|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flash describe Messervey?
(a) A thieving-nosed bandit.
(b) A black-eyed devil.
(c) A toad-eyed simpleton.
(d) A lantern-jawed ruffian.
2. What does Flash say has happened twenty times in his career?
(b) Near death experiences.
3. What nationality is Alan Pinkerton?
4. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
(a) A military raid.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A gang.
(d) A revolution.
5. What does the group rent from Kennedy?
(a) A salon.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bomb shelter.
(d) A farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash say Brown is rather than insane?
2. What kind of gun does Messervy give Flash?
3. What is the name of the most famous black man in America?
4. Where do Brown and Flash go in June?
5. Who is considered the arch agitator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Joe changed in this section?
2. What information does Messervy give Flash about Brown?
3. How does Brown act when the southerners capture him?
4. How does Brown act when they first raid the town?
5. How does Seward persuade Flash to assist the American government?
6. How does Flash try to delay Brown's attack on Harper's Ferry?
7. How does Brown act at his trial?
8. What does Flash think of Hannah Popplewell?
9. How does Messervy reassure Flash?
10. How does Joe persuade Brown to let Flash help him get the breakfast?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)