|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman say will happen to them if they are not relieved in three days?
(a) They will kill themselves.
(b) They will starve.
(c) They will surrender.
(d) They will fight.
2. Where does Flashman later sell the chain?
3. Where does the Queen order her men to confine Flashman?
(a) Her chambers.
(b) The dungeon.
(c) The north tower.
(d) The south tower.
4. What newspaper does Billy Russell work for?
(a) The London Times.
(b) The Independent.
(c) The Guardian.
(d) The Sun.
5. What do the young British officers chant in this chapter?
(a) Liberate Us.
(b) Rule Britania.
(c) Duty and Honor.
(d) We are the Power.
6. Where does Ignatieff take Flashman?
(a) The Queen's harem.
(b) The bog.
(c) The dungeon.
(d) The throne room.
7. Who releases Flashman in this section?
8. What does the cryptic note that Flash hands to Sher Khan refer to?
9. Who do liberal writers say should have known better than to treat prisoners of war so harshly?
(a) Educated men.
(c) White people.
(d) The British.
10. Who does Flashman say the British do not like to engage in war with?
11. What city has now been under seige for two weeks?
12. What nationality does Lakshmibai curse in this section?
13. What does Sher Khan threaten to use to kill Flashman?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A spear.
(d) A rope.
14. Whose death does Flashman want to avenge in chapter nine?
15. What are the name of the soldiers Wheeler and his men are fighting against?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Valla's aunt?
2. Who doubts Nana will keep his promise?
3. What does Rose want to use to trap Lakshmibai?
4. What do the natives set fire to near the end of chapter nine?
5. What does Wheeler command his men to do after the second attack?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)