|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe say he feigns being?
(a) A kitchen boy.
(b) A member of Kuklos.
(c) A university student.
(d) A dumb field hand.
2. For whose sake does Flash want to survive?
(a) The Queen's.
3. Who are the only two people who believe in victory?
(a) Harper and Joe.
(b) Flashman and Elspeth.
(c) Brown and Kagi.
(d) Lincoln and Dean.
4. What is the name of the first bridge the group captures?
(a) Potomac Bridge.
(b) Shenandoah Bridge.
(c) Custer Bridge.
(d) Golden Bridge.
5. Why is Flash confident Joe will not expose him?
(a) Joe would have to also expose himself.
(b) Joe is a coward.
(c) Joe will not rat on a white man.
(d) Joe is badly wounded.
6. What is the name of the second bridge the group captures?
(a) Shenandoah Bridge.
(b) Bugle Bridge.
(c) Custer Bridge.
(d) Potomac Bridge.
7. How does Annette react when Flash mentions her relationship with Joe?
(a) She asks him to leave.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She cries.
(d) She hits him.
8. Who does Flash throw at the people trying to capture him?
9. How does Flash describe Annette's mood before he leaves her in the morning?
10. Where is the train that the railway guard boards heading?
11. What does Brown say he wishes he had studied?
(c) Military studies.
(d) Religious studies.
12. How does Flash describe his present wounds?
(b) Deep paper cuts.
(c) Life threatening.
13. Who does the doctor leave the town to alert?
(a) The police.
(b) The militia.
(c) The Ku-Klux-Klan.
(d) The mayor.
14. Who does Flash say is the only real soldier in the group?
15. Like what does Flash say Seward has a nose?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A battleship.
(c) A ski jump.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what English city does Flash sail?
2. In whose hands does Brown say he, his men and the hostages are?
3. What does Brown declare Joe to be?
4. Where is Flash at the beginning of Chapter Fifteen?
5. To whom is Colonel Washington related?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)