|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
(a) A military raid.
(b) A revolution.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A gang.
2. About whose fate does Hannah ask?
3. Where does Flash find himself in six months?
(b) Hong Kong.
4. What does Flash decide at the meeting that it is time for him to do?
(a) Steal some money.
(c) Kill Brown.
(d) Find a girl.
5. Where does Brown send Joe to order breakfast?
(a) A salon.
(b) A school.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
6. With whom is Flash collecting arms at the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
7. What does the group rent from Kennedy?
(a) A salon.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A farmhouse.
8. What kind of transport does Flash use to escape the town?
(a) A train.
(b) A cab.
(c) A horse.
(d) A car.
9. At whom does Taylor first fire a shot?
(a) A railway guard.
(b) A salon owner.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A slave.
10. To whom does Seward threaten to betray Flashman?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Queen Victoria.
11. What is Hannah's codename?
12. As what does the farmhouse serve?
(a) A headquarters.
(b) A hide-out.
(c) A bomb shelter.
(d) A brothel.
13. What does Joe say is the only thing that could improve his lot?
(a) Being white.
(b) Being rich.
(c) Being a land owner.
(d) Being in another country.
14. What do the group cut on Potomac Bridge?
(a) Telegraph wires.
(b) The rope holding the bridge together.
(c) Barb wire.
(d) Telephone Wires.
15. Jerry Anderson feels guilty about what?
(a) His father being a member of the Ku-Klux-Klan.
(b) His mother bearing a negro child.
(c) Living on a plantation.
(d) His family holding slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash say Brown is rather than insane?
2. Who hired Annette as an undercover agent?
3. With what does Stuart order his men to attack?
4. For whose sake does Flash want to survive?
5. In whose hands does Brown say he, his men and the hostages are?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)