|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered the arch agitator?
2. Who are the only two people who believe in victory?
(a) Flashman and Elspeth.
(b) Harper and Joe.
(c) Lincoln and Dean.
(d) Brown and Kagi.
3. What is Hannah's codename?
4. What is the name of the second bridge the group captures?
(a) Potomac Bridge.
(b) Bugle Bridge.
(c) Shenandoah Bridge.
(d) Custer Bridge.
5. For what dos the south respect Brown?
(a) His love of life.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His courage.
(d) His clear aims.
6. To what English city does Flash sail?
7. What does Joe say he would be if he wasn't a slave?
(a) Black trash.
(b) White trash.
(c) A student.
(d) A writer.
8. How does Douglass describe Brown's mission?
9. What is the weather during the march on Harper's Ferry?
10. To whom is Colonel Washington related?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Thomas Edison.
11. What does Brown do when morale plunges?
(a) Sacks his advisors.
(b) Orders his men into battle.
(c) Calls a staff meeting.
(d) Hires a psychologist.
12. Who does Flash throw at the people trying to capture him?
13. Like what does Flash tell Joe to stop acting?
(a) A bulldog.
(b) An academic.
(c) A watchdog.
(d) A weakling.
14. Who stops Flash from escaping?
15. About whose fate does Hannah ask?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Flash and Annette stay?
2. What is the name of the woman who seduces Flash in Chapter Eighteen?
3. Flash says Brown is deaf to what?
4. Who does Flash say is the only real soldier in the group?
5. How was Brown said to have located a runaway slave?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)