|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Flash throw at the people trying to capture him?
2. How does Douglass describe Brown's mission?
3. What does Flash decide at the meeting that it is time for him to do?
(b) Find a girl.
(c) Kill Brown.
(d) Steal some money.
4. To what English city does Flash sail?
5. During what month does Meriam donate $600?
6. Who does the doctor leave the town to alert?
(a) The police.
(b) The militia.
(c) The Ku-Klux-Klan.
(d) The mayor.
7. What does Joe say he feigns being?
(a) A kitchen boy.
(b) A university student.
(c) A dumb field hand.
(d) A member of Kuklos.
8. What is the name of the first bridge the group captures?
(a) Golden Bridge.
(b) Shenandoah Bridge.
(c) Custer Bridge.
(d) Potomac Bridge.
9. What is the name of the most famous black man in America?
(a) Martin Luther King.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Joe Johnson.
(d) James Brown.
10. What kind of gun does Messervy give Flash?
(a) A Magnum.
(b) A Tranter revolver.
(c) A Boston revolver.
(d) A Winchester rifle.
11. Where does Flash find himself in six months?
(b) Hong Kong.
12. What does Joe say is the only thing that could improve his lot?
(a) Being white.
(b) Being a land owner.
(c) Being rich.
(d) Being in another country.
13. Like what person from the bible does Brown say they must spy out the land?
14. Whose sword does Brown carry into battle?
(a) Peter the Great's.
(b) Frederick the Great's.
(c) Richard the Lionhearted's.
(d) King Arthur's.
15. What is the name of the woman who seduces Flash in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Hannah Popplewell.
(b) Fredrica Davies.
(c) Maureen Tennebaum.
(d) Janet Yearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown declare Joe to be?
2. Who hired Annette as an undercover agent?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Flash and Annette stay?
4. What is Hannah's codename?
5. How does Flash describe his present wounds?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)