|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the scene that Flashman encounters when he is placed in the cell with two men?
(a) Flashman passes out when he reaches the cell.
(b) Both men are pased out on the cell floor.
(c) A terrible smell of the two men who haven't bathed.
(d) One man hanging from all for limbs and another underneath him trying to hold him up.
2. Once they arrive in Syr Daria, where is Flashman placed?
(a) In a jail at Fort Raim with two other prisoners.
(b) Flashman has a specially guarded tent.
(c) Flashman is handcuffed to Ignatieff at all times.
(d) Flashman is chained to two Cossacks at all times.
3. How does Flashman portray Aunt Sara?
(a) As very quiet and slightly horse-faced.
(b) As very shrewd.
(c) As very loud and boisterous.
(d) As beautiful, but a little old for his taste.
4. Who is the Silk One's father?
(a) They don't know.
(b) Yakub Beg.
(c) Ko Dali.
5. How does the Count think of Flashman?
(a) He does't care one way or another.
(b) He thinks of Flashman as a son.
(c) He doesn't care much for Flashman.
(d) He thinks Flashman is brave, but stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of the other prisoners tell Flashman to "take heart"?
2. Why is Flashman sure that Afghanistan will side with the Russians?
3. After the Russian steam bath, what does Count Pencherjevsky propose to Flashman?
4. Where do Flashman and Scud East know each other from?
5. What is Flashman the most terrified of during his and East's escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman eventually get caught? What happens to Scud East?
2. Describe how Flashman sees his arrival in India going in Chapter 10.
3. How does Flashman describe the landscape as they escape in Chapter 7?
4. What obstacles must East and Flashman overcome in order to make a successful escape?
5. Explain why Count Ignatieff decides to take Flashman with him to India.
6. Explain how Flashman and East end up taking Valla with them on their escape.
7. Explain why Flashman called Yakub Beg and his companion Panthans.
8. Describe what happened with the priest and the political agitator, Blank.
9. Explain how Flashman found out that the Silk One was actually a female.
10. Describe the situation that Flashman walks into when he is put in the cell.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)