|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman watch the natives tearing apart?
(a) A Sikh child.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A white soldier.
(d) A stag.
2. What does Flashman tell Ignatieff stories about?
(b) Russin women.
(c) His marriage.
3. What are do the three stale chapittis symbolize in India?
4. What attracts Flashman to the Queen?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her breasts.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her eyes.
5. What does Flashman say has advanced 16 years in India?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ilderim lecture about to Flashman?
2. What kind of building is Jhansi?
3. What language does Flashman start thinking in during this chapter?
4. What does Flashman think has compromised his secret mission?
5. What is a sepoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman get into the Indian army in chapter five?
2. How does Flashman deal with the mutineer he meets in chapter six?
3. How does Flashman defend British culture?
4. How does Flashman react when he is paired with Ignatieff on the hunting trip?
5. What does the first chapter say about Flashman's relationship with his first wife Elspeth?
6. How does the Queen greet Flashman when he arrives at the pavilion?
7. Why does John Nicholson foresee problems in India?
8. What does Flashman say he believes about religion?
9. What horrific sight does Flashman see on the way to the jail?
10. How does Flashman live his life at the beginning of chapter one?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)