|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second message, how does Raglan order Lucan to behave?
(a) Full attack.
(b) However he feels is appropriate.
(c) Defensively and with good judgment.
(d) Offesnively and with good judgment.
2. How does Flashman describe the Russian soldiers?
(a) Small and fast.
(b) Big and brave.
(c) Dull and ordinary.
(d) Ordinary, but good company.
3. Once Flashman gets to mainland Russia, where do they keep him?
(a) At a local police station.
(b) He never goes to mainland Russia.
(c) In a prison.
(d) On a country estate.
4. Who or what does Prince William turn out to be?
(a) A lazy, good-for nothing royal.
(b) The greenhorn that Cutts took advantage of at the pool hall.
(c) A brilliant soldier, eager to do battle.
(d) A spoiled brat.
5. What country does Britain go to war with?
(a) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flashman think to himself "let it be a long war," when he gets to the estate where he is staying?
2. To what do Raglan and Airey mistakenly attribute Flashman's tears to?
3. What does Billy Russell tell Flashman will happen "in a day or so"?
4. Who is Billy Russell?
5. What does Flashman insist about his reputation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flashman weep so bitterly when he finds Willy dead?
2. How does Flashman react when Willy states that he wants a whore?
3. Describe Elspeth's reaction when she finds out that Flashy has signed up with the Board of Ordnance instead of his old regiment the Hussars.
4. Does Flashman believe his wife when she claims she didn't know that Lord Cardigan would be in her room? Explain why or why not.
5. How does Flashman catch Elspeth with Lord Cardigan? Describe the events.
6. Explain why Flashman considers Raglan a hypocrite in Chapter 3.
7. Describe the Russian countryside, as seen through Flashman's eyes.
8. Explain how Flashy helped the young naive "greenhorn" in the pool hall beat Cutts in a game of pool. Why did he help the greenhorn?
9. What reason is given for Lord Cardigan kicking Flashy out of the 11th Hussars 14 years earlier?
10. Explain the outcome of the Charge of the Light Brigade.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)