|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only two people who believe in victory?
(a) Lincoln and Dean.
(b) Flashman and Elspeth.
(c) Harper and Joe.
(d) Brown and Kagi.
2. To whom does Seward threaten to betray Flashman?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Queen Victoria.
3. Like what does Brown tell his son to die?
(a) A man.
(b) An animal.
(c) A human.
(d) A Brown.
4. What does Joe say he would be if he wasn't a slave?
(a) White trash.
(b) A student.
(c) A writer.
(d) Black trash.
5. At whom does Taylor first fire a shot?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A salon owner.
(c) A slave.
(d) A railway guard.
6. What does Flash say his only goal is in this section?
(a) To get home.
(b) To escape Joe.
(c) To find the gold.
(d) To kill Brown.
7. To whom is Colonel Washington related?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
8. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
(a) A military raid.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A gang.
(d) A revolution.
9. Who does Flash suggest Annette goes to see in the morning?
(a) A counselor.
(b) A sheriff.
(c) A priest.
(d) A good friend.
10. What is the name of the group who finances Brown?
(a) The Secret Six.
(b) The Famous Five.
(c) The Phantom Eight.
(d) The Quiet Quintet.
11. What does Brown declare Joe to be?
12. Why does Joe claim he wants Flash to come with him to a hotel?
(a) The hotel won't serve blacks.
(b) The townsfolks are killing blacks at will.
(c) He needs someone to help him carry the food.
(d) Flash is fussy about his food.
13. What does the group rent from Kennedy?
(a) A bomb shelter.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A salon.
(d) A hotel.
14. Brown thinks his death will lead to what?
(b) A new world.
(d) New laws.
15. Who announces that two unarmed officers are approaching to talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Flash confident Joe will not expose him?
2. During what month does Meriam donate $600?
3. How does Flash say Brown acted in victory?
4. How does Flash describe Annette's mood before he leaves her in the morning?
5. What does Brown say he wishes he had studied?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)