|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pgs. 38-81.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Flashy sold into slavery during his last trip to America?
(a) He had sex with the slave master's wife.
(b) He helped a slave to escape.
(c) He was a spy for the British.
(d) He tried to kill a prominent politician.
2. Where does Miranda invite Flashy while her father is away?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A ball.
(d) A hanging.
3. Where is the only place Flashman can bribe the skipper to ship him?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. What does Flashy say replaces the smell of roses?
(a) Horse dung.
(b) White powder smoke.
(c) Cigar smoke.
(d) Black powder smoke.
5. What kind of drink does Spring pour for Flashy?
(a) A beer.
(b) A vodka.
(c) A brandy.
(d) A wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Flashy's grandchildren pestering?
2. What does Jemima accuse Flashy of saying?
3. To what country did Flashy run a prominent slave?
4. How does Flashy describe Spring's eyes?
5. What can Flashy hear playing on the gramophone?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)