
5. Where do Brown and Flash go in June?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first bridge the group captures?
2. Brown thinks his death will lead to what?
3. What does Brown declare Joe to be?
4. Flash says Brown is deaf to what?
5. Of what group does Hannah say she is a member?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wild stories does Flash hear about Brown?
2. Why does Flash wish Seward had become President?
3. How does Brown act at his trial?
4. How does Flash react to the violence he sees at the end of the section.
5. What does Flash think of Hannah Popplewell?
6. What does Douglass think of Brown's plan?
7. Why can't Flashy sleep at the end of this section?
8. What does Flash hear Brown saying at the beginning of the section?
9. How does Brown act when the southerners capture him?
10. How does Joe persuade Brown to let Flash help him get the breakfast?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)