|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
(a) A demonstration.
(b) A military raid.
(c) A gang.
(d) A revolution.
2. What does Brown offer to do at the meeting?
(a) Resign his leadership.
(b) Kill Lincoln.
(c) Lead an attack.
(d) Leave the country.
3. Why is Flash confident Joe will not expose him?
(a) Joe will not rat on a white man.
(b) Joe would have to also expose himself.
(c) Joe is a coward.
(d) Joe is badly wounded.
4. What does Flash say Brown is rather than insane?
(a) A depressive.
(b) A fanatic.
(c) A hero.
(d) An obsessive.
5. What does Flash claim all Americans are?
6. What is the name of the woman who seduces Flash in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Hannah Popplewell.
(b) Maureen Tennebaum.
(c) Janet Yearly.
(d) Fredrica Davies.
7. What is the name of the second bridge the group captures?
(a) Bugle Bridge.
(b) Shenandoah Bridge.
(c) Potomac Bridge.
(d) Custer Bridge.
8. Where is Flash at the beginning of Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Bel Air.
(b) The French Quarter.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Harper's Ferry.
9. Like what does Brown tell his son to die?
(a) A man.
(b) An animal.
(c) A Brown.
(d) A human.
10. For what dos the south respect Brown?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) His clear aims.
(c) His courage.
(d) His love of life.
11. What is the name of the most famous black man in America?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Joe Johnson.
(c) James Brown.
(d) Martin Luther King.
12. What does Flash say has happened twenty times in his career?
(b) Near death experiences.
13. Why does Joe claim he wants Flash to come with him to a hotel?
(a) He needs someone to help him carry the food.
(b) The townsfolks are killing blacks at will.
(c) The hotel won't serve blacks.
(d) Flash is fussy about his food.
14. How does Joe react when Brown fawns over him?
15. Who does Flash suggest Annette goes to see in the morning?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A priest.
(c) A sheriff.
(d) A counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the American government ask Flash to kill?
2. Who announces that two unarmed officers are approaching to talk?
3. What does Joe say he feigns being?
4. Where do Brown and Flash go in June?
5. Who is considered the arch agitator?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)