|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flash confident Joe will not expose him?
(a) Joe would have to also expose himself.
(b) Joe will not rat on a white man.
(c) Joe is a coward.
(d) Joe is badly wounded.
2. Who announces that two unarmed officers are approaching to talk?
3. What kind of transport does Flash use to escape the town?
(a) A car.
(b) A cab.
(c) A horse.
(d) A train.
4. Like what person from the bible does Brown say they must spy out the land?
5. Who does Flash say is the only real soldier in the group?
6. What does Flash say has happened twenty times in his career?
(d) Near death experiences.
7. What is the name of the woman who seduces Flash in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Fredrica Davies.
(b) Hannah Popplewell.
(c) Janet Yearly.
(d) Maureen Tennebaum.
8. Who does Flash throw at the people trying to capture him?
9. Who does Flash call a slow-thinking dreamer?
10. How does Douglass describe Brown's mission?
11. What does the group rent from Kennedy?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A salon.
(d) A hotel.
12. As what does the farmhouse serve?
(a) A hide-out.
(b) A headquarters.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A bomb shelter.
13. What does Joe say he would be if he wasn't a slave?
(a) A student.
(b) White trash.
(c) Black trash.
(d) A writer.
14. For what dos the south respect Brown?
(a) His courage.
(b) His clear aims.
(c) His love of life.
(d) His religious beliefs.
15. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
(a) A demonstration.
(b) A revolution.
(c) A gang.
(d) A military raid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hannah's codename?
2. What does Flash decide at the meeting that it is time for him to do?
3. What does Flash say is the only thing extraordinary about Brown?
4. Where does Flash find himself in six months?
5. What does Brown do when morale plunges?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)