|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
(a) A military raid.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A gang.
(d) A revolution.
2. How was Brown said to have located a runaway slave?
(a) By the tone of his voice.
(b) By the sound of his cough.
(c) By the sound of his heart.
(d) By his smell.
3. What is the name of the second bridge the group captures?
(a) Shenandoah Bridge.
(b) Potomac Bridge.
(c) Custer Bridge.
(d) Bugle Bridge.
4. What nationality is Alan Pinkerton?
5. Where is Flash at the beginning of Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The French Quarter.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Harper's Ferry.
(d) Bel Air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what group does Hannah say she is a member?
2. What is the weather during the march on Harper's Ferry?
3. Like what does Brown tell his son to die?
4. With what does Stuart order his men to attack?
5. What kind of transport does Flash use to escape the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flash wish Seward had become President?
2. What suggestions does Flash make to Brown in this section?
3. How does Messervy reassure Flash?
4. How does Seward persuade Flash to assist the American government?
5. What does Flash think of Hannah Popplewell?
6. How does Flash react to the violence he sees at the end of the section.
7. Why does Brown rent out a farmhouse?
8. What does Douglass think of Brown's plan?
9. What are Kagi's last words?
10. What information does Messervy give Flash about Brown?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)