|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flash describe Messervey?
(a) A lantern-jawed ruffian.
(b) A toad-eyed simpleton.
(c) A thieving-nosed bandit.
(d) A black-eyed devil.
2. What is the name of the first bridge the group captures?
(a) Potomac Bridge.
(b) Shenandoah Bridge.
(c) Custer Bridge.
(d) Golden Bridge.
3. With whom is Flash collecting arms at the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
4. What is the name of the group who finances Brown?
(a) The Quiet Quintet.
(b) The Phantom Eight.
(c) The Secret Six.
(d) The Famous Five.
5. Where does Brown send Joe to order breakfast?
(a) A salon.
(b) A school.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
6. To whom does Seward threaten to betray Flashman?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) Queen Victoria.
7. About whose fate does Hannah ask?
8. To what English city does Flash sail?
9. Who hired Annette as an undercover agent?
10. In whose hands does Brown say he, his men and the hostages are?
(a) The town's.
(b) The government's.
11. What does Brown offer to do at the meeting?
(a) Resign his leadership.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Lead an attack.
(d) Kill Lincoln.
12. What kind of gun does Messervy give Flash?
(a) A Winchester rifle.
(b) A Tranter revolver.
(c) A Magnum.
(d) A Boston revolver.
13. Who announces that two unarmed officers are approaching to talk?
14. To whom is Colonel Washington related?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
15. What does Flash say Brown is rather than insane?
(a) A depressive.
(b) An obsessive.
(c) A hero.
(d) A fanatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brown thinks his death will lead to what?
2. Who is considered the arch agitator?
3. The elderly Flashman says he is proud of what in this section?
4. For what does Flash say he longs?
5. What does Brown declare Joe to be?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)