|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Flashman shoot the mutineer?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the groin.
(d) In the foot.
2. Which historical figure does Flash say he wants to sleep with in this section?
(a) Marie Curie.
(b) Prince George.
(c) Florence Nightingale.
(d) Queen Victoria.
3. What does Flashman say he is finding it difficult to gather in Jhansi?
4. How does Flashman describe Ignatieff?
(a) A round eyed tree hugger.
(b) A solid bit of Russian steel.
(c) A bear-cat for nerve.
(d) A man mountain.
5. What can Flashman hear playing as he climbs the stars to the Queen's pavilion?
(a) A jazz band.
(b) Spanish guitar.
(c) An orchestra.
(d) A harp.
6. How does Elspeth call Queen Victoria?
(a) Big Bird.
(b) Old Vic.
(d) Old Vulture.
7. What does Nicholson say he foresees?
(a) India becoming independent.
(b) Flashman burning to death.
(c) Russia becoming a superpower.
(d) Sparks fanning into flames.
8. Which of the following feature in Flashman's nightmares?
(a) Beheaded chickens and vultures.
(b) Beheaded children and bleeding rats.
(c) Schoolmasters and fornications.
(d) Family reunions and weddings.
9. What is the name of the old friend Flashman meets in India in this chapter?
(a) John Nicholson.
(b) George Scuttle.
(c) James Formby.
(d) Peter Nichols.
10. Who is Ellenborough worried Flashman may embarrass?
(b) The Queen.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) The Raja.
11. Why do the British allow Ignatieff free?
(a) He would make a good spy.
(b) To avoid a diplomatic incidet.
(c) He has done nothing wrong.
(d) So he can report back to Russia.
12. Which royal residence does Flashman say he is no longer invited to?
(a) Buckinghamshire Palace.
13. What is the name of Queen Victoria's husband?
(a) King David.
(b) Prince Philip.
(c) King George.
(d) Prince Albert.
14. Who is the reigning British Queen in this book?
(b) Elizabaeth II.
(d) Elizabeth I.
15. What are do the three stale chapittis symbolize in India?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman think has compromised his secret mission?
2. Why does Flashman act surly at the barracks?
3. Who does Flashman look forward to sleeping with when he returns to Jhansi?
4. Who is Flashman paired with on the hunting trip?
5. What language does Flashman speak to the Queen?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)