|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group rent from Kennedy?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A salon.
(d) A hotel.
2. How does Annette react when Flash mentions her relationship with Joe?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She cries.
(d) She asks him to leave.
3. What kind of gun does Messervy give Flash?
(a) A Magnum.
(b) A Tranter revolver.
(c) A Winchester rifle.
(d) A Boston revolver.
4. Who is considered the arch agitator?
5. What is the name of the hotel where Flash and Annette stay?
(a) The Dorchester.
(b) The Hemp.
(c) The Astor.
(d) The Four Seasons.
6. Who does Flash throw at the people trying to capture him?
7. For what dos the south respect Brown?
(a) His courage.
(b) His love of life.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His clear aims.
8. To what English city does Flash sail?
9. Jerry Anderson feels guilty about what?
(a) Living on a plantation.
(b) His father being a member of the Ku-Klux-Klan.
(c) His mother bearing a negro child.
(d) His family holding slaves.
10. Who does Flash call a slow-thinking dreamer?
11. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
(a) A military raid.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A gang.
(d) A revolution.
12. What does Joe say is the only thing that could improve his lot?
(a) Being in another country.
(b) Being a land owner.
(c) Being rich.
(d) Being white.
13. How does Flash describe his present wounds?
(b) Deep paper cuts.
(d) Life threatening.
14. What is the name of the second bridge the group captures?
(a) Shenandoah Bridge.
(b) Potomac Bridge.
(c) Custer Bridge.
(d) Bugle Bridge.
15. How does Flash describe Annette's mood before he leaves her in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seward say he hopes to visit in England?
2. Whose sword does Brown carry into battle?
3. The elderly Flashman says he is proud of what in this section?
4. Where is the train that the railway guard boards heading?
5. Who does Flash say is the only real soldier in the group?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)