|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do Raglan and Airey mistakenly attribute Flashman's tears to?
(a) His own terror during the battle.
(b) Willy's death.
(c) His longing for his wife.
(d) His reputation possibly being ruined.
2. Where does Campbell believe that the main Russian advance will be directed?
(a) Back towards Balaclava.
(b) He doesn't think there will be another Russian advance.
(c) North of the Causeway.
(d) South of the Causeway.
3. What does every traveler have to show while traveling in Russia?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) Their "ticket to live."
(d) A passport.
4. Why is Elspeth delighted by the friendship/mentor-ship between Flashman and Prince William?
(a) Because it gives her free time away from Flashman.
(b) Because it opens society's doors to her and Flashman.
(c) She isn't delighted; she doesn't like how close they have become.
(d) Because she is secretly in love with Prince William.
5. What is odd about Captain Count Nicholas Pavlovitch Ignatieff's eyes?
(a) One is blue and the other is brown.
(b) He only has one eye.
(c) He is blind.
(d) One is blue, and the other is half-brown, half-blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flashman teach Cutts a lesson?
2. Why does Flashman teach Cutts a lesson at the pool hall?
3. Why does Flashman pull strings to join the Board of Ordnance?
4. What surprises Flashman about the Russian peasants?
5. What is the date that the entirety of Chapter 4 takes place on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Lew Nolan goes off about Lord Raglan being a fool.
2. What reason does Flashman give for being jealous after seeing Elspeth's interaction with Lord Cardigan?
3. What reason is given for Lord Cardigan kicking Flashy out of the 11th Hussars 14 years earlier?
4. Describe the Russian countryside, as seen through Flashman's eyes.
5. Explain why Flashman considers Raglan a hypocrite in Chapter 3.
6. How does Flashy describe the Board of Ordnance, and how does he decide to get through it?
7. Explain how Flashy helped the young naive "greenhorn" in the pool hall beat Cutts in a game of pool. Why did he help the greenhorn?
8. Describe how Elspeth reacts when Flashman confronts her about catching her almost cheating on him with Lord Cardigan.
9. Explain how Flashman got dysentery.
10. Explain why Raglan's orders to Lucan are contradictory.
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)