|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Brown and Flash go in June?
(a) New York.
2. Who does Flashman say he intends to thwart?
(b) His father-in-law.
(d) The gods.
3. What is the name of Brown's daughter?
4. What does Flash think Brown is incapable of planning?
(a) A revolution.
(b) A gang.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A military raid.
5. Brown thinks his death will lead to what?
(c) A new world.
(d) New laws.
6. About whose fate does Hannah ask?
7. Who does Flash call a slow-thinking dreamer?
8. Where is Flash at the beginning of Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Bel Air.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) The French Quarter.
(d) Harper's Ferry.
9. What is the name of the first bridge the group captures?
(a) Potomac Bridge.
(b) Shenandoah Bridge.
(c) Custer Bridge.
(d) Golden Bridge.
10. At whom does Taylor first fire a shot?
(a) A railway guard.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A salon owner.
(d) A slave.
11. Who are the only two people who believe in victory?
(a) Brown and Kagi.
(b) Harper and Joe.
(c) Lincoln and Dean.
(d) Flashman and Elspeth.
12. What nationality is Alan Pinkerton?
13. What does Flash say his only goal is in this section?
(a) To find the gold.
(b) To get home.
(c) To kill Brown.
(d) To escape Joe.
14. Where does Brown send Joe to order breakfast?
(a) A school.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A salon.
15. What is the name of the most famous black man in America?
(a) James Brown.
(b) Joe Johnson.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Martin Luther King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flash describe his present wounds?
2. What is the name of the woman who seduces Flash in Chapter Eighteen?
3. What has Flash lost in Chapter Fifteen?
4. What does Flash say Brown is rather than insane?
5. Why is Flash confident Joe will not expose him?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)