|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the political agent that Flashman meets in this chapter?
2. What at Balmoral Castle does Flashman say puts him off his food?
(a) The tartan carpets.
(b) Prince Albert's accent.
(c) The Queen's accent.
(d) The ugly chambermaids.
3. What country does Flashman tell stories about at Balmoral?
4. Who does Nicholson say are angering the natives?
(c) Milltary men.
(d) Government officials.
5. What language does Flashman speak to the Queen?
6. What do the Muslim and Hindus believe the British want to pollute?
7. How does Flashman describe Ignatieff?
(a) A bear-cat for nerve.
(b) A man mountain.
(c) A solid bit of Russian steel.
(d) A round eyed tree hugger.
8. Which royal residence does Flashman say he is no longer invited to?
(c) Buckinghamshire Palace.
9. Who spits on Flashman's shadow?
(a) A Pathan.
(b) A Sikh.
(c) A cabin boy.
(d) A Seboy.
10. Where does Flashman shoot the mutineer?
(a) In the groin.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the arm.
11. What does Flashman tell Ignatieff stories about?
(b) Russin women.
(d) His marriage.
12. What does Flashman say he controls whilst talking to the Queen?
(a) His laughter.
(b) His horniness.
(c) His temper.
(d) His tongue.
13. Why do the British allow Ignatieff free?
(a) To avoid a diplomatic incidet.
(b) So he can report back to Russia.
(c) He has done nothing wrong.
(d) He would make a good spy.
14. What can Flashman hear playing as he climbs the stars to the Queen's pavilion?
(a) A harp.
(b) An orchestra.
(c) A jazz band.
(d) Spanish guitar.
15. What is Jhansi built upon?
(a) A steep rock.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A sand dune.
(d) A hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person does Flashman see dead that he has recently made love to?
2. What is a sowar?
3. What does Flashman have to learn to behave like to be a horse soldier?
4. How is Gulam Beg related to Ilderim?
5. What does Flashman watch the natives tearing apart?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)