|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the senator say Flash must do before he gets to see the British Consul?
(a) Meet the President.
(b) Tell them British secrets.
(c) Hand over his belongings.
(d) Give a radio interview.
2. Like what does Flash say Seward has a nose?
(a) A battleship.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ski jump.
(d) A boxer.
3. Like what person from the bible does Brown say they must spy out the land?
4. What is the name of the woman who seduces Flash in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Maureen Tennebaum.
(b) Janet Yearly.
(c) Hannah Popplewell.
(d) Fredrica Davies.
5. What is Hannah's codename?
6. For what dos the south respect Brown?
(a) His love of life.
(b) His courage.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His clear aims.
7. What kind of gun does Messervy give Flash?
(a) A Magnum.
(b) A Tranter revolver.
(c) A Boston revolver.
(d) A Winchester rifle.
8. Brown thinks his death will lead to what?
(c) A new world.
(d) New laws.
9. Why does Joe claim he wants Flash to come with him to a hotel?
(a) He needs someone to help him carry the food.
(b) The hotel won't serve blacks.
(c) The townsfolks are killing blacks at will.
(d) Flash is fussy about his food.
10. What do the group cut on Potomac Bridge?
(a) Telegraph wires.
(b) The rope holding the bridge together.
(c) Barb wire.
(d) Telephone Wires.
11. How does Flash describe Messervey?
(a) A black-eyed devil.
(b) A thieving-nosed bandit.
(c) A toad-eyed simpleton.
(d) A lantern-jawed ruffian.
12. Whose sword does Brown carry into battle?
(a) Frederick the Great's.
(b) Peter the Great's.
(c) King Arthur's.
(d) Richard the Lionhearted's.
13. What does Brown offer to do at the meeting?
(a) Resign his leadership.
(b) Kill Lincoln.
(c) Lead an attack.
(d) Leave the country.
14. Who does Flashman say he intends to thwart?
(a) His father-in-law.
(d) The gods.
15. Where does Brown send Joe to order breakfast?
(a) A school.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A salon.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe say he feigns being?
2. How was Brown said to have located a runaway slave?
3. What does Flash say Brown is rather than insane?
4. What does Joe say he would be if he wasn't a slave?
5. Jerry Anderson feels guilty about what?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)