|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Flashman blame for him learning about Item 7?
(b) Count Pencherjevsky.
(c) Scud East.
(d) Aunt Sara.
2. What noise does Kutebar make in the cell during the dead of night at Fort Raim?
(a) He screams.
(b) He is completely silent.
(c) A low whistle, which most people wouldn't even notice.
(d) He makes an animal cry.
3. Why is Flashman annoyed at East for giving Valla something for sleep?
(a) Flashman wanted Valla to be alert for danger.
(b) Flashman couldn't care less if East gave her something or not.
(c) Flashman wanted the opportunity to comfort the half-naked blonde.
(d) Flashman was afraid he'd given her too much.
4. Where do Flashman, East and Valla first refuel and get supplies during their escape?
(b) In Yenitchi.
(c) At the Sea of Azov.
5. Who puts Valla in Flashman's care during the peasant uprising?
(a) Scud East.
(b) Count Pencherjevsky.
(c) Aunt Sara.
(d) Count Ignatieff.
6. What does Flashman imagine he will be touted once he's able to get the news to his commanders about the Russian Invasion?
(a) The Russian Rogue.
(b) The Saviour of India.
(c) The Saviour of the Queen.
(d) The Saviour of England.
7. Flashman goes snooping through East's writings and discovers a long letter to whom?
(a) Tom Brown.
(c) Lord Raglan.
(d) Lord Cardigan.
8. Who says "Put no faith in women, and as much in Chinese"?
(a) Yakub Beg.
(b) The Silk One.
9. Where is Count Ignatieff eventually taking Flashman?
(a) To India.
(b) To Crimea.
(c) Back to Starotosk.
(d) To England.
10. How does Flashman wake up on the second night of being in the cell?
(b) With Kutebar's hairy paw over his mouth to quiet him.
(c) He hears screaming and awakes ready to fight.
(d) He wakes up sweating from a terrible nightmare.
11. What fairytale character does Flashman compare Count Pencherjevsky to?
(a) The evil queen in Sleeping Beauty.
(b) The wolf in Little Red Riding Hood.
(c) The giant from Jack and the Bean Stalk.
(d) Grumpy in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
12. Who does Count Pencherjevsky's family consist of?
(a) Himself, his daughter Valla, and Aunt Sara.
(b) Himself, his wife and his daughter, Valla.
(c) Himself only; he doesn't think much of women.
(d) Himself and his daughter only.
13. Where does Flashman say he will finally feel safe?
(a) Only when he is able to get the news of the Russian invasion to his commanders.
(b) Only when he reaches London and his favorite ale house.
(c) Only when he is back in Elspeth's arms.
(d) Only when Count Ignatieff is dead.
14. Why does one of the other prisoners tell Flashman to "take heart"?
(a) He tells Flashman that if could be worse, he could get knouted.
(b) He thanks Flashman profusely for helping him and tells Flashman to take his heart.
(c) He tells Flashman that he might be luckier than he knew.
(d) He tells Flashman that it could be worse, he could be dead.
15. Why does Flashman believe Scud East abandoned him?
(a) Because he truly wanted to deliver the message to Lord Raglan.
(b) Because Flashman tossed Valla overboard the sled.
(c) Because he was freezing and wanted to find shelter.
(d) Because he was terrified and wanted to get away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Silk One's father?
2. In order to make the sled go faster, what do East and Flashman have to do?
3. Of the party that saves the three prisoners, who seems to have the authority?
4. What is the purpose of Aunt Sara introducing Flashman to the Russian steam bath?
5. What does Flashman suppose in the first line of Chapter 8?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)