|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Flashy's grandchildren pestering?
2. Who is Annette pretending to be?
(a) An apple seller.
(b) A honeymooning bride.
(c) A princess.
(d) A prostitute.
3. Where does Jemima say it is okay to say devil?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In your bedroom.
(c) In hell.
(d) In church.
4. About what state does Crixus say Flashy needs to know before he understands John Brown?
(b) New York.
5. What will happen to Flashman if he betrays the Kuklos?
(a) They will destroy his life.
(b) They will kill him.
(c) They will ship him to Africa.
(d) They will hand him over to the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashy say is the beauty of a martyr's crown?
2. What does Flashy swear to Spring that he didn't do?
3. Why is Atropos so important to the Kuklos?
4. Where is the only place Flashman can bribe the skipper to ship him?
5. Whose feet do Spring and Flashy hear on the above deck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe say he is happy staying as a slave?
2. How do Spring and his daughter capture Flashman?
3. Describe Flash' s previous adventures in America.
4. How does Flashman manage to preserve his reputation in this section?
5. Who is Allan Pinkerton?
6. Why does Flash think Spring's plan has failed?
7. What does Atropos tell Flash about the Kuklos?
8. What does Pinkerton want Flash to do before he allows him to see the British consul?
9. Why does Crixus say Brown needs Flash's help?
10. What is Flash's opinion of Brown?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)