|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does Flashman say Kavanaugh looks too much like?
2. What illness does Flashman suffer form in chapter ten?
3. What is the name of Valla's aunt?
4. What does Flashman buy from an Irish soldier?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A portrait.
(c) A book.
(d) A chain.
5. Who does Flashman learn has been killed in chapter nine?
6. What newspaper does Billy Russell work for?
(a) The Independent.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The London Times.
(d) The Sun.
7. What does Flashman picture Lakshmibai sitting on?
(a) A swing.
(b) A throne.
(c) A bench.
(d) A horse.
8. Who does Flashman say the British do not like to engage in war with?
9. Who do liberal writers say should have known better than to treat prisoners of war so harshly?
(a) White people.
(b) The British.
(c) Educated men.
10. What did Canning fear public opinion could have turned Lakshmibai into?
(a) A Saint George.
(b) A Joan of Arc.
(c) An Atilla the Hun.
(d) A Florence Nightingale.
11. What kind of attack does Flashman realize they cannot survive a repeat of?
(a) A charge attack.
(b) An air attack.
(c) A side attack.
(d) A frontal attack.
12. Who does Flashman see riding with the white man?
13. What does Sher Khan threaten to use to kill Flashman?
(a) A spear.
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
14. What illness does Campbell die from?
15. What country does Flashman say that he wants to go to after India?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wheeler order his men to do in chapter eight?
2. How do the generals want to kill the remaining rebel chiefs?
3. Who doubts Nana will keep his promise?
4. Who arrives to offer safe passage?
5. Who does Flashman condemn as a hypocrite in chapter eight?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)