|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ignatieff take Flashman?
2. What is Campbell's rank in the Britiah army?
3. Who do liberal writers say should have known better than to treat prisoners of war so harshly?
4. What does Sher Khan threaten to use to kill Flashman?
5. Which group is Colonel Rowbotham the leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does General Neill clean the floors in the Bibigarh?
2. How does Flashman shock General Rose in chapter twelve?
3. Why is Ilderim angry with Flashman at the beginning of chapter seven?
4. How does Flashman escape the crocodiles?
5. In what way is the situation desperate at the beginning of chapter eight?
6. Why does Rose reject the idea of using a platoon to capture Lakshmibai?
7. How does Flashman describe life in Cawnpore garrison?
8. How does Flashman escape the attack in chapter nine?
9. What happens when Flashman and the others flee into a temple?
10. Why is Kavanaugh not the ideal man for the mission in chapter ten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What does Fraser say about inhumanity? Do you agree the Indians acted just as inhumanely as the British? In what way does the first-person narrator perspective cloud the British atrocities?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Ishmael's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Ishmael hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Ishmael ideas about life?
3. How has Ishmael's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)