|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Flash collecting arms at the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
2. What kind of gun does Messervy give Flash?
(a) A Magnum.
(b) A Winchester rifle.
(c) A Boston revolver.
(d) A Tranter revolver.
3. With what does Stuart order his men to attack?
(a) Tanks and machine guns.
(b) Cannons and grenades.
(c) Rams and bayonets.
(d) Tomahawks and spears.
4. Like what does Brown tell his son to die?
(a) A Brown.
(b) An animal.
(c) A human.
(d) A man.
5. Why does Joe claim he wants Flash to come with him to a hotel?
(a) The hotel won't serve blacks.
(b) The townsfolks are killing blacks at will.
(c) Flash is fussy about his food.
(d) He needs someone to help him carry the food.
6. What is the name of the group who finances Brown?
(a) The Quiet Quintet.
(b) The Phantom Eight.
(c) The Secret Six.
(d) The Famous Five.
7. To whom is Colonel Washington related?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Thomas Edison.
8. Like what does Flash say Seward has a nose?
(a) A ski jump.
(b) A battleship.
(c) A knife.
(d) A boxer.
9. What does the group rent from Kennedy?
(a) A salon.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A bomb shelter.
10. Where does Hannah hide Flash near the end of Chapter Eighteen?
(a) The big fridge.
(b) The closet.
(c) The basement.
(d) The attic.
11. Who does the doctor leave the town to alert?
(a) The police.
(b) The Ku-Klux-Klan.
(c) The militia.
(d) The mayor.
12. Who is considered the arch agitator?
13. About whose fate does Hannah ask?
14. What do the group cut on Potomac Bridge?
(a) Telegraph wires.
(b) The rope holding the bridge together.
(c) Telephone Wires.
(d) Barb wire.
15. What does the senator say Flash must do before he gets to see the British Consul?
(a) Meet the President.
(b) Hand over his belongings.
(c) Give a radio interview.
(d) Tell them British secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what English city does Flash sail?
2. What does Joe say he would be if he wasn't a slave?
3. Who does Flash say is the only real soldier in the group?
4. What kind of transport does Flash use to escape the town?
5. How was Brown said to have located a runaway slave?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)