|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Brown and Flash go in June?
(d) New York.
2. In whose hands does Brown say he, his men and the hostages are?
(a) The government's.
(b) The town's.
3. What does Flash say his only goal is in this section?
(a) To kill Brown.
(b) To escape Joe.
(c) To get home.
(d) To find the gold.
4. What does Flash say is the only thing extraordinary about Brown?
(a) His flared nostrils.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His strong chin.
(d) His gray eyes.
5. What kind of transport does Flash use to escape the town?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cab.
6. Who stops Flash from escaping?
7. Where does Hannah hide Flash near the end of Chapter Eighteen?
(a) The attic.
(b) The big fridge.
(c) The basement.
(d) The closet.
8. What does Brown do when morale plunges?
(a) Sacks his advisors.
(b) Orders his men into battle.
(c) Hires a psychologist.
(d) Calls a staff meeting.
9. What is the name of the woman who seduces Flash in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Hannah Popplewell.
(b) Fredrica Davies.
(c) Janet Yearly.
(d) Maureen Tennebaum.
10. About whose fate does Hannah ask?
11. What is the name of the group who finances Brown?
(a) The Secret Six.
(b) The Quiet Quintet.
(c) The Phantom Eight.
(d) The Famous Five.
12. What is the name of the most famous black man in America?
(a) James Brown.
(b) Joe Johnson.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
13. What is Hannah's codename?
14. How was Brown said to have located a runaway slave?
(a) By the sound of his cough.
(b) By the sound of his heart.
(c) By the tone of his voice.
(d) By his smell.
15. What does Brown declare Joe to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Alan Pinkerton?
2. Who does the doctor leave the town to alert?
3. What does Joe say he would be if he wasn't a slave?
4. Brown mistakes Flashman's outburst of profanity for what?
5. To what English city does Flash sail?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)