|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Flash collecting arms at the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
2. For whose sake does Flash want to survive?
(c) The Queen's.
3. Who do the American government ask Flash to kill?
(a) Tom Arnold.
(d) Tom Brown.
4. What does Joe say is the only thing that could improve his lot?
(a) Being in another country.
(b) Being a land owner.
(c) Being white.
(d) Being rich.
5. About whose fate does Hannah ask?
6. How was Brown said to have located a runaway slave?
(a) By the sound of his heart.
(b) By the sound of his cough.
(c) By the tone of his voice.
(d) By his smell.
7. Where does Hannah hide Flash near the end of Chapter Eighteen?
(a) The closet.
(b) The big fridge.
(c) The basement.
(d) The attic.
8. What is the name of the first bridge the group captures?
(a) Potomac Bridge.
(b) Golden Bridge.
(c) Custer Bridge.
(d) Shenandoah Bridge.
9. Who does Flash say is the only real soldier in the group?
10. What does Brown say he wishes he had studied?
(a) Religious studies.
(c) Military studies.
11. Why does Joe claim he wants Flash to come with him to a hotel?
(a) The hotel won't serve blacks.
(b) The townsfolks are killing blacks at will.
(c) Flash is fussy about his food.
(d) He needs someone to help him carry the food.
12. How does Flash describe his present wounds?
(c) Deep paper cuts.
(d) Life threatening.
13. Who does Flashman say he intends to thwart?
(a) His father-in-law.
(c) The gods.
14. The elderly Flashman says he is proud of what in this section?
(a) His courage.
(b) His language skills.
(c) His plan.
(d) His health.
15. What does Brown do when morale plunges?
(a) Calls a staff meeting.
(b) Hires a psychologist.
(c) Sacks his advisors.
(d) Orders his men into battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Seward threaten to betray Flashman?
2. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
3. For what does Flash say he longs?
4. Who is considered the arch agitator?
5. Where is Flash at the beginning of Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)