|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather during the march on Harper's Ferry?
2. Why does Joe claim he wants Flash to come with him to a hotel?
(a) He needs someone to help him carry the food.
(b) The townsfolks are killing blacks at will.
(c) The hotel won't serve blacks.
(d) Flash is fussy about his food.
3. To what English city does Flash sail?
4. What nationality is Alan Pinkerton?
5. During what month does Meriam donate $600?
6. With whom is Flash collecting arms at the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
7. What is the name of the most famous black man in America?
(a) Joe Johnson.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) James Brown.
(d) Martin Luther King.
8. Brown mistakes Flashman's outburst of profanity for what?
(b) A death wish.
(c) God speaking through him.
(d) A joke.
9. Who does Flash suggest Annette goes to see in the morning?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A priest.
(c) A counselor.
(d) A sheriff.
10. What is the name of Brown's daughter?
11. For whose sake does Flash want to survive?
(a) The Queen's.
12. Flash says Brown is deaf to what?
(a) His sons.
(b) Common sense.
(c) The loudness of his voice.
(d) His mistakes.
13. What does the senator say Flash must do before he gets to see the British Consul?
(a) Tell them British secrets.
(b) Hand over his belongings.
(c) Meet the President.
(d) Give a radio interview.
14. What does Joe say he feigns being?
(a) A university student.
(b) A member of Kuklos.
(c) A kitchen boy.
(d) A dumb field hand.
15. Who does Seward say he hopes to visit in England?
(a) The King.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what group does Hannah say she is a member?
2. To whom is Colonel Washington related?
3. About whose fate does Hannah ask?
4. Where is Flash at the beginning of Chapter Fifteen?
5. What does Flash claim all Americans are?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)