|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pgs. 38-81.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miranda invite Flashy while her father is away?
(a) A ball.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A hanging.
2. Why was Flashy sold into slavery during his last trip to America?
(a) He had sex with the slave master's wife.
(b) He was a spy for the British.
(c) He helped a slave to escape.
(d) He tried to kill a prominent politician.
3. What did John Brown grow up expecting life to be?
4. What does Flashy say replaces the smell of roses?
(a) Cigar smoke.
(b) Black powder smoke.
(c) White powder smoke.
(d) Horse dung.
5. Where has Spring arranged to ship Flashman?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Flashy hear playing on the gramophone?
2. When does Flashy say John Brown's eyes lit up?
3. About what state does Crixus say Flashy needs to know before he understands John Brown?
4. Where did the children hear about John Brown?
5. Where did John Brown try to establish a black republic?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)