|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the military advisor Brown wants to replace?
(a) Peter Yearly.
(b) Larry Tones.
(c) Huge Forbes.
(d) Jack Deanes.
2. What is the name of the first man to remove his hood?
3. Who does Atropos say will surround Flash all the time he is in Boston?
(a) Government agents.
(b) The Ku-Klux-Klan.
(c) Deadly agents.
4. Who does Flashy hear arguing with the woman in the salon?
5. What does Parcae mean in Greek?
6. What is the name of the woman Flashy thinks is a prostitute?
7. What does John say mouldering means?
(a) All squelchy and moldy.
(b) All rotten and stinking.
(c) Falling apart at the seams.
(d) Decaying matter.
8. What does Spring say he had to do on the ship during his voyage?
(a) Scrub the deck.
(b) Toilet the captain.
(c) Scrub toilets.
(d) Sleep with the slaves.
9. Where does Crixus want Flash to meet Brown?
(a) In Washington DC.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In New York City.
10. Who does Crixus say has sent John Brown to help the slaves?
11. Who wrote a novel called Recollections?
(a) Countess of Cardigan.
(b) Marquis de Sade.
(c) Mary Shelley.
(d) George Elliott.
12. To what country did Flashy run a prominent slave?
13. What does Flashy say replaces the smell of roses?
(a) Horse dung.
(b) Cigar smoke.
(c) Black powder smoke.
(d) White powder smoke.
14. Why is Atropos so important to the Kuklos?
(a) He has the money.
(b) He is the brain.
(c) He is the fighter.
(d) He is the politician.
15. What is supposed to be Comber's job?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A detective.
(c) A Russian spy.
(d) A British agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashy say he pinched from other chaps?
2. To what bible character does Crixus compare Brown?
3. What does Flashy say was the name of the curious balcony?
4. Who does the woman Flashy presumes is a prostitute think Flashy is?
5. How does Flashy describe Spring's eyes?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)