|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Chief does Campbell want brought in alive?
2. Where does Iderim believe is the safest destination?
3. What does Flashman pretend to be willing to do as an officer in chapter eight?
4. What does Flashman picture Lakshmibai sitting on?
5. What illness does Flashman contract at the end of chapter ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the situation desperate at the beginning of chapter eight?
2. How does Flashman react to Ilderim's death?
3. How does Flashman react to East when he comes to apologize?
4. What does Flashman think about Lakshmibai in chapter eleven?
5. How does Flashman react to East's death in chapter nine?
6. Why does Flashman think Jhansi is the best place for him to go?
7. How does Flashman convince O'Toole that he is a British soldier?
8. What is Flashman's new mission in chapter eleven?
9. How does General Neill clean the floors in the Bibigarh?
10. How does O'Toole react to Flashman's story about Jhansi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Ishmael's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Ishmael hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Ishmael ideas about life?
3. How has Ishmael's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does the Great Game add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 3
How accurate and fair do the students think Fraser's representation of the Great Indian Mutiny is? How do you think an Indian writer would have represented the mutiny?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)