|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the American government ask Flash to kill?
(b) Tom Arnold.
(d) Tom Brown.
2. Where do Brown and Flash go in June?
(c) New York.
3. In whose hands does Brown say he, his men and the hostages are?
(a) The town's.
(c) The government's.
4. Like what does Flash tell Joe to stop acting?
(a) An academic.
(b) A watchdog.
(c) A bulldog.
(d) A weakling.
5. As what does the farmhouse serve?
(a) A hide-out.
(b) A headquarters.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A bomb shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brown mistakes Flashman's outburst of profanity for what?
2. How does Flash describe his present wounds?
3. What does Flash claim all Americans are?
4. What is the name of the group who finances Brown?
5. Whose sword does Brown carry into battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people react to Brown's death?
2. What are Kagi's last words?
3. Why does Brown rent out a farmhouse?
4. How does Flash react to the violence he sees at the end of the section.
5. Why does Flash wish Seward had become President?
6. How does Hannah Popplewell help Flash?
7. How does Joe persuade Brown to let Flash help him get the breakfast?
8. How do things change for the worse for Brown and his men?
9. How does Flash try to delay Brown's attack on Harper's Ferry?
10. How does Seward persuade Flash to assist the American government?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)