|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Flashman gets to mainland Russia, where do they keep him?
(a) He never goes to mainland Russia.
(b) On a country estate.
(c) In a prison.
(d) At a local police station.
2. Who does Raglan send after the fastest galloper to deliver Lucan a second message?
(a) Lord Cardigan.
(c) Billy Russell.
(d) Lew Nolan.
3. What is the date that the entirety of Chapter 4 takes place on?
(a) December 1st, 1854.
(b) October 25th, 1854.
(c) October 31st, 1850.
(d) October 1st, 1854.
4. Why does Flashman say that Lord Raglan is the worst kind of General imaginable?
(a) Because he is weak and cowardly.
(b) Because he is brave, optimistic and ready to take on all the odds.
(c) Because Lord Raglan just wants to go home.
(d) Because Lord Raglan blames Flashman for the Prince's death.
5. How does Flashman describe the Russian civil servants?
(a) As a bad lot who were pompous and stupid.
(b) As very nice, but stupid.
(c) As genial drunks.
(d) As stoic goverment servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Flashman search for as he lies on the ground waiting for Russian swords to pierce him?
2. What is Flashman doing when he catches Elspeth and Lord Cardigan?
3. What has Flashman clearly been trying to avoid?
4. Why doesn't Flashman take part in the siege operations?
5. What is Flashman's personal nickname for Lord Cardigan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what made Flashman's spirits lift once he gets to Count Pencherjevsky's estate.
2. What reason is given for Lord Cardigan kicking Flashy out of the 11th Hussars 14 years earlier?
3. In Flashman's opinion, why did it take so long for them to march toward Sevastopol?
4. How does Flashy describe the Board of Ordnance, and how does he decide to get through it?
5. Describe how Elspeth reacts when Flashman confronts her about catching her almost cheating on him with Lord Cardigan.
6. Describe the scene in Varna when Flashman and Willy arrived.
7. Explain why Lew Nolan goes off about Lord Raglan being a fool.
8. Explain why Flashman considers Raglan a hypocrite in Chapter 3.
9. Explain why Willy annoys Flashman in the events leading up to, and also during the first part of the Battle of Alma.
10. Describe Lord Raglan's reaction to Prince William's death.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)