|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flashman the most terrified of during his and East's escape?
(a) That Valla will freeze to death.
(b) Being found out by Russian soldiers.
(c) Being attacked by wolves.
(d) Being caught with his pants down by East.
2. Yakub Beg makes Flashman his what?
(b) Blood brother.
(d) Chief spy.
3. Where is Flashman eager to get to after he's been rescued?
(a) Afghanistan, and then to India.
(b) Back Starovosk and Valla.
(c) Back to England.
(d) Back to Fort Raim.
4. When the Russian Soldiers come upon Flashman in the snow, what do they do?
(a) They kill him.
(b) They send him back to Pencherjevsky's estate.
(c) They leave him to be eaten by the wolves.
(d) They knock him unconscious.
5. What is Flashman's survival strategy for when the odds are against him?
(a) To focus.
(b) To have a positive attitude.
(c) To stay calm and cheat.
(d) To win over his captors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of Flashman's captors is the most vile?
2. How does the Count think of Flashman?
3. How do the two other prisoners at Fort Raim talk to each other?
4. Who puts Valla in Flashman's care during the peasant uprising?
5. What do Kutebar and Flashman take turns doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scud East avoid family dinners with Count Pencherjevsky and his family?
2. Explain how Flashman found out that the Silk One was actually a female.
3. How does East feel when Flashman throw's Valla overboard? Describe his reaction.
4. Explain why Flashman is momentarily wary of seeing Scud East at Pencherjevsky's estate.
5. How does the Silk One react to Flashman's reasoning for not wanting to help Yakub Beg and his people fight the Russians?
6. Describe why Flashman feels comforted by the desert.
7. Describe how East and Flashman were treated in the house of Count Pencherjevsky.
8. Explain why Count Ignatieff decides to take Flashman with him to India.
9. Explain why Flashman called Yakub Beg and his companion Panthans.
10. Explain why Izzat Kutebar feels slightly ashamed of the way that he, Flashman and Yakub Beg were rescued from Fort Raim.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)