|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The elderly Flashman says he is proud of what in this section?
(a) His health.
(b) His language skills.
(c) His courage.
(d) His plan.
2. Why does Joe claim he wants Flash to come with him to a hotel?
(a) He needs someone to help him carry the food.
(b) The hotel won't serve blacks.
(c) The townsfolks are killing blacks at will.
(d) Flash is fussy about his food.
3. With what does Stuart order his men to attack?
(a) Tanks and machine guns.
(b) Cannons and grenades.
(c) Tomahawks and spears.
(d) Rams and bayonets.
4. What is the name of the hotel where Flash and Annette stay?
(a) The Hemp.
(b) The Astor.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The Dorchester.
5. What does Joe say he feigns being?
(a) A university student.
(b) A dumb field hand.
(c) A kitchen boy.
(d) A member of Kuklos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
2. What does Brown offer to do at the meeting?
3. Where does Brown send Joe to order breakfast?
4. Who does the doctor leave the town to alert?
5. What is the name of the woman who seduces Flash in Chapter Eighteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Joe changed in this section?
2. What does Flash think of Hannah Popplewell?
3. How do things change for the worse for Brown and his men?
4. How do the people react to Brown's death?
5. How does Brown act when they first raid the town?
6. How does Flash try to delay Brown's attack on Harper's Ferry?
7. What does Flash hear Brown saying at the beginning of the section?
8. How does Hannah Popplewell help Flash?
9. What information does Messervy give Flash about Brown?
10. Why does Flash wish Seward had become President?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)