|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flash say Brown acted in victory?
2. How does Annette react when Flash mentions her relationship with Joe?
(a) She asks him to leave.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She cries.
3. What is the name of the most famous black man in America?
(a) James Brown.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Joe Johnson.
(d) Martin Luther King.
4. How was Brown said to have located a runaway slave?
(a) By the sound of his heart.
(b) By his smell.
(c) By the tone of his voice.
(d) By the sound of his cough.
5. Why does Joe claim he wants Flash to come with him to a hotel?
(a) He needs someone to help him carry the food.
(b) The hotel won't serve blacks.
(c) The townsfolks are killing blacks at will.
(d) Flash is fussy about his food.
6. Flash says Brown is deaf to what?
(a) The loudness of his voice.
(b) His sons.
(c) His mistakes.
(d) Common sense.
7. What does Brown offer to do at the meeting?
(a) Lead an attack.
(b) Kill Lincoln.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Resign his leadership.
8. Whose sword does Brown carry into battle?
(a) King Arthur's.
(b) Frederick the Great's.
(c) Richard the Lionhearted's.
(d) Peter the Great's.
9. Where does Flash find himself in six months?
(a) Hong Kong.
10. What kind of transport does Flash use to escape the town?
(a) A cab.
(b) A car.
(c) A horse.
(d) A train.
11. What does Brown do when morale plunges?
(a) Orders his men into battle.
(b) Calls a staff meeting.
(c) Sacks his advisors.
(d) Hires a psychologist.
12. What does Joe say is the only thing that could improve his lot?
(a) Being white.
(b) Being a land owner.
(c) Being rich.
(d) Being in another country.
13. Who does Seward say he hopes to visit in England?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The King.
14. What does Brown say he wishes he had studied?
(a) Military studies.
(d) Religious studies.
15. To whom is Colonel Washington related?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Edison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe react when Brown fawns over him?
2. Who does the doctor leave the town to alert?
3. How does Flash describe Annette's mood before he leaves her in the morning?
4. With what does Stuart order his men to attack?
5. As what does the farmhouse serve?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)